276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Black Dots

£5.69£11.38Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Next, they placed their dots on their paper and drew their design. I showed them how to color their design and then glue the dots down with their glue sponges. C. Represent equivalent forms of the same number through the use of concrete objects, drawings, word names and symbols.

Five minutes into lesson: Prompt any students having difficulty coming up with ideas to look on board, or help them with ideas. Walk around to see how they are doing and give anyone who is done a marker to outline their drawing.If you would like to create your own class book, I am offering it as a freebie! I made it in two versions. The PDF is not editable so you would have to write in your class name, the Word document can be edited to add your name and the date to it. Assessment: Did students work cooperatively in their groups to identify, record, and communicate the various ways to use two numbers to equal the sum of 10? Collect students’ recording papers. If you are looking for more math books to read to your students, take a look at my Math Books blog post. I also have a post that will give you ideas for working on How to Practice Making Ten. Students will be able to identify patterns among the different sets of addends used to equal the sum of 10. As these emerging writers work/create, teachers circulate about the room adding student names along with short narratives from students about their work explaining what they chose to create and how the art piece achieves this goal.

What made you make a different picture than your friend? What did you use to make your picture different? Two of his works were runners-up, or Caldecott Honor Books, for the ALA's annual award for picture book illustration, the Caldecott Medal.

He graduated from Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art in New York City, and married another graduate, graphic artist Ann Jonas. Instruct them to use the pencil to draw a picture that uses some of the dots the way we have been talking about. (You can use all of them, but you don’t have to. Use as many as you would like for your picture.) When done, they can color drawing with markers.

Students are at tables communicating about the different combinations of two numbers needed to get the sum of 10. Students are using numerals to represent the different ways they have combined two numbers to equal 10 by recording each combination onto their recording papers. The teacher is moving around, asking questions, observing work, making suggestions, and guiding when needed. The groups will clean up their material according to the instructions. Creativity: to be original, expressive, to come up with new ideas and new ways of looking at something. Brief Book Summary (2-3 sentences in your own words): This book counts up to 10 and discusses what children can do with each number In art we call this using our creativity- coming up with new ideas or looking at the same shape or form and seeing it in many different ways. We are using our imagination to create images in our minds that we draw on paper.)

About me

I thought it was interesting that there were some rhyming elements to the book. I also liked how the words corresponded with the illustrations. However, I do agree with the one reviewer that this book is very simple and even non-logical at times. For example, when describing the number 2, the examples he used were fox eyes and then two separate keyholes as opposed to another thing that natural came with two. I put them together into a book so that students can look through it whenever they want! They love seeing themselves as authors and illustrators. This IWB Maths game works well as part of whole class teaching and learning or as a small adult-led guided group session. Children can write the addition calculation on small whiteboards or show the answer with their fingers. This game helps to consolidate children’s conceptual subitising skills and addition within ten. This game is designed in PowerPoint and therefore easily editable (24 slides in length and fully interactive).

Students will bring their recording papers and gather in front of the chalkboard. Ask each group how many different ways they used two numbers to get the sum of 10. Record each new way on the chalkboard. Provide illustrations if most groups did not find that particular way of obtaining the sum of 10. The class will discuss the various ways each group used to get the sum of 10 and encourage the students to find patterns among their examples (i.e., 3 and 7, 7 and 3). I found it interesting that these two reviewers had such different opinions of the book. While one found the book’s premise to be fun, vibrant, and interesting, the other thought it was contrived and unoriginal. Now this is interesting. Are these pictures the same? No?? But they are both on white paper and they both have the same number of dots? How come they are different? Why didn’t everyone make the exact same picture? I love to make class books and place them in our classroom library. Students feel like their work has a purpose. They see themselves as young authors! Love all their awesomely creative ideas: teddy bears, people, family at the movie theater, gardens!Supply sheets pre-printed with dots that can be used as eyes or other things with a little direction. Brainstorming: is when a group of people works together to think of solutions for a specific problem by creating a list of ideas from their imagination. Those same counters make fabulous tools for creating numbers in a writing tray. This can help strengthen fine motor skills as well as helping to practice writing the numbers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment