276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Messi: The must-read biography of the World Cup champion, now fully updated (Guillem Balague's Books)

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

His potential is limitless, and I think he’s got everything it takes to become Argentina’s greatest player.” Recognizably smaller than most of the kids in his age group, Messi was eventually diagnosed by doctors as suffering from a hormone deficiency that restricted his growth. Messi’s parents, Jorge and Ceclia, decided on a regimen of nightly growth-hormone injections for their son, though it soon proved impossible to pay several hundred dollars per month for the medication. Fascinating. What an interesting man. (Don’t read the Rooney straight after, or you’ll realise Rooney has no character or interesting elements to him at all). My son loved it and my wife listened to me reading it to him.”

Whether it’s a friendly match, or for points, or a final, or any game—I play the same. I’m always trying to be my best, first for my team, for myself, for the fans and to try and win. In July 2016, Messi suffered a blow off the soccer field when a Barcelona court found him and his father guilty of three counts of tax fraud. During a four-day trial, Messi and his father denied breaking the law and claimed they were unaware of any tax illegalities they had committed. Lionel Messi was born, 24 June 1987, in Rosario, Argentina to a working-class family. His father was a factory steel worker, and his mother a cleaner.

Lionel Messi added to his already impressive list of soccer accomplishments on October 30, winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s top male player for a record eighth time. The Argentinian beat out Manchester city striker Erling Haaland for the award. To tell you the truth this is really quite unbelievable. The fourth award that I have had is just too great for words. ” ( BBC) Messi and Ronaldo This short but sweet biography on world's best football star is a nice and easy way to warm up to the genre if you have yet to read one. The majority of the book is based off of a single interview done by Faccio with Leo Messi, and follows his football career from his first touch on the ball to his second Ballon d'Or trophy.

The amazing biography written by Leonardo Faccio on the best player in the world gives the reader an overview of how Messi became the best player in the world. Lionel Andress Messi was born on June 24th,1987 in Rosario, Argentina. At the age of only 13 years old, young Lionel Messi was moved to Spain after that Fc Barcelona agreed to pay hormone deficiency treatments. Hormone deficiency restricted Messi’s grown and could not grow as tall as the kids his age. Messi was an amazing player for his age, so Fc Barcelona offered a chance to Messi to train at La Masia and help his parents pay the meditation bills. Messi was an amazing player at the age of 13, he got to the Barcelona Junior team at the age of 16 while that people get there at the age of 18. Messi made several achievements that year, he broke the record of being the first youngest player at Barcelona to score for the first team and also let his national team to the under 20 World Cup. In 2009, Messi led Barcelona to win The UEFA Champions League, The League, and the Spanish Cup. Messi also took home with him his first Ballon d'Or. Messi broke all the records and scored more goals than legends who have played at the club. Today, Messi is the best player in the world, holding five Ballon D’ors, four Champions League, three UEFA best player of Europe, eight leagues, and four Spanish cup winners. Messi was also named a player of the year three times, top scorer fifteen times, one-time Olympic gold medalist and much more wins with the amazing Fc Barcelona team. Finally, one would describe Messi in three words: God of Soccer. Spanish La Liga title (*10) : 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16 Because Messi was brought up in Spain, since he was 11 years old, he has Spanish nationality. In 2004, he was offered the chance to play for Spain’s Under 20 side, but Messi decided to play for Argentina, the country of his birth. He led Argentina to victory in the 2005 FIFA Youth Championship. Messi made his full international debut in August 2005, during a friendly against Hungary. In his first game, Messi was sent off for allegedly elbowing a player. The decision was contentious and not in keeping with Messi’s style of play which is generally clean and in the spirit of fair play; he has very rarely been accused of diving.Throughout the book we learn of the many adversities that Messi has faced from childhood, including his growth deficiency, as well as financial and family troubles. Leo recalls his nightly routine of administering hypodermic shots filed with growth hormones, as well as the tremendous pain that occurred in the process. Messi also talks about what his life was like while in the Barcelona academy, and the tremendous amount of pressure that was placed on his shoulders. Messi is widely regarded as one of the most exciting players of the modern age – in fact, any age. He has a peerless ability to dribble and take on opponents. Maradona has described his ball control as supremely good. “ The ball stays glued to his foot; I’ve seen great players in my career, but I’ve never seen anyone with Messi’s ball control.” Messi has said he wishes to retain the joy of how a child plays football Lionel Messi is an Argentinian footballer widely regarded as one of the greatest players of the modern generation. He plays for FC Barcelona and the Argentina national team. He has won FIFA world player of the year five times (2009–12 and 2015). He has often been described as Diego Maradona’s successor because of his prolific goal scoring record and ability to dribble past opponents. Messi and Roccuzzo have three children together: Thiago, born in November 2012; Mateo, born in September 2015; and Ciro, born in March 2018.

In conclusion, another name for this book would be The Life Changer, and the author wrote this book to teach people not to give up. The 2014 World Cup in Brazil is an opportunity for Messi to make an impact on the highest stage of them all. In the opening game against, Bosnia – Herzegovina, Messi scored a great goal to give Argentina a winning start. He scored four goals to help Argentina reach the World Cup Final. In the final, Argentina lost 1-0 to Germany. Messi was awarded ‘Golden Ball’ player of the tournament, though the decision was not universally supported. After the tournament, Messi replied: Luis Lionel Andres “Leo” Messi was born on June 24, 1987, in Rosario, Argentina. As a young boy, Messi tagged along when his two older brothers played soccer with their friends, unintimidated by the bigger boys. At the age of 8, he was recruited to join the youth system of Newell’s Old Boys, a Rosario-based club. At age 13, Messi signed with FC Barcelona. His first appearance for the team was when he was 16. On May 1, 2005, Messi put himself in the record books as the youngest player to ever score a goal for the franchise.Messi progressed through the ranks and was given his first appearance in the 2004/05 season becoming the youngest player to score a league goal. In 2006, Messi was part of the double winning team which won both La Liga (Spanish League) and Champions League. By next season, (2006-07) aged just 20, Messi was the first choice striker and an essential part of the Barcelona team – scoring 14 goals in 26 league games. Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits and get on with trying to win. I’ve always had this ability to get up and get on with it. Messi embarked on an all-out assault on the record books in 2012. He became the first player to score five goals in a Champions League match in early March, and a few weeks later, he surpassed Cesar Rodriguez’s club-record 232 goals to become Barcelona’s all-time leading scorer. By the end of the year, Messi had accumulated an astounding 91 goals in club and international play, eclipsing the 85 netted in a single calendar year by Gerd Muller in 1972. Fittingly, he broke another record when he was named the Ballon d’Or winner for the fourth consecutive time. My grandson loved it. I bought 4 of this series for my footie mad grandson. I had a look and thought these have been written with the average 10-12 year old boy in mind. Written as a story of the ‘hero’s life.”

Although famously private off the field, Messi has quietly helped others in need. In 2007, he formed the Leo Messi Foundation to provide opportunities for disadvantaged youths. In early 2010, UNICEF named him a goodwill ambassador, with a focus on fighting for children’s rights across the globe. Quotes My 8 year old football fan devoured this book and he’s not one for reading for hours. Would recommend this book.” I have fun like a child in the street. When the day comes when I’m not enjoying it, I will leave football. Messi became the first Argentinian player to win the Ballon d’Or. Even the great Maradona gushed about his fellow countryman. “I see him as very similar to me,” the retired player told the BBC. “He’s a leader and is offering lessons in beautiful football. He has something different than any other player in the world.”He began playing from an early age, and his talent was soon apparent. However, at the age of 11, Messi was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency (GHD). This was a condition that stunted growth and required expensive medical treatment, including the use of the drug Human growth hormone. I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Messi. Messi is a genius, and he can become an even better player.” Messi has his personality and I have mine. He has his game and I have mine. I also play in a big club like him. We are different in every aspect. But right now, he is the best.” Amazingly, the soccer wizard continued to improve, discovering new ways to elude defenders while leading Barcelona to La Liga and Spanish Super Cup championships in 2010 and 2011, as well as the ’11 Champions League title. Messi acts as an ambassador for Unicef, and also runs his own charitable foundation – supporting access to education and sport for children. Because of his own expensive medical treatment, he has also helped Argentinian hospitals with paying for similar treatment to his own.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment