276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sony Alpha 7 IV | Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera ( 33MP, Real-time autofocus, 10 fps, 4K60p, Vari-angle touch screen, Large capacity Z battery ), Black

£1£2Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is especially relevant for content creators looking to offer clients unique live video content over social channels, as well as vloggers and amateur videographers. I find myself zooming to 200mm to find the subject and then zooming back out once found to find my composition. a superfast Wi-Fi chip plus an automatic Bluetooth image back-up mode, you can transfer and share your images instantly. Pushing from base ISO for a dual gain ISO camera seems odd, unless the goal is maximum dynamic range and not noise level, since you get about one full stop less noise in the shadows from second gain level (around ISO 400 or 560 for newer Sony cameras). Overall the a7 IV looks to be a very capable camera: one with much-enhanced video and more sophisticated autofocus.

if there is "lots of noise" in the evf, there will be lots of noise in the actual photo, and you can't see that with an ovf, which is why ovf is a fail, it does NOT reflect what the actual photo will look like. Note that you'll need to turn off Raw capture then select HEIF files, then engage 'HLG Still Image' mode if you want this to work. Since the backlight burns appreciable power, you can’t just increase the brightness arbitrarily to compensate for this. Currently it is only the a7 RV which has this feature but I hope they will release firmware updates for the other bodies.If recording video, the camera can achieve approx 100min (viewfinder) and approx 110min (LCD monitor). All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1998–2024 Digital Photography Review All Rights Reserved. For a majority of subjects, you can just point an AF point at your subject (or let the camera choose one), and be confident that the camera will track it and put focus in the right place. If that's your attitude, then there's very little point in any kind of camera reviews or discussion, since most things could "only be answered by Sony". A menu option lets you decide which settings carry over from stills to video and which maintain independent values.

And, even with the 'Face/Eye Priority in AF' menu setting engaged, the camera doesn't give too much emphasis to faces: you can select a point of focus quite near an identified face without the camera assuming that you wanted to focus on it, rather than the object you selected. The tilt screen on the Sony a7 III was always one feature that frustrated me while Canon was releasing cameras with the Vari-angle screen.In addition, the Sony A7 IV shoots at up to 10 frames per second with fast buffer clearance to capture the best moment of the action unveiling in front of you. The a7 IV does boast improved focusing, new autofocus types for subjects, the Vari-angle screen, etc.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment