276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mooer Hustle Drive, drive micro pedal

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I don't think that it is any secret that the Mooer pedals are, for the most part, clones of other popular and/or discontinued pedals. Like I've mentioned, Mooer have since begun making their own original pedals. But it was these mini clone pedals that have made Mooer so well known. And, gave them the platform to eventually start creating and producing their own pedals. But, if you'd like confirmation that these are definitely clone pedals, we don't have to look too far to actually recognize which pedals these are clones of. let's look at two giveaway factors right off the bat: The tone control is essentially a treble roll-off. Although a fair bit of treble is filtered at the main amplification stage, the tone control is used to remove treble above a fixed frequency right before the output of the pedal. HP/LP switch But what is the LoFi machine? it is a pedal that reduces the sample rate and depth, with a range from 60Hz all the way up to 31250Hz And, 5bit all the up to 16 bits parameter for controlling the depth of the sample... Thus, resulting bit-crusher type of sound. The LoFi Machine has three knobs along with a 3-way toggle switch. The three knobs on this pedal include: Q: The "Q" knob is quite misleading but it basically just lets you play with how intense you want the wah effect to be. This knob initially led me to believe that the Funky Monkey was a clone of the EHX Qtron pedal. Which is actually pretty plausible come to think of it now, seeing as though the Qtron is also an automatic wah pedal.

Reddit Best OCD Clone : r/guitarpedals - Reddit

As with my take on the ’Klon’ and ’Dumble’, there is usually an aspect of the core tone that I am seeking, and in this instance the OCD is the 5th pedal along in my overdrive chain, and thus the highest in gain of my overdrive pedals - or a little over medium gain as such - and always in the HP voicing. There are a few pedals on the Mooer clone list that are not clones of other pedals. The LoFi Machine happens to be one of these Mooer pedals. If you're wanting a guitar pedal that can achieve the Super Mario theme song sound (and more), then this LoFi Machine is definitely for you. If you're wondering how this matches up to the Blue Faze which is another similar fuzz on this Mooer clone list, I'll explain..the Blue faze vs the Grey faze is pretty simple. Both are pedals based on the same Fuzz face circuit. However, the Blue Faze uses silicon transistors whilst the Grey faze uses germanium transistors. This results in a different tone from the either pedal. The Blue Faze is a lot brasher an in your face. Whilst the grey faze is warmer and smoother overall. Also, the grey faze can, at times, sound like overdrive.

11: HEAVY DISTORTION (≈ MESA/Boogie Triple Rectifier amp)

The Blues crab is more of a clean drive pedal that is merely meant to boost or push the front of a tube amplifier. Either to an amp that is about to break up or an already driven amp. The blues mood, on the other hand, has more gain on tap and can be used to achieve subtle gain to crunch bluesy goodness. One of the characteristic elements of the OCD’s clipping is that, when run at 9V, much of the clipping comes from the op-amp itself. The EHX Glove resolves this with an internal charge pump, which bumps the circuit internally from 9V to 18V, from the ‘Super OCD’ modded OCD designed by Fred Briggs. As is ever the case, this is a balancing act between analogue and digital, passive and active circuits, hand-wired and PCB, and tubes versus electronics in some instances. Overdrives and distortions make use of very specific component transistors (silicon vs germanium, jfet vs mosfet etc.), capacitors, diodes and op amps / core processors / chips - each of which gives you a particular nuance, timbre and texture. The world’s most famous green pedal, which boosts the midrange frequencies to give you that satisfying guitar squeal or ’Tube Scream’ as it’s now most commonly known. This pedal is heavily replicated in all manner of varieties, the Ibanez Mini Tube Screamer is perfectly acceptable with its TS9 tones, although not too high output, one better in many ways is the Keeley Red Dirt Mini which came out of all the Keeley Tube Screamer Mods - here with 4 different dip-switch modes. Best for me though is the One Control Persian Green Screamer which has a switch for TS808 Vintage Mode, as well as TS9 modern.

Mooer Hustle Drive Pedal [2023 Review] - Sweetheart Flute Mooer Hustle Drive Pedal [2023 Review] - Sweetheart Flute

If you're a lead guitarist then this is one of those essential distortion pedals you need on your board. The Original Riot distortion by Suhr would be the first choice. However, these are expensive and big. The Mooer is much cheaper and smaller and delivers the same features and similar sound as the Suhr does. The Solo has 3 different modes which can be activated by a toggle switch. These include: Interestingly, for the first few years of manufacture, the germanium diode was incorrectly oriented, meaning the pedal had a sound all of its own. This was later corrected, returning it closer to the sound of the original. Classic tones

2 : MILD OVERDRIVE (≈ Klon Centaur pedal)

This is a very simple yet effective phaser pedal. It also sounds good and can definitely be compared to the MXR's Phase 90 in terms of the way it sounds. I'd much rather buy the Mooer Ninety orange instead of the actual MXR. The reason is simple. You get a great sounding phaser pedal with two voicing in a compact pedal for an affordable price. But, if I must be honest, If someone gave me the opportunity to trade in the Mooer for an actual 1974 script phase, I'd take it. Only because they were, and still are such sought-after phaser pedals. I like the Mooer Grey Faze a lot. I also think it fares well as a clone of the Germanium Fuzz. This pedal has a super simple layout. With only a volume knob and a fuzz knob, much like the Dunlop Germanium fuzz face.. The fuzz knob controls the volume of the fuzz effect. Whilst the Fuzz knob controls how much fuzz you want. I find the fuzz knob to be very responsive on this Mooer pedal, which is something I really like about it. Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA. I also discovered that the Mooer Blue Comp uses an Optical TA7136 chip. Which, if I'm not mistaken is the same chip found in the Boss CS-1

Mooer Hustle Drive | Reverb Canada Mooer Hustle Drive | Reverb Canada

At first glance, this MOC1 effects pedal looks very complicated. However, it is in fact quite simple to grasp. To start with, there are eleven different modes for the various octaves. With each different mode, you're able to adjust, add and blend the low and high octaves to your taste. You can also control your original signal so if you want none of it you can take it away. If you only want a subtle octave, you can retain most of your original sound. Boss has delivered the RE-201 Space Echo and BOSS CE-1 Chorus Ensemble preamps in a single pedal for the BP-1W booster The blue comp is a more complex pedal than the yellow one. The blue comp has an extra two-way toggle switch which allows for more tweaking of your sound. I talk about what the toggle does above. The Yellow one, on the other hand, is a simple three-knob comp pedal and in my opinion, delivers one of the best sounds from any cheap comp pedal I've ever tried. If you're not sure which one is for you, my advice would be to go for the yellow comp. This is a very similar characteristic of the Zen drive. The Rumble is also a very mid-focused overdrive pedal. And, in my opinion, tends to sound more like the Dumble amplifiers. Which would make sense considering the name of this pedal. If you're looking for a lot of gain on tap, then this is not the pedal for you. However, for a blues tone, this is a very useful and handy pedal that will be all you need.

There is also the really high quality Japanese OneControl brand with its excellent Bjørn Juhl -designed minis, and LA-based Italian-made F-Pedals which both could do with more advertising really and more exposure. Yet within all of that Mooer still has a place for providing quality pedals at the right price - the sort of M&S of mini pedals I guess. There are lots of pedal snobs out there, but I personally have a healthy mix of pedals from all corners of the world and I rate them not on where they come from but how they play and how they sound. Admittedly there are only a couple of mins currently in my pedal-chain - largely because I get more options and versatility with compact sized enclosures. HP: High peak mode, boost up the bottomend, when increasing distortion by Drive knob, you will get more volume and a slight increase in high-mid range (around 3.5KHz) Even though it is a tiny one, you will be amazed at the flexibility of this pedal. It really is a piece of feature-rich equipment that you can make the most of.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment