276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Logitech G502 X PLUS LIGHTSPEED Wireless RGB Gaming Mouse - Optical Mouse with LIGHTFORCE Hybrid Switches, LIGHTSYNC RGB, HERO 25K Gaming Sensor, Compatible with PC - macOS/Windows - White

£74.995£149.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The G502X Plus is wireless (as is the Lightspeed model), boasting very little latency and 120 hours of battery life. This sounds great on paper, but there are a few caveats. Firstly, wireless gaming mice these days are generally latency-free as standard, so although the G502 X is relatively latency-free, it doesn’t really do this in a way that greatly surpasses other models. Normally I'd give some kind of caveat about genres the mouse doesn't handle well here, but I can't think of any offhand. Since it has so many programmable buttons, MMO aficionados should be taken care of; since those extra buttons are unobtrusive, real-time strategy (RTS) and multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) players shouldn't have any trouble. At 3.6 ounces, the G502 X Lightspeed isn't incredibly light, so esports competitors may not gravitate toward it, though. Logitech G502 X Lightspeed review: Verdict All G502 X modes use Lightforce switches, a hybrid optical and mechanical switch that promises to be both reliable, and tactile. These switches have already proven themselves, and they continue to shine in the G502 X range. They are the right combination of heavy and responsive, they feel meaningful to push, but they don’t require a lot of force. They also respond well without giving ghost double presses. The thumb button in all its forms is a great addition that gives the G502 X that bit of extra customisability.

Keep the mouse and receiver 2 m+ away from wireless routers or other 2 4GHz wireless devices to minimize environmental noise I can't say there's a lot to complain about with this one. I personally regarded the previous model as the perfect mouse, and it's almost a shame to remove the weight it had behind it, though I do admit the ergonomic changes are likely better for my hand. The new ergonomics do have the potential to alienate those with larger hands or who don't enjoy the sideways slant, and the weight reduction has meant RGB likers like me would need to spend substantially more. But FPS players with average sized hands are likely to be over the moon with the G502 X. Secondly, the advertised battery life for the G502 X Plus of 120 hours is only achievable with the RGB switched off, and the RGB is the main feature differentiating the G502 X Plus from the G502 X Lightspeed. With the RGB running, the battery life is reduced dramatically to just 37 hours. The Logitech G502 X series is an evolution of the cult favourite Logitech G502, their most popular mouse since the first iteration was released in 2014. The Logitech G502 X series features three models, the wired G502 X, the G502 X Lightspeed, and the G502 X Plus. The G502 X keeps mostly to the spirit of the original, with an almost identical shape that is moulded to fit the hand just right, including a rubber thumb rest to the side.Your mouse will operate in data‑over‑cable mode whenever it is plugged in directly to a PC Full charge from empty requires around 2 hours plugged in to a PC USB port.

The scroll wheel was always the main complaint from users of the original G502, as it was heavy and loose. When you fired it with a stream of compressed air (something that became all the rage on Reddit and Youtube in 2018) it would sound like a plane about to take off. A wireless receiver attached to the USB adapter can be found in the accessory box Plug one end of the cable into your PC, and the other end into the USB adapter and receiver – The receiver can also be used plugged directly into your PC However, using the cable and adapter when in wireless mode is recommended and allows for better connectivity and easy access to the cable for recharging.Pair that with the fantastic thumb rest, longer buttons and you have yourself a superbly ergonomic mouse that boasts improvements we didn't know we needed from the Logitech G502 line.

The G502 X range continues uses the tried and tested Hero Sensor, which was also present in the predecessor. This allows up to 25,000 DPI, which is impressively sensitive, but honestly, lags a little behind competitors like Razer, who have recently released new sensors that reach up to 30,000 DPI with higher acceleration and accuracy. The sensor is robust and works on most materials I tried it on, including an expensive mousemat, a cheap one, a wooden desk, plastic sheeting, paper, and even glass. For something designed with portability in mind, this is important.The wired version here is the evident choice for the sensible and frugal among us, and the wire actually doesn't create a detriment to the usability. It's long and flexible enough that it doesn't get in the way, and although it's not braided like some of the previous model's cables, it doesn't snag or curl up. Of more interest is the battery life, which Logitech estimates at 140 hours in the Lightspeed, and 130 hours in the Plus. Our testing bore this out on the Lightspeed model, although the Plus model drained the battery quite a bit faster, at least with the RGB lighting turned on. Assuming you use the mouse for about eight hours a day, you could get 17 days of use with the lighting turned off, and perhaps 10 days with the lighting turned on. Logitech G502 X Lightspeed review: Performance The major difference comes in the form of the angle of your hand. While my initial qualm was that the lower profile shell meant my wrist was leaning on the desk a lot, my hand has now shifted around to the intended position. I get it now. It's slightly skewed, similarly to those vertical mice that are all the rage at the moment in offices, which gives it superior ergonomics to the simple flat, front facing hand placement of the original design, without it taking an age to adjust. Thanks to its HERO 25K sensor, the one big thing it inherited from its predecessor, turning is smooth and accurate, regardless of whether you’re playing a slower-paced game like Sable or a fast-paced combat title like Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment