276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Meta Quest 2 Elite Strap With Battery

£46.725£93.45Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Quest 2 case (right) is bigger than the original Oculus Quest case (left) even though the Quest is smaller, because the Elite Strap makes it bigger. Oh well. Scott Stein/CNET

Oculus Quest 2 Elite Strap With Battery and Carrying Case Oculus Quest 2 Elite Strap With Battery and Carrying Case

It definitely makes Quest 2 a much more expensive proposition overall, so you might want to buy the headset first and see what mileage you get out of it but, if you’re already committed to standalone VR gaming, the Oculus Quest 2 Elite Battery Strap is a great add-on. So, how long do you get? Well, if you remember, I said the standard Quest 2 battery lasted me two and a half hours playing The Room VR from full to flat during my testing. With the Elite Battery Strap, I played Until You Fall and a few other titles for about three hours before the battery unit was depleted. But then I still had 75% reserve charge left on the headset itself for another two hours of play. So, all-in-all, we’re talking roughly doubling your maximum playtime with the Quest 2 Elite Battery Strap. Keep in mind that more passive apps like media viewers will drain the battery slower, too. Quasi un anno di attesa dal lancio di attesa, ma ne è valsa la pena! Questo accessorio era letteralmente introvabile.. L'avevo ordinato insieme al Quest al lancio nell'autunno 2020, è arrivato in estate 2021, ma debbo dire che è un accessorio che per chi, come me, usa spesso e per "molto tempo" l'oculus, è decisamente fondamentale. Spieghiamo perchè:

How we picked

For those who aren’t fans of ABS plastic headset frames, Deskteks elite strap is a material and velcro design. Whilst this is a more breathable option, fitness users of Oculus Quest 2 may find the headset unsuitable for hygiene reasons. This is mostly due to the head straps absorbing sweat rather than resisting it for a user to sanitize after use.

Oculus Quest 2 Elite Battery Strap teardown and repair. Oculus Quest 2 Elite Battery Strap teardown and repair.

Point being that, if comfort is your primary concern, you might see better and cheaper alternatives in the future. I still say that halo strap designs — seen on the PSVR and Rift S — are the most comfortable VR designs, placing weight on your forehead rather than your face. None of Facebook’s comfort options do this and I’ll be first-in-line to try out any mods that do. Because the Elite Strap fastens the headset so firmly, you will want to choose a new face cover, assuming you don't already have one. A simple silicone cover will help keep your face cool (and more sanitary) compared to the default foam. But armed with that, you'll feel snug and safe using your headset compared to before. The added weight included in the Elite Battery Strap (319g compared to the Elite Straps’ 173g) also comes with an appreciated side-effect. The heavier strap offers a nice counterbalance to the front of the Quest 2, helping to alleviate the pressure on your face just a little more than even what’s seen in the normal Elite Strap. The result is the most comfortable of all the accessories Facebook offers for Quest 2. META QUEST IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE https://www.oculus.com/quest-2/removable-facial-interface-alert.

Three accessories in one bundle

Is Facebook’s most expensive Quest 2 strap also its best? Find out in our Oculus Quest 2 Elite Battery Strap review! There seems to be an interesting correlation with people that have faulty Elite straps that do not have a serial number underneath the left strap or at the bottom of the box it came in. Here is what mine has underneath the left and right strap.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment