276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fujifilm X-M1 Camera - Black (16.3MP, 16-50mm Lens Kit) 3 inch LCD

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Smaller, lighter and less expensive than the X-E1, the X-M1 dispenses with any kind of viewfinder, either optical or electronic, and it doesn't accept a hotshoe mounted viewfinder either, making image composition a hold-at-arms length affair. While this is perhaps inevitable given the significant decrease in size and weight, and is in-line with the X-M1's main competitors, it does feel rather strange using a Fujifilm X camera that you can't hold up to your eye, especially when Fujifilm have made such a big play of their innovative viewfinder technologies. The Fuji X-Trans sensor is capable of excellent image quality at ISO levels all the way to ISO 12800. To date, I have not seen a camera that can render such beautiful, noise-free JPEG images – I am simply amazed by how good the JPEG output of the Fuji X-M1 is. Fuji definitely knows how to apply noise reduction on JPEG images. However, the same cannot be said about its RAW files – as you can see from the above crops, the RAW output looks quite disappointing in comparison, with plenty of visible noise at higher ISO levels. Size-wise, the X-M1 is smaller than both the X-E1 and the X-Pro1. Take a look at the following comparison: NIKON D3S @ 50mm, ISO 400, 1/100, f/4.0

There are 9 ISO settings available on the Fujifilm X-M1 for JPEGs, and 6 for RAW files. Here are some 100% crops which show the noise levels for each ISO setting for both JPEG and RAW files. JPEG Zpracování osobních údajů je prováděno Správcem, osobní údaje však pro něj mohou zpracovávat i tito zpracovatelé:

Další funkce

The Fujifilm Finepix X-M1 offers 13 different filter effects which can be previewed on the LCD screen. vyžádat si u nás přístup k těmto údajům a tyto nechat aktualizovat nebo opravit, popřípadě požadovat omezení zpracování, In fact, where my Nikon D800E with the Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G suffered in AF accuracy, the Fuji cameras did not! Now I am not here to say that the AF system on Fuji mirrorless cameras is better than on DSLRs because it is clearly not. Autofocus speed is still pretty slow in comparison. However, seems like contrast-detect has its own advantages in low-light situations. Here is an image that was shot with the X-M1 in a very dark environment outdoors: X-M1 + Touit 2.8/12 @ 12mm, ISO 2000, 1/50, f/4.0

The X-M1 uses the same 16.3 megapixel X-Trans CMOS sensor found in Fujifilm's other X system cameras. That's good news, since this sensor has drawn praise from DPReview and photographers alike.

The Fujifilm X-M1 mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera was released on June 24, 2013 together with the Fujinon XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS lens. After the success of the X series cameras including the X100, X-Pro1 and X-E1, Fuji decided to expand the line of interchangeable lens mirrorless cameras by introducing a more affordable mid-range version, the X-M1. While the X-Pro1 and X-E1 are targeted at professionals, enthusiasts and serious amateurs, the X-M1 is designed to attract a broader audience. The app can also use the smartphone’s GPS radio to geotag photos. Rather than keeping a log, the app and camera must be synchronised manually each time you want to update the GPS position. Still, once we figured out what to do, it worked well with our Android phone. ISO 800 clearly adds more noise to the image (especially in the shadows), as can be seen from the sample crop above. High ISO Performance (ISO 1600-6400) – RAW All of the sample images in this review were taken using the 16 megapixel Fine JPEG setting, which gives an average image size of around 5Mb.

Boosting ISO to 12800 results in more noise and much more aggressive noise reduction by the camera. Noise is apparent in the shadows (although noise reduction makes it look a little “muddy”) and more artifacts are visible throughout the image. Still, ISO 12800 is very usable in my opinion, especially when down-sampled. ISO 25600, on the other hand, looks too muddy and washed for my taste. ISO Performance at low ISOs (ISO 100-800) – RAW The Fuji X-M1 is a pretty fast camera that can shoot at 5.6 frames per second, which is just a tad slower than what the X-E1 and the X-Pro1 can do. The good news is that when the camera is shot in burst mode, the memory card write process does not freeze the camera as it did before on the initial firmware releases on the X-Pro1. If you want fast writes, make sure to get a really fast SD card. I used some 45 MB/sec class 10 SD cards and there was definitely noticeable difference between those and SanDisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/sec cards. When shooting in bursts, Fine JPEG images will shoot approximately 14-16 images before the buffer gets full. It then takes approximately 10 seconds for the buffer to clear out and memory writes to complete. If you shoot in RAW, the buffer will fill up at about 12-14 images and takes good 20+ seconds to clear out. These numbers are based on approximate calculations using the fastest SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC 95 MB/sec cards. Slower cards will take even longer to empty the camera buffer. X-M1 + XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS @ 17.5mm, ISO 200, 1/1, f/22.0 Also, I know that some people complain about framing through the LCD during daytime conditions when it is very bright. I have used the X-M1 during my landscape workshop when it was very sunny and also used it for other projects outdoors and I can tell you that the LCD is very bright, so there are really no concerns there. The biggest thing you need to be comfortable with is looking at the LCD for framing / composing shots. The good news is, in situations where I did need to use the LCD (such as photographing people on the dance floor during a wedding), I loved the ability to tilt the screen. So the tilt screen is definitely a very useful feature and the 3″ display with 920K dots makes images appear very crisp and beautiful. I would love to see Fuji implement a tilt screen in addition to a high-resolution EVF in the future versions of their higher-end X series cameras, similar to what my Olympus OM-D E-M5 offers.Exposure is accurate in most cases, with occasional overexposure and clipped highlights (the latter can be reduced by using the DR Correction feature). Fuji cameras are well known for their very vivid colors, and the X-M1 carries on that tradition. One thing we did notice is that areas of high frequency green detail can be a bit smudged, possibly due to the X-Trans color filter. Auto, Custom, Fine, Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Natural White), Fluorescent (White), Incandescent, Shade požadovat po nás výmaz těchto osobních údajů - výmaz Správce provede, pokud tento výmaz není vrozporu správními předpisy nebo jeho oprávněnými zájmy,

Bottom image: 1) Lens, 2) Sensor, 3) Natural random arrangement of the fine grains of silver halide in film. x 1080 30p, Continuous recording: up to approx. 14 min./1280 x 720 30p, Continuous recording: up to approx. 27 min. Here is an illustration of a traditional bayer pattern color filter array compared to the new Fuji color filter array: To make the camera less obtrusive there's a clever Silent menu option which turns off the speaker, flash, AF-assist lamp and most importantly the artificially-created shutter-release sound, instantly making the X-M1 perfectly suited to more candid photography.Thankfully, the X-M1 came pretty much free of all the nasty autofocus issues that plagued the X-Pro1 and X-E1 cameras. My copy of the X-M1 came with the original 1.0 version of the firmware and I have yet to see any serious AF problems. The camera autofocuses as fast as my X-E1 and its autofocus accuracy feels to be the same as well. Lola and I have shot a few weddings with the X-series cameras (including the X-M1) and the cameras did not experience any issues with autofocus performance, even in challenging low-light conditions indoors. The Fuji X-M1 comes with a built-in WiFi antenna, the first in X-series line of cameras. While it is great that you can save your pictures to your computer, upload images to your smartphone/tablet, look through the images on the camera or even Geotag your images, there is no way to control the camera through Fuji’s provided camera app. That’s very unfortunate because I expected this feature to be available when I first heard of the WiFi capabilities of the camera. As a result, I did not play much with the WiFi features of this camera or the app. It seems like all modern digital cameras are coming out with movie recording options and the Fuji X-M1 is not an exception. It can record either 720p or 1080p high-definition video at 24 fps with stereo sound and offers some control of exposure before recording (not during). You can choose the desired aperture, adjust exposure compensation and a few other camera settings, but you cannot adjust the shutter speed and ISO – those are chosen automatically by the camera based on the camera meter reading. Unlike the X-E1, there is no input for an external microphone on this camera. Fuji announced a pair of lenses at the same time as the X-M1. One is a standard zoom that will be sold as a kit with the X-M1, while the other is a pancake prime. Let's take a closer look at each: New kit zoom - XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment