276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Archer’s Goon

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Archer's Goon is a mysterious large man who shows up one day in Howard Sykes's kitchen, refusing to leave until Howard's father Quentin delivers the two thousand words he owes. But she does a wonderful job keeping the mystery intriguing right up through the end of the book, as Howard and his sister Awful try desperately to figure out what's going on before the seven siblings drive them all to distraction or worse. I thought this was unique from many fantasy books were the events will often happen to the kids in a vacuum without their parents. In 1965, when Rhodesia declared independence unilaterally (one of the last colonies and not tiny), "I felt as if the book were coming true as I wrote it.

Some old sellotape stuck to the boards (and some removed, with surface abrasion to boards) - 4 patches where a library dust jacket cover was attached to the boards. Add a dash of magic, parental embarrassment, and a rogue bagpipe band, and you have a thoroughly entertaining read for any age.She won the Guardian Award in 1977 with Charmed Life, was runner-up for the Children’s Book Award in 1981, and was twice runner-up for the Carnegie Medal. But Archer's Goon had been originally published in 1984 and no one had seen fit to bring it back into print. Venturus had twice, to get himself out of design problems with his spaceship, sent the whole town back thirteen years through time, accidentally transforming himself into a small child in the process. She was friends with both McKinley and Gaiman, and Jones and Gaiman are fans of each other's work; she dedicated her 1993 novel Hexwood to him after something he said in conversation inspired a key part of the plot.

They all board the ship, which Howard–Venturus has programmed to allow them to come aboard but not disembark, for a one-way trip to Alpha Centauri, and the ship takes off. When some things are revealed, I would have liked the book to end, but it kept going and I didn't particularly care for the ending.

Celestial intrigue and the nature of storytelling are just two of the strands woven together in Jones's (the Chrestomanci books) inventive novella. Howard’s family, comprising of Quentin, mum Catriona and little sister Awful (actual name Andrea), feels like any family you might know; they may have their arguments, but they are always there for each other, and the banter between them feels genuine. What does Miriam Margolyes bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book? Odatle kreće ludilo, i žao mi je da ga spojlujem, ali predlažem da neko od vas što pre pročita knjigu pa da možemo da kršimo ruke nad suludim komplikacijama i stvarima koje su namerno ostavljene nedorečene. Diana was born in London, the daughter of Marjorie (née Jackson) and Richard Aneurin Jones, both of whom were teachers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment