276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rab Men's Nexus Full-Zip Fleece

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Nexus features Rab's 'regular' fit, meaning it sits relatively close to trap as much warmth as possible, yet isn't restrictive during use.

The Rab Nexus Pull-On has limited adjustment—your only option is the deep chest zip, but that is more than enough for me. I tend to walk with it fully open or at least below my stabilizer strap most of the time except deeper winter.The Rab Nexus Pull-On fleece fits me (6 ft/183 cm and 170 lb/77 kg) very well. It is an athletic fit that works on my frame. The length is about right for me since it extends down past my hip belt, but that will obviously vary based on torso length. I chose the Large size which matched my measurements in the Rab sizing guide, and am happy with that choice. Being so light and thin, it layers very well. I wear it in all seasons now from cool summer mornings thrown over a t-shirt... Cold spring and fall mornings and evenings to keep me warm in the sleeping bag while eating... The collar is very comfortable although I rarely zip it up all the way due to being a heat generating machine even in mid-winter. I need the chimney open to vent!

It is made of 94% polyester and 6% elastane. The stretch fleece has two sides to it with different textures. The outer smooth side has what Rab calls a "heathered" effect. Inside is an oval grid pattern to increase warmth and breathability, according to their literature. And a mid layer between base shirt and wind shirt on a snowy 30 degree day (it's there, you just can't see it). I have used the Rab Nexus Pull-On for 18 months in all seasons including approximately 10 weekend 2-3 night hikes in temperatures ranging from around 10 deg F to 80 deg F. It was a commonly worn layer on my 200-mile walk across Scotland in May 2018. I would guess it has seen 30-40 nights out and about 500 miles of all sorts of weather, plus a lot of regular wear.As with many warranties, its for the "usable lifetime of the product" which could mean a lot, but I guess otherwise they would go out of business replacing clothing thirty years down the road.

It is not a stiff collar so flops well but may be affected by poor laundry/folding techniques as it can turn up a bit but that may be due to the layer under it in this case.The double cuffs may not help in this area but I haven't noticed an issue. The Rab Nexus Pull-On breaths well and keeps me warm. Many days in Scotland I wore it almost morning to night as it helped keep warm in the 40s in the morning and breathed well into the 50s and even 60s (with some wind) in the afternoon. Warmth and breathability are offsetting characteristics, so I have lumped them together. The stretch thermic fleece with its raised oval grid inner pattern seems to help breathing. There is some sign of pilling from abrasion after 18 months of heavy use, but nothing that has affected the performance of the fleece to date. Of course, being fleece you still need an outer layer for wind and rain protection. This is a mid layer. It doesn't do everything, but what it does do it does well (neither version has thumb loops, which pleases me as I detest the things). A lightweight, Thermic™ G stretch fleece midlayer made with 100% recycled fabric, a full length zip and close-fitting collar. Offering superb mobility, breathability and temperature regulation, it's perfect for hiking, climbing and mountaineering.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment