276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sage The 3X Bluicer Pro, Juicer and Blender, Brushed Stainless Steel, SJB815BSS

£194.975£389.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Smoothness is a personal choice, so we've made sure to highlight the best juicers for smooth juice, and the best for those who like bits in their juice. Ease of use We assessed how easy each pulp container was to empty and how easy it was to handwash, using any supplied cleaning brushes when doing so. Ease of use: Although assembling the machines can be quite time-consuming, we noted how easy the instruction manuals were to use and the simplicity of each machine’s functionality once put together. We also made sure they weren’t too noisy for an everyday kitchen. The Sage Nutri Juicer Plus is definitely a pricey option. If you’re looking for a simple juicer that gets the job done, the Dualit Juice Extractor is almost as good at a more affordable price.

Best Juicers of 2023 for juicing fresh fruit and vegetables

Juicing six medium-sized carrots yielded an impressive 375ml, while the residual pulp was so dehydrated it had a powder-like quality. Four Granny Smith apples produced just under 300ml of juice. We found the best juicer machines to be a breeze to use, with wide chutes to put whole apples and oranges down.

The easiest way to extract every drop of flavour from your fruit and veg, with a fantastic end result every time

But the Froojie disc does add value, enabling the Nutri Juicer Plus to function as a blender/food processor to some extent. So if you’re keen to make delicious fruit purees for smoothies and desserts – or you simply want a machine that will look like the real professional deal in your kitchen – the Sage Nutri Juicer Plus won’t disappoint. Verdict More impressively, the Bluicer is surprisingly quiet. I was expecting an almighty roar as my fruit was blitzed into dust by the high-speed blades, but it was anything but ear piercing considering the force it exerts. In blender mode, the machine was a lot louder though not significantly more than rival machines. Due to the blending technique with a whipping disk rather than a grinder at the end of a chute, it’s best for making smoothies rather than juice. The blades can’t quite grind the fruit and veg small enough to liquidise the contents. According to Paul Hellawell at UK Juicers, it is a myth that centrifugal juicers destroy enzymes in the juice. “They just don’t extract as many as a cold press masticating juicer does,” Hellawell explains. “UK Juicers’ position is that masticating juicers are better. Centrifugal juicers do not destroy nutrients, but they also do ‘produce less nutritious juice’.” How do I clean my juicer?

Sage The 3X Bluicer Pro, Juicer and Blender, Brushed

Cleaning brush We found juicers that came with a cleaning brush were much easier to clean, as they can reach into nooks and crannies to remove small bits of pulp. There’s an added bonus in that it works as a pomegranate juicer as well. According to UK Juicers, a manual press is preferable than an electric one for the seedy red fruit, so if you like pomegranate juice (it’s delicious), this juicer comes highly recommended – although I found it to work better on smaller pomegranates. Pomegranate and orange juice was a revelation. At 8.4cm in diameter, the chute is wide enough for a whole apple or a small beetroot. The plunger is grooved and needs to be inserted into the feed chute at a specific position, but there’s helpful marking on the outside of the feed chute to offer guidance. The Sage Nutri Juicer Plus has a pleasant, substantial feel to it, without actually being too heavy. Its grey plastic details, pulp bin and plunger complement the round stainless-steel body and feed chute. The transparent lid and bowl let you observe the machine’s centrifugal process. We made orange and other fruit as well as vegetable juice in each juicer, weighing before and after so we could measure exactly how much juice was extracted.I also used the Vac Q during testing, which Sage claims make smoothies, sauces and milkshakes smoother, brighter and less frothy. When comparing it with a smoothie made without the Vac Q, there was a noticeable difference in texture and I did prefer the Vac Q one. If there was any colour difference between them, though, I couldn’t really tell. The Bluicer has a 1,500W motor and size-wise, it’s quite something to behold. It weighs 8.9kg and measures 276 x 530 x 528mm (WDH), meaning you certainly won’t want to move it often. Sage The 3X Bluicer Pro review: Price and competition

Sage (UK) - Breville the Nutri Juicer® Cold Plus | Sage (UK) - Breville

Non-slip feet Most juicers we tested have these. They are usually small rubber pads or suction cups that help to keep your juicer stable during use.

Slow compression juicer

By far the cheapest on this list, the Breville Blendactive is a great budget option for anyone wanting smoothies and milkshakes on the go. The containers which the contents are blended in double as sports bottles so you can whip them up in the morning and take them to work, the gym or just on general errands. I’ve found it to be a particularly effective way of getting in my five a day. After using the Froojie disc at the recommended setting ‘1’, the instructions suggest turning the speed up to ‘2’ to eject the final bits of fruit puree – this really does work and is helpful for cleaning purposes as well. Large feed chutes Some of the easiest juicers to use have extra-large feeding tubes that you can fit whole apples and oranges down. This saves time, as you don't have to pre-chop all your ingredients. Sage says the Bluicer uses “cold-spin” technology to prevent the blades, and in turn the juice, from heating up during juicing. This is something centrifugal juicers can suffer from due to the high speed of the blades. It’s difficult to tell exactly how effective this is but the juices I produced certainly didn’t taste warm. Blending was a doddle, too. Simply replace the juicing attachment with the blender jug, secure it in place with the metal arm and you’re good to go. The blender made easy work of vegetables like broccoli, carrots and kale and, while I did have to chop them, it was only into thirds or quarters.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment