276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Razer Naga Trinity - MOBA/MMO Wired Gaming Mouse (3 Interchangeable Side Plates, 16,000 DPI 5G Optical Sensor, Up to 19 Programmable Buttons, Mechanical Switches, RGB Chroma) Black

£49.995£99.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With the launch of BFA, we've updated all of our class guides to include leveling tips as well as recommended macros and addons for every spec. Here are several examples of great macros to use with your MMO gaming mouse: I was going to ask the same thing... I have a 2014 Naga that still works perfectly, and I use all twelve side buttons constantly. This thing gets a LOT of wear and tear and I've gotten more than my money's worth out of it. Retribution Paladin - Casting Blessing of Protection on your mouseover target: #showtooltip Blessing of Protection

During testing, I found that hitting 1-3 and 10-12 were pretty easy, as they occupy the outside edges of the thumbpad. The issue was in the 4-9 buttons. They're simply too close together, and the differentiation in angle isn't big enough to consistently hit the right button. The buttons are different heights, but the differences are so slight that it doesn’t matter. It's very easy to press the wrong buttons in the middle rows. Given the MMO moniker of the mouse, it's best to go to the source. I loaded up World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV to test the mouse out. By default, the 12 thumbpad buttons are all bound to corresponding number keys, with the 10 button being 0, and the 11 and 12 buttons being the minus and equal keys, respectively. This means the default setting has the standard MMO hotbar bound to the thumbpad. Where the Naga Trinity really shines, however, is its bevy of sensitivity options. You get five DPI speeds mapped to its pair of dedicated DPI buttons below the scroll wheel by default, ranging from 800 right up to its maximum of 16000 (although these can also be changed to whatever you like in Synapse's Performance tab), but if it's too much of a faff to reach them when you're playing a game, you can simply re-assign those functions to your side buttons instead.

Troubleshooting

In contrast, the Logitech G600 has what Logitech calls a "dual-dish" design, helping differentiation with “two carefully positioned sets of six buttons.” The Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB offers far more space between the buttons and an alternating texture pattern for each row. Both options add more variation, and Razer should be more willing to imitate some good ideas. And golly is there a lot of choice on offer. Not only can you create dozens of different profiles in Razer's Synapse software - I stopped trying to add more once I'd got to 30 (although it should be noted the mouse can only store five of them at once for use elsewhere where Synapse isn't installed) - but each button also has a myriad of different customisation options. Aesthetics aside, the Razer Naga Trinity is a fantastic mouse, even if it is missing some quality of life features. The 5G optical sensor on top of the utility that the genre-specific side buttons offer is a great value proposition for anyone who is looking for an MMO mouse. If I had paid money for the Logi, I would have been seriously pissed, but wouldn't have hesitated to go ahead and change the switches out (and the encoder if I'm already at it) anyway, as I'm not gonna bother with warranty with this kind of problem; you wait for weeks, and in the best case scenario, they'll put the same in it again. Synapse is where you set the CPI toggle’s 5 stored settings, which can range from 100 CPI to a large 18,000 CPI. There are also 3 polling rate options in Synapse:t 125, 500 and 1,000 Hz.

If you spend the bulk of your time with MOBAs and MMOs rather than shooters, the Razer Naga Trinity might be your next go-to mouse. Also equipped with a 16,000 CPI optical sensor with a 450 IPS rating, this mouse has three interchangeable side panels, each with a different number of buttons. If you need a general purpose mouse or want to play a game like Tetris Effect, pop on the side panel with two buttons. For more serious play, there is a second panel with six buttons, and a third and final panel with 12. I love playing with my Naga + some mouseover macros. Has done a bit for my hand pains, too. The intro of the Lefty Naga was a massive game-changer for me. Too bad they'll never make a Lefty Trinity, or a gamepad for the right hand. Because of wrist pain I have to use a vertical mouse, however no-one that makes gaming devices seems to make one. At all. My Razer Naga Molten is going into its 6/7th year and still going strong. Comment by Trich on 2018-08-17T03:39:32-05:00 The first step towards mastering an MMO gaming mouse is making sure you choose the right one. Whether you’re a competitive PvP player, a casual achievement hunter, or a Mythic raider, MMO players universally benefit from three things: more buttons, macros, and control. Through that desire the MMO gaming mouse was born, and while there are many to choose from, our favorite is the Razer Naga Trinity.

Welcome to Razer Insider

Since every WoW player customizes their action bars in their own unique ways, it'll take some time and tweaking to find a MMO mouse keybinding setup that works for you. The best thing you can do here is to bind every extra button you have and make adjustments to the ones you find yourself using least. These are some general guidelines to help you out: I have used a razer mouse since Lich dropped and it is amazing. I think in your case it could be just operator head space and timing! Comment by stym on 2018-08-16T22:01:07-05:00 The 5G optical sensor on its own offers a stunning maximum sensitivity of 16,000 counts-per-inch (CPI) which means that you’ll never need to worry about looking down at your mouse angrily in the middle of a raid because your mouse isn’t performing up to snuff. I havent had a problem ever with a Naga mouse but I take really good care of my accessories. As in I dont slam, throw them around, hit them etc. I get the feeling you people with ones breaking within 6 months cannot say the same.... There are two RGB lighting zones on the Naga X: on the scroll wheel and the 12-button thumbpad. Unlike many gaming mice, the logo by the palm does not have RGB.

There's a classic two-button option for everyday use, a MOBA-friendly seven-button side wheel with a small rubbery centre, and a calculator-style 12-button job for your MMOs, giving you a total of up to 19 buttons in all. Personally, I can barely remember what I had for dinner last night, let alone a dozen different configurations on the side of a mouse, so I tended to use either the two-button option or the seven-button wheel most often. The new opticals will probably last longer than the previous switches used by Razer, even by their nature, but if they fail, there are already replacement options on the market, albeit not too many as of yet (as you can't put mechanical switches to mice that use optical ones by default, so the technology needs more time to be more widely used to have more options on the aftermarket). Been using a Naga+Orbweaver combo for over 4 years and only now my Naga is starting to malfunction (wheel press and button '3' are not responding to light presses anymore). Although the side buttons are mechanical they sometimes fail to register button presses, due to their stiffness. However, that an issue you can get over you break the buttons in or get used to pressing them harder. Across its entire line of products, the Razer Synapse software is still a winner. Outside of some stiff competition from Logitech's G Hub, the Razer software suite is one of the best around.

How To

This allows you to start building muscle memory for each individual button press. Once you've trained your brain to recognize and press all of those buttons, it becomes second nature to use them accurately in stressful environments like duels or raids. Depending on the complexity of your mouse and your own familiarity with it, this process can take some time. But the end result is totally worth it. You've got your standard mouse, media and keyboard functions as well as recordable macro settings, but you can also use them to switch to specific profiles, personalised lighting configurations, launch programs, activate Windows shortcuts and even chunks of prewritten text, complete with special symbols and accented letters from your PC's character map. Even though it doesn’t feature the ability to fully customize the lighting on each zone of the mouse like some other high-end gaming mice, the Razer Naga Trinity does feature RGB lighting, and the little customization that it is capable of is intuitive enough through Razer’s Synapse software. Just don’t expect to be able to turn it into some multi-colored monstrosity if you’re into that kind of thing. I havent had a problem ever with a Naga mouse but I take really good care of my accessories. As in I dont slam, throw them around, hit them etc. I get the feeling you people with ones breaking within 6 months cannot say the same.... Comment by krakimata on 2018-08-16T22:31:28-05:00 Finally, on the bottom of the Naga X are three rather wide PTFE feet for smooth sliding on your surface of choice. Razer Naga X Gaming Performance

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment