276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HMS Defiance: Devonport's Submarine Base

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

HMS Defiance was a 74-gun third-rate of launched in 1783. She was used as a prison ship from 1813 and was broken up in 1817.

Just a note to thank you very much for your excellent service. We will certainly not hesitate to recommend you to other friends and relatives.Thankyou for the medal ribbons received this morning. I am most impressed with your excellent service. After serving as a prison ship at Chatham from 1813, she was broken up in 1817. [1] Captains [ edit ] During the battle of Trafalgar Defiance and sustained casualties of 57 killed, [10] and 153 wounded. [ citation needed] Final service and fate [ edit ] English ship Defiance (1588) was an 8-gun pinnace that took part in the action against the Spanish Armada in 1588. It is said on the web that in 1947 when the Electrical Branch was formed that it was Electrical Mechanic , not Mate .This simply incorrect and when I questioned this I was told it was because in 'about' 1957 it changed from Electrician's Mate to Electrical Mechanic .( a rather strange reason ? But--)

Soon, Defiant fights and captures a Venetian frigate, taking on many prisoners. Crawford is severely wounded in the action and eventually loses his arm. Discovered among the prisoners is a key aide to Napoleon, from whom the British learn important information about a planned invasion of Britain. Another topic when I joined a submarine early 1950 as an additional for training , I discovered the WW2 Electrician and his EMs , had a converted from LTOs , that previously formed the ship electricians within the Torpedo Branch prior to 1947. They were not actually Torpedo men , being trained in ship electrical maintenance . There are those who state on the web that the new 1947 Electrical Branch was formed mainly by "Wire men" --- this not so . Some were found to have started off-white, but the decision was made to keep them colourful. The hues used are based on those to be seen on a set of 1912 cigarette cards depicting navy figureheads.

Sources

Those of your former ilk are recorded on each plaque with their correct electrical branch rate at that time: Conway also likes the more modest HMS Minerva, a smaller figure that never actually made it on to a ship. He thinks the figure’s creators jumped the gun and made it before the commission had been confirmed.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment