276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Each Peach Pear Plum by Janet Ahlberg, Allan Ahlberg (Paperback, 2008) Pocket-Sized

£2.495£4.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This familiar rhyme has been given the brilliant Ahlbreg treatment to which no young child can fail to respond. It's a book which will be read over and over again . . . just perfect!' Child Education Janet Ahlberg" at Puffin Books Authors comprises identical text with a footer "Bibliography" comprising links to Puffin Books editions of her books. Puffin Books is a Penguin imprint.

Another daisy chain: it’s a book I’ve given to many friends. They usually say how much they and their child enjoy it. I hope that one day, they and their children will pass it on. D. Martin, "Janet & Allan Ahlberg", in Douglas Martin, The Telling Line: Essays on Fifteen Contemporary Book Illustrators (Julia MacRae Books, 1989), pp.264–78If your children have grown out of the board book stage, though, books by Yasmeen Ismail like Would You Like a Banana?or Two Canby Smriti Prasadam-Halls are good for toddlers with plenty of fun and repetition. Join in!

One of my all time favourite books! It is a picture book that is based on characters from traditional tales. It uses the game 'I spy' to encourage the reader to spot the characters in a variety of different settings. Love of language and literature works best as a daisy chain, down the generations. Some of the best picture books have a similar structure, with repetition, rhyme, and rhythm as cues. This is such a book.The jolly postman, or, Other people's letters" (first U.S. edition). LCC record. Retrieved 14 November 2012. Janet died of breast cancer in November 1994 at the age of 50, when their daughter Jessica was 15 years old. Allan Ahlberg says with regret that they "made an absolute fortune" but "never really had holidays". [2] It is a great book which young learners can become involved in. It can be read to the whole class and followed by setting smaller group tasks and/or individual activities, using words, text and recognisable characters that feature in the book.

Aimed at a younger audience (I bought it for a friend's daughter but thought I would read it and play it first) it should probably be simple for an adult like myself. However, I must confess that when I read 'Tom Thumb in the cupboard/I spy Mother Hubbard', I didn't espy her at first! Only when I belatedly noticed the bow of an apron on a rather large derrière in the corner did I realise that she was leaning out of the picture! Read the nursery rhymes and songs featured in Each Peach Pear Plum and others. There are many collections available from libraries and on line, some with CDs. Encourage children to learn their favourites by heart. Make finger puppetsJanet Ahlberg (21 October 1944 – 15 November 1994; née Hall) and Allan Ahlberg (born 5 June 1938) were a British married couple who created many children's books, including picture books that regularly appear at the top of "most popular" lists for public libraries. [1] They worked together for 20 years until Janet's death from cancer in 1994. He wrote the books and she illustrated them. [2] Allan Ahlberg has also written dozens of books with other illustrators. [a]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment