276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Couch Fiction: A Graphic Tale of Psychotherapy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This compelling study of psychotherapy in the form of a graphic novel vividly explores a year’s therapy sessions as a search for understanding and truth. Beautifully illustrated by Flo Perry, author of How to Have Feminist Sex, and accompanied by succinct and illuminating footnotes, this book offers a witty and thought-provoking exploration of the therapeutic journey, considering a range of skills, insights and techniques along the way. ______________________________________________________________________________’I loved it. I loved it. I smiled and laughed. And nodded. One to read for sure.' - Susie Orbach, author and columnist

Perry, Philippa. "Philippa Perry: 'ADHD is now fashionable. Social contagion drives this' " . Retrieved 10 October 2023.Philippa Perry: The most important thing for parents to know". Financial Times. 8 March 2019 . Retrieved 13 April 2019. Ongoing Covid restrictions, reduced air and freight capacity, high volumes and winter weather conditions are all impacting transportation and local delivery across the globe. I digress. This book, I feel, is an excellent advertisement for psychotherapy. I would pay money to consult Pat. Perry, Philippa. "Ask Philippa: meet the Observer's brilliant new agony aunt" . Retrieved 20 June 2021.

The author presents a fictional case study of Pat, a messy, middle-aged female psychotherapist and James, a seemingly successful, smug, thirtysomething barrister who, when he was only a kid, developed kleptomania. The illustrated story follows their psychotherapeutic relationship and the breakthroughs of each through a year of therapy sessions together. Lady Perry was born in Warrington, Cheshire. Her mother's family owned a cotton mill and her father inherited a civil engineering company and a farm. She was educated at Abbots Bromley School for Girls [3] and at a Swiss finishing school where she learnt to ski. [4] [5] With most of the pictures, illustrated by an unknown artist Junko Graat, there are footnotes that provide more theoretical reflections, and explain the importance of a scene.

Perry is a monthly agony aunt for Red magazine [10] and, since June 2021, for The Observer. [16] She appeared on BBC Radio 4's The Museum of Curiosity in November 2019. Her hypothetical donation to this imaginary museum was "A swarm of fruit flies". [17] Politics [ edit ] Publications [ edit ] Books [ edit ] agnesvirtually: “Playing the violin’s my cerebral and spiritual practice. I feel sight reading does me better than crosswords ...”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment