276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Diary of a Secret Tory MP: (Almost!) True Stories from the Heart of British Politics

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A very funny satire from The Secret Tory, a spoof Twitter account, who may keep their identity hidden, but definitely has fantastic comedy chops. It’s got a lot more to do with the behaviour of the people sitting in Westminster, than my skills as a con artist. I inadvertently started parodying Mark Francois at the height of Brexit when I was bored between training clients in my gym,” Mr Morris said.

The Diary of a Secret Tory MP: (Almost!) True Stories from

The video revealing Morris’s identity features parodies of Michael Gove and Jacob Rees-Mogg, among other Conservative figures.The one objective is to destroy the Tories; amplify their ludicrous behaviour and turn it into comedy by making it grotesque. Its success likely hinges on the author's ability to present information in an engaging way and organize the vast array of facts cohesively.

Secret Tory? Identity of parody Twitter account Who is the Secret Tory? Identity of parody Twitter account

Quite a funny book, you need to go into it understanding it’s nothing but a comedy so therefore it’s quite light hearted and silly. I really hope there is a follow up to this book for 2023, as it didn’t tire and was a fun, easy listen. The blurb to the Secret Tory book reads: “From Brexit to Covid, parties to pig culling, the Conservative government has lurched from crisis to crisis. I look forward to the day when a Labour government at Westminster gets a similar treatment though that seems quite a while away. He told the BBC: ‘It took on a life of its own almost immediately, I remember people in the gym laughing about the account without knowing it was me, and it was very nice to have my hunch confirmed that I could make people laugh.Morris’s real Twitter account, which is locked, says he is ‘running 250km in the Cairngorms to highlight golden eagle persecution’. After teasing his upcoming reveal on Tuesday, Morris had the whole of Twitter guessing which MP he could be – and then he revealed his identity in a dramatic parody clip where (what else? Henry Morris, revealed that he has been running the parody account that has amassed nearly 200,000 followers since it started in 2019. If you’ve been keeping up with recent politics from the past 2-ish years and aren’t a fan of the current batch of tories, this book is really funny. Join the mystery MP as he drunk-texts Liz Truss after a crate of WKD, accompanies Jacob Rees-Mogg (and his kids) to picket a foodbank, takes on the French in the ‘Trawler Wars’, and euthanises Rishi Sunak’s dog – and that’s just October.

Secret Tory Twitter account is finally Person behind the Secret Tory Twitter account is finally

From Brexit to Covid, parties to pig culling, the Conservative government has lurched from crisis to crisis.As his personal training business grew, he was working at a gym with two friends who “were also reformed characters; they’d been in even more scrapes than I had when I was younger. Meanwhile Ellie was working on dance music shows for BBC Radio 1, and Morris “got to know loads of people in the music industry who had two or three pretty lame anecdotes about the time they did something wacky.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment