276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Hobbit: 40 Removable Posters: The Definitive Movie Posters (Insights Poster Collections)

£9.5£19.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The dwarves and Gandolf manage to escape the goblins in the Misty Mountains. Write a description of how they escaped. Can you design a board game based on the book in which the characters have to complete a similar quest? When Thorin and others are kidnapped by goblins, they sing a song that includes examples of onomatopoeia. Could you make your own onomatopoeic song?

I am already excited to see the next instalment but to keep me satisfied until then..i may go and watch my LOTR boxset again . And them maybe this film again! Adventure is calling! Go along with Bilbo Baggins and 13 dwarves on the most epic adventure full of goblins, wargs, spiders, dragon Smaug and of course a very large pile of gold. All you have to do is look at the Hobbit category and choose a poster, notebook, mug, keychain or an action figurine with Hobbit motifs and you will suddenly bring a hobbit atmosphere to your home. But beware! Buying many Hobbit merch can upgrade your home to a hobbit-hole. First off I have never read The Hobbit, but from what I gather the book isn't all that long, so the fact that this film is the first of three, suggests they may be milking it a little. That being said however I was very excited to return to Middle Earth for a new story..and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.The story has been translated into more than 40 languages. Can you choose some words / sentences from the book and translate them into a language that you know? Plan the food and drink that Bilbo might need for his unexpected visitors. How much of each item will he need? How much might this cost? Can you make up some word problems using this information? This is the Prequel story to LOTR following the adventures of Bilbo Baggins (Frodo's Uncle played by Ian Holm previously) and how he came to be in possession on the ring. The book was first published in 1937. What was life like then? How was it similar / different to life today? Summarise the story from the point of view of a different character (e.g. Gandalf or Smaug). What do they think about the different things that happened?

Design a new character / creature that might appear in an additional chapter of the book. How might they fit into the story? Bilbo has to escape Gollum by thinking of some clever riddles. Can you write some riddles of your own about everyday objects? Challenge your friends to solve them!

Required Cookies & Technologies

This iconic poster captures Freeman as hobbit 'Bilbo Baggins', resolute and ready for the adventure ahead! It has never been folded and is in great condition. As our photos show, it displays really well! Being double-sided, it is suitable for display in an Art of the Movies Light Box or traditional framing. Either way, this is a must for any Tolkien or fantasy fan!

Write a diary entry from Bilbo based on one of the key events in the book. Use descriptive language and try to imagine how Bilbo and the people around him felt. In the first edition of the book, Gollum was happy to bet the magic ring on the outcome of the riddle game, and he and Bilbo parted as friends. However, this was changed in the second edition. Tolkien made Gollum more aggressive towards Bilbo and distraught at losing the ring. Can you write a second edition of one of your own stories, or of another popular book, in which a key plot point is changed?

Downloads:

The story starts with the words, ‘In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit.’ Could you use this as the starting point for your own story?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment