276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Drill Doctor 750X Unit with 3-Pin UK Plug

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This might be the option for you if you’re concerned about the learning curve on an automatic drill sharpener but still want something to extend the life of your drill bits. The DrillDoctor DD500X can sharpen drill bits at either the 118-degree angle or 135. The ability to add a split-tip to 135-degree bits also makes them more useful for a wider variety of tasks. The bits are nearly impossible to photograph, but to show the difference in the points, only one of these bits wasn’t sharpened. The second from the left remained untouched, while the first bit on the left was sharpened to 135 degrees, and the right two to 118 degrees. The ability to control how much product you remove is important as well since removing too much at a time shortens the life of the bits as well. For those who use bits on a regular basis, this is a great way to extend the life of their bits and improve the quality of the holes they drill. As long as you can give the system the time to get the steps down right, you’ll be happy with the increase in performance in both your bits and your drill. Drill Doctor 750X Review Value

A family-owned company called Darex owns Drill Doctor. Darex specializes in sharpeners for bits, outdoor products, and kitchen knives. Drill Doctor themselves have been around for a while and are US based, including their manufacturing. There are a few versions of the Drill Doctor bit sharpener, and over the years they have continued to evolve and include even more features. Today, we will be looking at their current higher-end model, the 750X. Drill Doctor 750X Review Features The Drill Doctor is a unique tool, meant to really give bits a sharp, good as new finish. The ability to achieve a perfect angle without a whole lot of hassle is an impressive feat. With a wide range of materials that can be used with it and a huge range of bit sizes that it can accommodate, it is a huge asset to a busy shop. While there is a learning curve, it’s simple once you’ve gotten the process down. Breathing new life into bits makes them perform like new as well as taking strain off your drill. REVIEW OVERVIEW Adjustable material take-off: Allows the user to change the amount of material removed during sharpening to further extend the life of your bits One note on the video. We were going to show a third bit that we sharpened with the Drill Doctor, but Youtube only allows 10 minutes of play, so we had to cut that out. As you can see with the first bit we sharpened, it might as well have been broken. We took that bit to a grinder and made the bottom as flat as possible. There are two ports for sharpening, one for standard sharpening and one for use with split point bits.High-quality drill bits aren’t cheap. And once they become dull, they’re ineffective and more likely to “walk” around and damage your workpiece.

A 6-foot power cord provides a fair amount of reach to a power source. The motor is a magnet motor, providing consistent power even at high speeds or loads.Unfortunately, this option, for reverse direction drill bits, only goes up to ½ inch sizes, there are no ¾ inch options.

This article will look at two of the best drill bit sharpeners on the market, the Drill Doctor DD500X and the Drill Doctor DD750X. However, that investment can be worth it in a professional setting since you only need the one tool to sharpen any bladed tools you’re working with. The customizability of the DD750X also means that experienced craftsmen can experiment with different bit angles and points to create custom sets particular to their project needs.So although I thought I was getting a quality piece of equipment, it turned out to be nothing more than a quality piece of crap! Read full review I have heard that a good machinist should know how to sharpen a drill bit by hand, without a jig or fixture of any kind. That’s probably true, but I am a mostly self-taught home machinist with no one who can show me how to do it. I have tried it a few times but each attempt was a complete failure and I would have been better off continuing to use the dull bit. A 3-Year Warranty protects every Drill Doctor bit sharpener against defects due to workmanship or design; abrasives excluded. Warranty does not cover industrial or commercial use. There really is only one difference in terms of included features between the two models, the DD750X comes with a bag for transporting the tool from place to place. If you want a transport bag for the Drill Doctor DD500X you need to buy it separately.

However, the Drill Doctor DD750X has many more options than the DD500X’s two angles. It’s cutting wheel can be set at any angle between 115 degrees and 140 degrees, which allows you to use and sharpen non-standard bits.The first thing I would say about the Drill Doctor 750X is that there is a bit of a learning curve. There are a lot of instructions and steps, but once you get the hang of it it is rather intuitive. I played around with some very old and very cheap bits initially until I really got the hang of using the process. There is no doubt in my mind that Drill Bits were sharper after using the Drill Doctor. You can see the change in how well the bits drilled, the right holes being drilled just prior to sharpening and the left being just after. You can also expect that every DrillDoctor model will have a wide firm base to prevent the unit from shaking its way across the table while in use. The 100-grit option still needs replacement after approximately 200 uses, just like the finer 180-grit standard wheel. The greater flexibility of the DD750X makes it the clear winner in this category, although the DD500X is still a perfectly good option for anyone that doesn’t need custom angles. Bit Sizes

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment