276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DeadEndia: The Watcher's Test

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Some of the key modifications include the setting, which changed from Winslow's Wonderland to Pollywood.

DeadEndia: The Broken Halo by Hamish Steele, Paperback DeadEndia: The Broken Halo by Hamish Steele, Paperback

One comic by Brenda Amerind is an unexpectedly sad comic set after season one whose title would provide spoilers. I could read it fast but felt like I was missing a lot and not understanding the characters’ choices. Having been in Norma's situation before where you confess a crush to a friend, only for that friend to reject you because they're straight, I felt every sharp edge and comforting moment of this arc viscerally. They each have their own charm and I love the combo of mystery, adventure, spookiness, and humor, and of course the queer characters. Norma is reluctant to try to leave the shows, as she prefers being with the Pauline as a character she loved instead of what she is in real life.Readability: ★★☆☆☆, It is very jumpy because of all of the different POVs, timeskips and sudden big character changes that feel unnatural. While he's dominating in the ring, the cash quickly goes to Barney's head, threatening his relationship with Logan.

DeadEndia: The Complete Season One by Hamish Steele | Goodreads DeadEndia: The Complete Season One by Hamish Steele | Goodreads

I used to want to educate them, but every day seeing the absolute worst bigotry trend worldwide makes it clear they’re not interesting in learning. Joining their adventures are Pugsley, a pug possessed by a demon king and Courtney, the guardian of the elevator to the 13 Planes of Existence! It's always a treasure when the plot revolves around the inter-character conflicts and the mistakes they all make along the way. In January 2023, he revealed that the series was pitched to Netflix in 2019, and that the series wasn't a "word-for-word adaptation" of the comics he had written. Had the pleasure of meeting Hamish in Richmond during Free Comic Book Day a few short years ago and he's as likeable as his excellent graphic novels such as this and the also excellent Pantheon.

He stated that all the scripts were reviewed by GLAAD and said he couldn't wait for people to know Barney. In August 2021, Steele noted the importance of trans representation in the series, hoped it took a stance against transphobia in the UK, and noted there are "multiple trans cast and crew". It was so incredibly sweet to see how Badyah supported her and saved her multiple times while Norma grappled with both her ghost problem and her growing feelings.

DeadEndia: Divine Order Cover: Exclusive Hamish Steele Reveals DeadEndia: Divine Order Cover: Exclusive

I’d prepared myself for the worst, having had bad experiences trying to push for queer representation in other shows I’d developed, but it was a breeze. Volume 2 of DEADENDIA features all the characters we've come to know and love/hate: Barney, Norma, Courtney, Badyah, Logan, Fingers, Kushiel, and Tartarus. The Broken Halo simultaneously mends issues I had with the first edition while also exacerbating on issues that I had with the first one. I thought the show actually handled this better, as by separating them, it gave more time to Barney's relationship with his family and the impact his trans identity had on that.If you liked Pauline (who voiced what was undoubtedly the best line in the video: “I need to own this booty, or this booty is going to own me”) then you’ll be delighted to know that she is in the background of several panels of the first issue and has a small scene well into the book. Shortly after starting at his new job, Barney secretly moves in the Haunted House attraction with his dog, Pugsley.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment