276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PUMA Men Voyage Nitro Gore-Tex Running Shoes

£37.495£74.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The smooth, controlled ride that keeps just that little bit of firmness that I like in a shoe, the versatile and effective traction and the finally the very comfortable fit make for a nice shoe that will cover many uses, from running to walking, all with warm feet thanks to the GTX upper. Ideally suited for easy miles, the shoe won’t scream for speed due to its weight and how it runs but...who needs a fast shoe every day? It almost looks more like a lifestyle shoe than a running shoe. The shoe looks hefty, heavy, overbuilt...but once on foot, it reveals itself way lighter than it looks. Puma provides a nice chunk of curled up outsole for the toe cap to protect the front toe area, with extra plastic here around the toes on the uppers. There’s a lot to like about the build quality of the PUMA Fast-Trac Nitro. The only aspect I’d be concerned about would be the elastic pull tab on the heel. It doesn’t quite work as a pull tab and is quite stiff for elastic, which I feel may pull out over time if used often.

Puma | Voyage Nitro Womens Trail Running Shoes | Purple/Black Puma | Voyage Nitro Womens Trail Running Shoes | Purple/Black

But as miles piled up, the midsole started to reveal itself and proved to work very nicely. The way-too-soft Nitro Foam,which would be inadequate for a trail running shoe, is cradled in the firmer PFilte, which stabilizes the whole thing and creates a nice compromise. Note that this behavior of the outsole became more evident after the first run, where it felt way more rigid.

I have nothing special to say about the lacing, which is efficient and pressure-free thanks to a nicely padded “tongue” (actually, the part of the inner boot construction that serves as a tongue) and ensures a good foothold. With just a touch of engagement speed, I feel that the combination of the Nitro foam and the EVA carrier works much better and the midsole becomes smoother than at slower paces. And just like in the Puma Velocity Nitro which shares a similar construction, I appreciate that it is not mushy at all. This bit of very discrete firmness helps with stability and gives some energy to the ride. Mike P Ultimately this shoe doesn’t really work for me. The main issue is the toe box which I find excessively pointy and uncomfortable. There is plenty of width in the forefoot, but then it narrows to a point too sharply for me. This may be a non-issue for some with narrower feet, or those who like a snug fit up front. You will feel your toes pressed together - preference is up to you. I was hoping for a GTX multi-use shoe for the cold months ahead, but for that type of usage I would definitely want something that feels more comfortable. But Puma does have some very good pieces in here to make a good trail shoe, such as the Nitro/PFlite combo, PumaGrip outsole, and stable ride so I am looking forward to the considerably lighter non GTX version with its mono mesh upper. It just needs some streamlining, especially the upper as well as the outsole configuration. Plus - lose the tail! The Optifit loops on the midfoot look like a resurgence of Saucony’s ISOFit tech that disappeared some years ago - and I think for good reason: a good thought after upper is enough to ensure a nice foothold - and the bootie construction of the Puma Voyage clearly delivers in this aspect. Using loops instead of standard eyelets is usually a nice simple way to allow some foot adaptation to a shoe’s fit, but I think that linking them to a piece of fabric going underfoot is not a necessity, and the global efficient fit of the Voyage don’t really need this kind of artifact. Jacob : The Voyage Nitro GTX and the Endorphin Trail are in the same category with bouncy foam, max cushion, a rolling ride, high stability, and good road performance. Though it is lighter, the Endorphin Trail feels bulker. The fit of both is comfortable but the Endorphin Trail is higher volume and looser—it is less secure than the Voyage but would probably fit wider feet better. The Endorphin Trail is a fun shoe but I found the wet traction unacceptably bad. Combined with the less secure fit, the Endorphin Trail is a less performant shoe than the Voyage and I would prefer the Voyage for all uses.

Puma Voyage Nitro 2 GORE-TEX Mens Trail Running Shoes - Black Puma Voyage Nitro 2 GORE-TEX Mens Trail Running Shoes - Black

Jeremy: I must confess that it was far from love at first sight with the Voyage GTX. The turquoise colorway is quite bold, but not in a way that I like for running shoes. I don’t see this shoe as a racing shoe so many of my runs were steady endurance workouts where 80% of the run was a jog and the other 20% was hiking up steep terrain. I’d definitely feel comfortable wearing this shoe for marathon distance races or longer if the elevation change is minimal. Interesting fact: PUMA was the first sports shoe manufacturer in the 1960s to use vulcanisation and compression molding to bind the sole to the upper's structure. What it does is melt the sole material at 200 degrees, place it in a mould and then apply external pressure to fix the uppers. Prior to the discovery of this technology, shoes were usually fastened by mechanical means: nails, threads and screws. Vulcanisation made it possible to reduce the weight of the product and increase its reliability. At the end of the day, and after some miles, I find it has a pleasant fit, comfortable, despite staying a bit harsh underfoot due to the full coverage, not decoupled outsole. Durability is one of the main features of the Voyage NITRO 3s. They were made to withstand trails and all types of weather, including the winter elements.Substantially lighter than the previous version, Puma dropped the weight of the Voyage NITRO from 10.8 oz to 9.6 oz in the most recent model. Weight was a major complaint of reviewers in the 2nd edition so it’s refreshing to see Puma improve in this area.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment