276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer 40,000 - BOARDING PATROL: Space Marines

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What do you think of the savings and value in these two Boarding Patrol and the Warhammer 40k Arks of Omen Battleforce box sets? The Warmaster himself leads a squad of 10 Legionaries – complete with a Kill Team upgrade sprue that adds numerous options for Boarding Actions mayhem, like the sorcerous balefire tome and butchering heavy chainaxe – with 20 fanatical Chaos Cultists tagging along to flood the corridors as meatshields. Boarding Patrol: Tyranids Goonhammer’s Boarding Patrol Challenge has begun. Since I haven’t done 40K stuff in a long time, I volunteered to be the tour guide for people starting their Boarding Patrol and joining our challenge. So as the title suggests really. My brother and I will be starting to play some smaller boarding action lists, just to swap things up from our standard games.

Enter the New Season of Warhammer 40,000 With Two Boarding

The immediate difference between the Boarding Patrol and other Warhammer 40,000 Detachments is that nothing is compulsory,” Rich explains. “It’s perfectly viable to take no Troops or HQs whatsoever, allowing lists to lean into clear concepts like an all- Navy Breacher force, or take nothing but Khorne Berzerkers – the gentleman’s choice.”

I ground my two brain cells together hard to get here. A fighting force for my chapter that would reasonably insert into a space hulk. I’m going to spare you from my mountains of lore. The short version is that my homebrew chapter that I’ve worked on for eight years are the Iron Panthers. They’re Iron Hands in geneseed and Raven Guard in disposition. That sums it up. It’s honestly boring compared to some of the zany ideas out there. Ork and Chaos players are some of the finest repositories of themed armies because their factions are so flexible in the lore. They also don’t spend a lot of time winning, so Ork and Chaos players have to do something with that time and talent. I jest, but space marines done slightly differently are both the most milquetoast version of your guys, and the most time honored one. For this force, I wanted an HQ inclusion – a boarding assault warrants an experienced leader. I opted for Infiltrators as Troops. They’ll handle sabotage and scouting work. A squad of Veteran Intercessors modelled with boardhing shields is there to give cover and start parties. The Sternguard exist to anchor the force with potent ranged firepower, and the Eradicators are for melting bulkheads and heavy opposition. I got good use out of the Heavy Support exemption for Space Marines which allows us to take a single Heavy Support choice if they’re Hellblasters or Eradicators. A well-rounded, ranged oriented fighting force is what my precious Iron Panthers are all about. Loremasters meanwhile investigates the most degenerate of the Traitor Legions – the Emperor’s Children. This versatile box provides bodies, ballistics, and big-hitters for you to join the eternal quest to uncover archeotech and fragments of holy STC from the ancient Arks of Omen. Chaos Daemons have – appropriately, given the arrival of Angron – manifested as a huffing and slavering crash of Khornate nightmares. 10 Bloodletters and 10 Flesh Hounds are led by Khorne’s favourite hunter – Karanak, the Hound of Vengeance. In the cramped confines of a space hulk, these frenzied killers will close the distance between enemy guns with warp-flushed speed and savagery.

Space Marine Boarding Patrol Start Collecting Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Boarding Patrol

The Balefleet Battleforce is a contingent of corrupted warriors comprised of 10 Possessed, five Chaos Space Marine Terminators, and a Helldrake, all led by an infernal Daemon Prince. And on Friday, the Hang Out and Paint team will be live on the Warhammer Twitch channel showing us how to paint Strike Force Agastus. I don’t know if this would be a super effective army to be clear — but you’ve got some hammer units with the Terminators, Possessed, the Daemon Prince, and Abaddon. The Heldrake can cause problems. Plus you’ve got some boots for objective holding. It’s a start and needs to be refined for your playstyle but it can work.

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

Boarding Actions missions take place within the knotted insides of hulking void ships, where every corridor and room can hide a deadly threat. Build your own void ship to fight through with the Boarding Actions Terrain Set. This highly modular kit contains two double-sided gaming boards, as well as enough frames of terrain to make 68 individual pieces of Gallowdark terrain that you can configure in a wide range of combinations. Next steps for this one? I’d grab the Boarding Patrol box for the Chaos Space Marines and tact in those 630 points right off the bat. That will bring you up to 1375 + wargear. Plus, it will give you some much needed troop support. If you want to go up to a full 2000 point army you’ve got room to work with. Maybe a Land Raider to ferry your units and deliver a payload of Possessed to your enemy’s face?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment