276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Master of Djinn: 1 (Dead Djinn Universe)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A Master of Djinn has all the tricky twists I want in a police procedural and all the djinns, magic and wonder I want from fantasy. He had founded the Brotherhood back in 1898, tasked with uncovering the wisdom of al-Jahiz—the disappeared Soudanese mystic who had forever changed the world. Between tactile metal fingers, each automaton held white gloves, black robes, and a matching black tarboosh with a gold tassel. With snowy hair and bold patrician features, the head of the Worthington Company seemed to fit his role as elder priest of their esoteric fraternity. Edward Pennington was there, one of the most senior men in the company and a true believer, though half-senile.

A Master of Read the First Two Chapters From P. Djèlí Clark’s A Master of

I Work Alone: Fatma prefers to work alone, which is why she's unpleasantly surprised to learn the Ministry has assigned her Hadia as a partner. Clark constantly finds new ways to challenge the concept of magic and what it means for the human residents of Cairo. Though I’ve done this before, since it has (again) been a minute, this post is gonna recount the road that brought me here. The natives here often joked of Englishmen too stubborn to heed cautions of keeping out of the punishing midday sun, until they toppled over from heat exhaustion.

In the eternal style of the buddy-flick, she’s also assigned a new partner, the enthusiastic rookie Hadia. Gamal’s companion, who sat beside him, stopped chewing his nails long enough to mutter, “Let’s be done with it, okay? Enchanted maassel was a banned substance: a slapdash of sorcery and alchemical compounds that mimicked a drug.

The best recent science fiction, horror and fantasy – review

Clark evokes the messiness and complexity of (a version of) Cairo city, a society in constant flux, one that’s still grap­pling with what the last 40 years of progress mean. Due to this, she also gets mistaken for a handsome young man repeatedly, indicating her style makes her look bifauxnen.Set in the same world as The Haunting of Tram Car 015, it follows Agent Fatma as she’s on a big case–that of the British aristocrat and a number of his guests being viciously murdered.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment