276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The World’s Worst Parents

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Founded in 2010, Thought Catalog is owned and operated by The Thought & Expression Company, Inc. For over a decade, we've been at the bleeding edge of media, pioneering an infrastructure for creatives to flourish both artistically and financially.

Sure, some parents are embarrassing – but they’re NOTHING on this lot. These are ten tales of the world’s most spectacularly silly mums and deliriously daft dads. I have no idea what happened following my involvement (I’m mostly investigative) but yeah…that kid’s got a rough future ahead no matter which of several possible scenarios plays out . I am a massive fan of David Walliams’ books so I had high hopes for this book, and thankfully it not only lived up to my expectations it well and truly surpassed them.I don't blame this man queue are really irritating and my feet literally give up on me but I can probably go by one WITHOUT having my STANDING ON THE END, MY GLASSES STEAMING UP, MY NOSTRILS FLARING UP?, AND MY EARS FLAPPING?! I am not kidding around when I say that he went COO COO CRAZY when he sees queues. Again.... I would have given this story more if it wouldn't have been for the aunt and her teeth! WHO BITES THERE NEPHEW?! And Terry did take it too far from doing all the chaos he caused. One- David Walliams making another addition to his 'World's Worst' series after Worst Children and Worst Teachers. His baby mamas have a Facebook group where they all go to talk shit about him and his inability to pay child support. We joke about them unionizing. It’s pretty funny.

Aside from their terrible parenting of their first child, they’ve completely destroyed their second child’s chance at a life.When I read the book I thought it was funny and it made me feel like I didn’t want to have any parents who treated me like that. I thought it was funny because the parents actually ended up having a bad problem with themselves HA HA HA HA HA . The only reason I know the names of the kids across the street is that their mother is constantly screaming at them from her perch on the porch. From parents who neglect their children for video games to a mother who attempted to sell her daughter’s virginity, we count fifteen parents who should’ve never been allowed to reproduce. Pinch your nose for Peter Pong, the man with the stinkiest feet in the world… jump out of the way of Harriet Hurry, the fastest mum on two wheels… watch out for Monty Monopolize, the dad who takes all his kids toys… and oh no, it’s Supermum! Brandishing a toilet brush, a mop and a very bad homemade outfit… Full of colourful illustrations and an excess of onomatopoeia, alliteration and assonance, this is a funny collection of short stories about some pretty unique parents and their children. Some who behave badly and others who are not quite “the world’s worst parents.” My two personal favourites were Tudor Tutelage and Lord Grandiose (this gave me Matilda and The Twits vibes if you’ve ever read those Dahl classics).

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE OUT OF ALL! I LOVE THE ENDING! AND THE BEGINING AND THE MIDDLE! THIS STORY IS A OVERALL 5 START IN MY BOOK! Its about an Upper-Class twit. He meets another Upper-Class twit called Lady Lavonia Lavish. She was a rather even more of a posh upper-class twit if I say more myself. The ending was IMMACULATE. It was perfect maybe even more than perfect! It was mind-boggling funny! Well......I guess thats what you get for being a twit! I honestly don’t have a bad word to say about this book. I was genuinely laugh out loud funny, the stories were interesting and the illustrations were visually stunning. As an adult reading this book I had a wonderful reading experience, so I can only image the joy this book would bring to its target audience. Pinch your nose for Peter Pong, the man with the stinkiest feet in the world… jump out of the way of Harriet Hurry, the fastest mum on two wheels… watch out for Monty Monopolize, the dad who takes all his kids’ toys… and oh no, it’s Supermum! Brandishing a toilet brush, a mop and a very bad homemade outfit… This story was the one I was most exited about. Tho it is the most creative one out of all of them.....I had higher expectations of the story..... Don't get me wrong! Its a great story! Just not my cup of tea. I don't want to go in detail in this one cause this is about a mom who clean bogs. Now...there is no shame in hard work! But the thing that happened next........THE BOGS WERE ALIVE! THEY WERE SWALLOWING HUMANS! That was a MAJOR surprise! The first time I met his mom I KNEW there was no hope for this guy. She CONSTANTLY controlled his every move. He couldn’t eat certain foods because they’d “give you gas” or “I don’t think you’d like that anyway,” and he wasn’t allowed to do ANYTHING without her permission. He had his license, but she drove him to and from work. She even ended up getting a job in the same building, though a different department, and I suspect it had nothing to do with “carpooling to save gas money.”Charlie Wilcox caught the world’s attention in 2011 when she revealed she’d smoked 3,500 cigarettes during the course of her pregnancy. Read by a star cast on Audible, it's entertaining to listen to, full of energy, though you do miss some of the visual humour and Tony Ross illustrations by accessing it in this format. During the pregnancy, the unborn child had dangerously high carbon monoxide levels, but this did not deter Charlie.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment