276°
Posted 20 hours ago

All The Things That Could Go Wrong

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

His teachers haven’t got the time to truly understand and help him and because he’s quiet he doesn’t demand attention. Social relationships, school, bullying, personal struggles, and all of the expectations from the adults that we have to meet are several things that take up a massive portion during that period of our lives. If you are a bully and your best friend was also a bully, it does not take a "weird" (in their opinions, not mine) kid to stop the bullying.

Dan, the class bully, distraught over his older brother's absence due to a felony charge, frequently bubbles over in anger. I was at my last school for 4 years and we had ********* book fairs every term – and every term, I was disappointed by the narrow range of books.Especially since Dan is one of the main bullies of Alex, having this pressure on them only added to the intrigue. I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but it is rlly good since it switches point of view from Dan and Alex in every chapter, so u get to see what they think of the situation. Children can often be very black and white about bullying - this book will help teachers and parents explore with children the possible causes of a bully’s behaviour. If you are a teacher, please read it and share with your class -then I hope you can invite me to your school so we can all talk about it there. It was really good and I think boys and girls will like it because it's about friendship in the end.

Amongst the usual school trips, recitals and sports team announcements , I saw a section on mental health. The bullies are horrible and I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone, but it shows what must happen to some kids and that's awful.I had to get into the story a little, as it is very different from what I usually read, but it was such a moving story! His books have won multiple school and library awards and are recommended by Empathy Lab and Reading Well. The issue of bullying was covered brilliantly in ‘Wonder’ and it’s promoted discussion in many schools I’ve visited. Like most stories, there are two sides to this one and the narrative alternates between the viewpoints of teenagers Alex and Dan.

I occasionally wonder if US teenage fiction has a tendency to be a few strides ahead of UK teenage fiction in terms of how it handles difficult subjects in a really readable way. The two boys are forced to spend time together when their moms, who are friends, decide they could each use a friend.It was a completely heartbreaking book for the most part since it was difficult to read about Alex and his struggles with OCD and the bullying. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Does the book contain anything that teachers would wish to know about before recommending in class (strong language, sensitive topics etc. Dan bullies Alex because Dan hangs out with bullies at school, bullies who aren't really friends to him, either. The book could also open some important classroom discussions about the complexities of bullying and its effects.

The two main characters are well-rounded, but all of the rest fade into the background, which only adds to the didactic feel of this story. I have even talked the head into a little revamp of the library so that we can display them properly! Consequently, Dan’s aggression and annoyance is taken out on the vulnerable target in his year group: Alex. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item.

With chapters alternating between narrators Dan and Alex, we are given an intimate, inside view into the hearts and souls of these two boys. It's like all my problems are jumbled up in my head and my heart at the same time, but, every time I think of opening my mouth and telling someone, it;s like someone else takes over and shouts. The friendships in this book were raw; you can really see how much these characters cared for each other and their connection. Dan and Alex don't get on and Alex has funny things he can't do - like he can't step on bird poo otherwise he freaks out. I was lucky that a brilliant teacher spotted this and he helped me to confront the bullies and bring the boy's nightmare to an end.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment