276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Green's Red Quick Jel Dessert Mix Sachet, 35g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Or you could just make my fruit custard tart which will give you much more room for filling. Serving and storage This kind of flan is popular in Germany and other parts of Europe. In Germany it’s known as Obsttorte or Obstboden. When is a flan not a flan? Once the fruit and jelly have been added, it’s best to eat this within a day or two as the longer it sits the more moisture will soak into the sponge. This kind of filled fruit flan is very different to the baked custard kind of flan that’s enjoyed in parts of South America, which is more like a French creme caramel. Having rediscovered my flan tin, I wondered what I should use to fill my tasty vanilla sponge flan case.

Because of the shape of a flan tin, it’s nigh on impossible to line it with baking paper. To ensure that your flan case turns out nicely, I recommend coating the inside of the tin with ‘cake release’. There are different kinds available, either as a spray or as a liquid that you brush on.

I was really pleased with this delectable strawberry cheesecake flan. It’s easy to make, can be prepared in advance, looks gorgeous, and tastes amazing! What more do you want from a recipe?! I doubt you would have enough left to freeze anyway. Since this is so light, you can serve up largish portions of this and still feel like it was a light dessert. I get anywhere between 6-8 serves from mine. To avoid an over-stuffed pantry, I make my own self-raising flour by adding baking powder to plain flour. either version works in this sponge flan recipe. The ingredients for this strawberry cheesecake flan are quite straightforward. The flan case is basically a simple, all-in-one sponge cake. The cheesecake filling is simply cream cheese sweetened with a little sugar and flavoured with a squeeze of lemon. Both employees and self-employed workers will pay less in National Insurance from next year, Chancellor Jeremy Hunt has announced in today's Autumn Statement.

Martin Lewis: What the Autumn Statement means for you – including wages, benefits, pensions, ISAs, housing, national insurance and more

Secondly, while mum might work in ounces, I actually grew up using grams so I’ve shown both measures in the recipe. Sadly, 2-55-55-1 doesn’t have quite the same ring to it, though. 🙂 To enhance the fruity flavours, I also added a layer of sweet strawberry jam underneath the ‘cheesecake’ layer. You can choose to leave this out if you like but it did make it extra delicious! Strawberry cheesecake flan – ingredients If you don’t have time to wait, you can simply fill your flan case with something simple and serve straightaway. Ideas for alternative fillings include:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment