276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Thrown: SARA COX'S GLORIOUS FEELGOOD NOVEL

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

BBC Newsbeat Sara Cox to fill in for Fearne Cotton on Radio 1 show". BBC Newsbeat. 10 August 2012 . Retrieved 6 September 2012. The above is basically the story. It is somewhat predictable and mildly scattered with jokey female sexual references that are slightly on the cringeworthy side. There is no suspense at all, but then again it is not a thriller, so I am not sure which genre it would fall into. Maybe we could say it is inoffensive and definitely well researched as far as the pottery is concerned, but otherwise quite bland. In April 2015, it was announced that Cox would present The Great Pottery Throw Down for BBC Two. The first series began in November 2015 and the second in February 2017. [27] Oh my GOD, it's GORGEOUS. Funny, warm, all about people. Has the same generosity-of-spirit she does. You'll LOVE it!" - Marian Keyes

In March 2010, Cox went on maternity leave for the third time, leaving her show in the hands of the newest Radio 1 presenter, Matt Edmondson. [11] She returned to the station on 9 August 2010 to cover for Fearne Cotton for three weeks. Cox made a self-confessed unexpected return to the breakfast show on 2 and 3 September 2010, as she sat in for the unwell Chris Moyles. [12] On 17 February 2008, Cox presented her last show for six months before leaving for maternity leave to have her second child. Annie Mac presented the show during her absence until Cox's return in September 2008. Cox and Annie Mac both later covered for Jo Whiley who was on maternity leave between 29 September 2008 to 20 February 2009. [ citation needed] Following Whiley's return, Cox returned to weekends to present a Sunday mid-morning show, broadcasting between 10:00 and 13:00. The Telegraph values your comments but kindly requests all posts are on topic, constructive and respectful. Please review our The actual pottery kiln, the clay and the endless equipment needed is huge as the nervous potters-to-be begin their task. Their friendships begin to blossom as they learn, and draw upon the strengths of each other, and I did like the journey of the women as they followed the throwing, moulding and firing of their pots. It highlighted their joy and inspiration as they learned their new art. I have to say that the skill of potting was described really well (Cox hosted the TV programme The Great Pottery Throw Down) and, although I have never been a dab hand at it, I almost wanted to give it a go. “Sensitively done” I think this book was pretty much what I expected from Sara Cox - light hearted, humorous (but not lol) and easy to whizz through. However, it was also vacuous. The characters were boring and the plot predictable and although I’m sure some will enjoy the simple escapism and sweet story of women becoming friends through their pottery class, there just wasn’t enough to capture my attention.

Becky

In August 2012, it was announced that Cox, Gemma Cairney, Huw Stephens, Jameela Jamil, Alice Levine, and Annie Mac would cover Fearne Cotton's show on BBC Radio 1 weekdays from 10:00 to 12:45, whilst Cotton was on maternity leave, until Cotton's return in September 2013. [13] [14] After Cotton's return, Cox did various cover shows; her final show for Radio 1 was on 17 February 2014. [ citation needed] BBC Radio 2 [ edit ] In November 2006, Cox was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Bolton for contributions to broadcasting. [54] Filmography [ edit ] Year Celebrities' open letter to Scotland – full text and list of signatories | Politics". The Guardian. 7 August 2014 . Retrieved 26 August 2014.

Grocott, Matthew (17 May 2021). "Sara Cox replaces Rylan Clark Neal as UK Semi Final commentator". ESCBubble . Retrieved 1 June 2021. The plot centres around the lives of 4 women at various stages of life and the ups and downs they experience. They meet, united by the gorgeous pottery teacher, Sasha, at a new pottery course at the community centre. Jameela: all she’s ever done is work hard, and try her best. Why won’t life give her the one thing she wants? Hendry, Steve (29 September 2013). "Radio star Sara Cox dreamed of marrying George Michael.. now she can't wait to host new show celebrating the 80s". Daily Record . Retrieved 6 October 2013. It’s called Metronome. It’s quite different to what I go for but I really loved it. I thought it was by a woman because the female protagonist is so well written, but it’s by Tom Watson, an annoyingly young man. I loved Bonnie Garmus’s Lessons in Chemistry as well.There’s no doubt in any of those questions – not least since Cox spells out her intentions starkly at the start. When sexy Scot Sasha introduces his first pottery lesson, he compares the journey of clay from a moist lump to something beautiful with their personal transformations: they will go from strangers to friends, and solve all of their problems along the way. Cox won her first television show role in 1996, presenting the early "Girl Power" show The Girlie Show on Channel 4. [7] She later had stints on Channel 5 entertainment show Exclusive and Channel 4 music programme Born Sloppy. In 1997 Cox presented on the UK feed of MTV, hosting MTV Hot, a late-night music show. In 1998 Cox won her first film role in The Bitterest Pill. [8] [9] The inhabitants of the Inventor’s Housing Estate keep themselves to themselves. There are the friendly ‘Hellos’ when commutes coincide and the odd cheeky eye roll when the wine bottles clank in number 7’s wheelie bin, but it’s not exactly Ramsay Street. The story was getting increasingly ridiculous and was really resembling a soap opera more than a well-written novel, so that's why I've decided to finish off here. I won't leave a star review, because it doesn't seem right if I haven't even read to the end. The metaphor of pottery is perfect for Thrown. Not only do many characters find themselves thrown by events, but they themselves are like the items made in the community centre. Some are more perfect than others. Many have flaws. Some are broken and every single person is unique. What I found so successful too, is the fact that at the end of the book, not every single plot element is resolved; just like real life not everyone gets a happy ending or knows exactly what will happen next.

This story has Sara's voice ringing true throughout. A fresh, cheeky, insightful take on how change can happen through female friendships." - Dawn French In July 2007, Cox presented London Live on Channel 4, and appeared as a guest star on the Sky1 show Angela and Friends in November 2009 [20] and as guest presenter in January 2010. [21] Also in 2010, she appeared as a team captain on What Do Kids Know? along with Rufus Hound and Joe Swash on the Watch channel. [22]Nonsense.’ He frowned. ‘You can handle this – it’s a pottery class you’re organising not a military coup. It’s a positive thing, people will love it. They need something like this to bring them together a bit.’ He sat up – ‘I’d like,’ he said, slowly stroking his chin as if about to reveal an earth-shattering prophecy ‘to get this beauty into position before unwrapping her.’ Moore, Matthew (11 January 2018). "Women take over top shows in Radio 2 revamp". The Times . Retrieved 3 January 2022. Cox, Sara (7 March 2019). Sara Cox – Till the Cows Come Home – Hodder & Stoughton. Hodder & Stoughton. ISBN 9781473672710 . Retrieved 9 March 2019– via hodder.co.uk. The themes here are generally cuddly and inoffensive, whether it’s starting a new career later in life, cross-generational bonding, female solidarity, or learning to better understand and support your partner. But the method of delivery, with its predictable contrivances, suspicions and miscommunications, is soapier than a bubble bath, and about as somniferous. Thrown never ascends beyond the level of a potboiler.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment