276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Denon DHT-S416 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer, Bluetooth Sound Bar for Surround Sound System, Dolby Digital 5.1, Built-In Google Chromecast, HDMI ARC, Wall Mountable, Including HDMI Cable

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The DHT-S216 is capable of outputting 120W, which was more than enough to fill my average-sized games room. Sound quality does dip the closer you get to maximum volume, but I never felt the need to go that loud so it didn’t prove too much of an issue. Mind you, it’s quite easy to overcome this shortcoming: you simply don’t play the system at levels at which it’s not comfortable. The other issue is rather more difficult to deal with. As for surround and spatial effects, I heard disappointingly little of either. Relative to the Music mode, Movie made the sounds a little wider and a shade taller, but these effects were far from dramatic and nothing like the “bubble” of ambience the best Dolby Atmos soundbars can achieve.

Fortunately, it can be fixed, although not via level adjustments or by moving the sub around the room. I tried the latter technique to no avail. Nothing remedied the problem until I stuffed a couple of microfibre cleaning cloths into the bass reflex port at the rear. With this fix in place, the bass became much more controlled and manageable, even tuneful. Like most soundbars, the DHT-S217 includes a remote-learning feature that lets it “map” its remote’s commands to the keys of another controller – typically, your TV’s. Control-over-HDMI is also enabled, which will achieve the same purpose with most modern TVs without the “learning” process – most people will use this, since it means you'll have control of the soundbar from your TV's remote the moment it's plugged in. some of these web prices are cheaper than in-store, so please mention that you've seen these offers online) DTS Virtual:X is an audio technology that recreates surround sound without the need for multiple speakers. It does so by analysing audio signals and using psychoacoustic algorithms to simulate where they would be placed in a 3D space, which can include areas above and behind the listener.

UPGRADE TO PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY

There’s support for the Dolby Digital Decoding format but the DHT-S216’s biggest selling point is its inclusion of DTS Virtual: X, which can be activated while in Movie or Music mode. What is DTX Virtual:X and how does it work? HDMI with Audio Return Channel:Exceptional sound clarity through one single connection to your TV — plus, control the DHT-S416 with your TV’s remote. Very happy My first toe in the water with anything to do with soundboard or smart speakers etc. I wanted to improve the sound quality and especially the dialogue clarity from my flat screen tv. At the same time I wanted to be able to cast streamed music from Spotify and BBC sounds. The sound quality seems to be especially lush with music - probably due to the subwoofer. To my (untrained and pension-aged) ears the quality is as good as my 30 year old hifi - also Denon. I haven't yet established how much clearer the dialogue will be on the usual 'mumble mix' TV dramas and movies, but I'm hopeful.

There’s three EQ presets to choose from – Movie, Music, and Night – and the DHT-S416 has three Denon Dialogue Enhancer modes for improved clarity with speech from TV broadcasts. Denon’s Pure mode also aims to eliminate surround processing by removing any audio characteristics/artifacts for a cleaner sound. Prices valid in stores (all including VAT) until close of business on 28th November 2023. (Some of these web prices are cheaper than in-store, so please mention that you've seen these offers online.)Behind each grille on the top of the soundbar there’s a 66mm full-range driver, carefully angled to give it the best chance of reflecting sound from your ceiling for that overhead Dolby Atmos effect. In a few days of normal usage, we listened to a lot more music than we normally would – always a good sign – and found the most useful sound mode to be the dialogue enhancer, which gives three options for giving speech more clarity. It was really useful when watching TV, and some films. With over 100 years of firsts in audio technology, Japan’s first audio electronics manufacturer has an unrivalled reputation for audio quality. Fitted with two-way, stereo speakers and a punchy amplifier, the DHT-S416 delivers the smooth, detailed sound you’d expect from Denon.

The Movie, Night, and Music sound modes plus a Pure option that routes sound through completely unprocessed are selectable via the supplied small remote control, as are Volume and Bass up/down button pairs and direct input-select keys for each physical input plus Bluetooth wireless. The issue we had with trying that was only having the one input: without an HDMI splitter to bring in the other devices, it becomes an impractical way to set up the DHT-S216 unless lossless audio is that important to you.I wanted to simplify my master bedroom tv system and get away from having a reciever, center and side floor speakers taking up so much room. I was excited to see this Denon soundbar go on sale and went for it. I installed it today after removing all the pre-mentioned equipment and I am very impressed. I have a older Sony tv that does not have ARC, so it was required that both optical and hdmi cables be connected in unison to operate through my tv. The sound is fantastic for the size of the soundbar and set up, along with everything synching together, was immediate and without issue. I really like that the controller has 3 different settings to allow adjusting voice dialog while watching movies..it works great. My direct tv controller managed the volume and mute instantly after setup. The wireless subwoofer does very well producing a deep bass while watching movies. I think for the price that this Denon soundbar is a perfect choice for a bedroom environment where the space required for a sound system is not a option. It also comes with a Factory 2 Year Warranty thru Denon. The subwoofer and the soundbar wirelessly pair in an instant. If they don’t, they can be forced to, but in our experience they locate each other and form a connection immediately. And that’s your job done. There’s no room calibration, no fiddling with cross-over frequencies. As far as the Denon DHT-S517 is concerned, one size fits all.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment