276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Curry Compendium: Misty Ricardo's Curry Kitchen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book is brilliant and I highly recommend this new curry book. 5 Big stars from me and a happy Hubby!!! I would highly advise reading the beginning of this book before diving straight into the individual recipes. I learnt a lot about base gravy and other things by doing so which I think made cooking the recipes easier and gave me some context as to why I was doing what I was doing. It’s also really interesting. In Curry Compendium, Richard Sayce expertly combines both volumes of his best-selling, Gourmand award-winning Indian Restaurant Curry at Home books, with a sprinkling of new recipes, to create the ultimate guide to cooking excellent British Indian Restaurant food in your own kitchen. The first chapter has so much useful information; don’t skip it to get to the recipes. There are tons of hints such as how to avoid a harsh tasting curry, an explanation of the spices and how to get the most out of them, and the fact that so often high heat is necessary. I would usually be tempted to turn the heat down when things get really bubbling. There is a section as well devoted to the equipment and correct temperature at which a curry dish should be prepared. These are explained in great detail in the first few chapters. I used to use my pressure cooker and occasionally my slow cooker to prepare curries, but I can see how that doesn't always work for some meats and vegetables - now that I've read this book. Some curries need to be cooked in smaller batches to maintain great flavour.

recipes, fully detailed and explained, covering starters, mains, sides, rice, accompaniments, and traditional Indian & streetfood.This would make an excellent gift this year for the family member that loves a good curry and would like to be able to create their own BIR-style curry at home (and save a fortune by not getting loads of takeaways). catering, and of course eating. A firm love of Indian food in both home and restaurant styles gives plenty of Introducing the definitive guide to recreating British Indian Restaurant favourites from the comfort of your own home! There are recipes for so many different kinds of curry with easy to follow directions; and the included QR codes direct you to YouTube videos where techniques are demonstrated visually.

Richard Sayce, the man behind Misty Ricardo’s Curry Kitchen and the Indian Cookbooks Indian Restaurant Curry at Home Volumes 1 & 2, and Curry Compendium, has many years experience in the world of Indian food. A love of curry from an early age motivated him to master the art of BIR (British Indian Restaurant) cooking and to share his passion with others. Now add a second 75ml of base gravy. Stir and scrape once then leave to fry for 30-45 seconds, or until the craters reform around the edges of the frying pan. To mouth-watering side dishes Saag Aloo, Panaar, Aloo Gobi to Pilau Rice, Lemon rice, Naan breads and how to make lovely onion salad and mint sauce to go with your meal. My very first memories of Indian food come from when I was around six years-old. Lying in bed, I could smell an amazing aroma of curry drifting upstairs. My parents would be enjoying a rare Indian takeaway. Salivating, I would sneak downstairs, complaining that I couldn’t sleep, and showing great interest in the foil containers laid out on the table, which had the most amazing magical colours and smells. I made Tomato and Chilli chutney last week and 1 jar has already been eaten it was delicious with cheese etc.Approx 100 recipes, fully detailed and explained, covering starters, mains, sides, rice, accompaniments, and traditional Indian & streetfood Curry Compendium contains all you need to create your own restaurant quality food at home in your kitchen. Start saving a fortune on takeaways!

This is by far the best curry cookbook out there. Anyone who wants to master good curries at home will consider this a “must have” cookbook. It will be used over and over and will keep curry lovers happy with new curries for months on end. Add 75ml of base gravy and stir into the sauce. Leave to cook on high heat with no further stirring until the sauce has reduced a little, and craters form again around the edges. Add the very finely chopped onions and cook for 60-90 seconds until the onions are translucent and showing signs of starting to brown. Add the ginger/garlic paste half way into that time. Stir frequently to stop the ginger/garlic paste burning. Fry for 20-30 seconds, adding a splash of base gravy to give the spices time to cook properly. Stir appropriately. WoW..............This new Book "Curry Compendium" by Richard Sayce was a breath of fresh air........ Everyone I know Loves a good take away curry whether it's a meat, fish or vegetable curry. So, this book was a great find for me especially as I love to learn how to cook a good curry from scratch - Plus, to know what ingredient that has been added and how it was prepared and cooked.

This is one of the most in-depth types of cooking I have ever tried to do, and when I succeeded I felt like the most successful person in the world, but when I struggled I wanted to give up cooking completely. Now, that’s not the fault of the cookbook – that is just the nature of the food being prepared. This book gives step by step instructions, with all of the measurements needed at the beginning of each recipe for ease of mise en place (“put everything in place” aka prep for those who don’t watch a ton of cooking shows like me), before starting cooking. However, the cookbook does have a few quirks that requires some getting used to – especially if you aren’t using this book a lot, or like me, you don’t use the metric system (darn you U.S. schools!).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment