276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Museum Board Game

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once the player has looked, the secretly write it in their notebook, then place a value token on that clue card. Nigel, C.: Design Thinking - Understanding How Designers Think and Work. Berg Publishers, Oxford (2011) Every time you play a Masterpiece to your museum, you gain a Prestige point- which, let’s face it, you’ll have earned for managing to steal a 481 foot pyramid out from underneath the Egyptian government’s noses. Prestige points are also awarded to you if another player decides to acquire an artefact from the continent pool on your turn, presenting another interesting dilemma; do you expand your collection and help your opponent on the way to victory or pace yourself and do nothing? Have you ever stood inside the cavernous halls of a great Museum– perhaps the grandiose prehistoric galleries of Natural History in London or the vast art collections of the New York Metropolitan- and there, amongst all the ancient treasures of civilizations swallowed by time, thought to yourself “How much have I paid to get in here and stare at pots? Pots, for god’s sake. I’ve got pots at home. If I ran a museum, let me tell you, things would be a damn sight better than this sorry debacle. Why, there’d be warships and chariots! There’d be an entire wall of katanas! Nobody would yell at you for riding the mammoth skeleton! By god, it would be the greatest assemblage of wonders that this world has ever seen!”?

Last but not least, the box includes two Strange Items. I felt I knew exactly what they were meant for the moment I saw these two items but it was still fun to use them. You Know My Methods, Watson Your goal is to create collections of some of History’s most iconic works of art. To do so, you will be acquiring Painting cards and exhibiting them into your Museum, represented by your player board, to create Collections. These Collection can be based either on the painting’s Period (ranging from the Renaissance period all the way to Impressionism), or its Domain (Historical, Landscape, Mythological…). The Collections you create will earn you Prestige points, and the player with the most Prestige at the end of the game wins.In terms of difficulty, The Mysterious Museum has been clearly designed to be on the easy side. Although is classified as 2 out of 5 for difficulty, this game is quite approachable and the story progresses in a much more linear way than usual. All these characteristics together make the Mysterium museum a good entry level for those who are looking to try one of these games for the first time. There are many details on the board worth noting. For example, the snake's body is divided by many grooves forming what most people assume are raised playing spaces. The hood and tail of the snake are hatched and the head features deep recessed eyes (possibly once inlaid with precious stones, which are now missing), and a forked tongue inlaid with red jasper. The larger part also shows the remnant of an appendage on the edge. This is a mysterious feature common to Mehen boards, although it can appear in various forms - other boards, for example, show a goose's head, a large trapezium section or a small turtle's head protrusion. What I also appreciated is how everything fits snugly in the box and there is no space wasted inside. I have seen too many games in recent times that bloat the size of the box and have far too much spare space. I suppose that goes hand in hand with the paper envelopes though, it’s nice for companies to have one eye on the future of the planet, especially when our hobby uses so much resources. Final Thoughts

Well, here’s your chance to put one over on those killjoy curators that frown upon your ambitions to switch clothes with the caveman waxworks right here in Museum, a 2 – 4 player set collection game from first-time designers Eric Dubus and Oliver Melison (both of whom followed this effort with Dominations: Road to Civilization). Set in the early twentieth century, you’ll be scouring the four corners of the globe for your own set of archaic marvels and displaying them in the most awe-inspiring arrangements you can think of, before reaping the sweet acclaim and inflated entry fees from the visiting general public. Please Unmount The Tyrannosaurus Exhibit To win the game you will need to have the largest amount of stolen loot, each with a dollar value when the time runs out. Once the board and cards have been set-up as instructed play will begin. Each player will “break into” the museum by placing their miniature on the edge of the board. The last person that stole something will then begin play. Madsen, K.M.: The gamified museum: a critical literature review and discussion of gamification in museums. In: Gamescope: The Potential for Gamification in Digital and Analogue Places (2018) I enjoyed Museum Suspects, yes I would have liked it to be a bit more deduction focused but it is a nice game to play with my kids and family. It may even be a good game to introduce people to the hobby. It’s cute, clean and very attractive. Museum Suspects’ set up, teardown and runtime are all perfect for this weight of game, it never outstays it’s welcome and is entertaining throughout. I am just not sure about how many more plays I will get out of it and if I do, it will be with the family or newcomers only. In this expansion, you and your friends can battle it out for public acclaim as well adding a 5th player to your games of Museum!

FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY GAME NIGHTS: players aged 10+ can immerse themselves in this cinematic, single-play experience. It's a mystery board game that'll draw everyone into a story they won't forget. Knerr, G.: Technology museums: new publics, new partners. Museum Int. 52, 8–13 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-0033.00279 Suggest a suspect: the active player must place one of their investigation tokens face down either on: one of the 16 suspect tiles, or on the emergency exit tile. In The People’s Choice, you’ll be competing for a common objective that is drawn at the beginning of the game. For example: The “B.C.” card awards players with the most BC dated cards in their museum. The player with the most cards takes the People’s Choice token and keeps it until another player amasses a bigger collection. This particular board, held in the Fitzwilliam Museum's collection, is the largest of only eight boards currently known from international collections. Measuring 44cm in diameter, it is made from limestone and was gifted to the Museum in 1943 by Major Robert (John) Gayer-Anderson. The board appears to have been broken into two parts, which have been glued together at an unknown point in the past, and comes with a stand. Detailed examination of the board confirms that the two parts were made independently, as observed by the discrepancies in surface colouration, the banding in the stone and a mismatching join, which is especially visible on the underside. The hatching and size of one portion of the board has clearly been crafted in a poor attempt to correspond with the other, perhaps by Gayer-Anderson for display purposes, although without further technical analyses it is difficult to determine which was the original piece, or when this occurred. The accompanying stand, or single foot, is most likely modern as it appears to have been turned on a lathe.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment