276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Right Move (Windy City Series Book 2)

£7.5£15.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Before I get in deep about why I think this didn’t work for me, I have something to say: I love heroes like Ryan. He’s the reason why it pains me that I couldn’t get into the book, no matter how hard I tried. He’s the reason why I kept reading even if I was feeling nothing. We need more heroes like him in romance. i can’t believe i’m saying this but heroes are not everything. Ryan pampered Indy in the greatest way imaginable by teaching her the importance of putting herself first and demonstrating his belief in her. Indy knows Ryan for the man he is, not just the NBA star about whom so many people are curious.

Ryan,” she warns behind that sparkling smile. And how does she speak so clearly behind her teeth? She should be a damn ventriloquist. “You’re not going to burst into flames from touching a woman. Put your goddamn arm around me.” Also Indy’s character was one I resonate with SO MUCH. I love how her vulnerabilities and emotions were presented in this book. She wore her heart on her sleeve and had the most genuinely pure soul. I adore her and resonate with her always doing the most for everyone else without realizing she never puts herself first. That was until she met Ryan, of course :). There is only one catch, and that is the fact that being false can come out as being too realistic. He learned ASL so he could talk to the her dad and tell him he loved his daughter without needing translation.Cold coffee waiting for me in the fridge. Fresh flowers, though sometimes dead because he tried to hard to keep them alive, sitting on the kitchen island for me at home after every road trip, making sure I have food I can eat.” We met Ryan, Stevie's twin, in the previous story we saw him as confident, focused, driven on success and refusing to allow anything to distract him from his goal of getting the team to the playoffs, maybe securing a championship.. even Stevie's super gorgeous, colorful, incredibly extroverted bestie and coworker, Indy. Doesn't matter that the previous two meet ups between the two of them were memorable and horrifying in equal measure, Ryan doesn't want anything to take his mind off the goal. The tropes in this book are actually top tier nothing beats it: roommates, fake dating, best friend’s brother, and sport romance. Sorry but like ?? What can possibly top all of those tropes at once. Even though they both had their own insecurities from the past they were willing to learn how to communicate and show each other love. They were true soulmates. The way Ryan learned to communicate with her family to show her he loved her.

Absolutely loved the dynamics and friendships in the book! And witnessing how Rayan tried to be a better captain; working on his trust issues and the recluse persona he painted himself with years ago. It was tightly related to the sequelae that came with his previous dating life. Funny ‘cause at the begging Indigo was as convinced as him that she would never fall in love again. That was so ironic because the two of them thought they were so different as one a ray of sunshine with a tendency to be messy and the other a permanent grumpy maniac. Yet, they were dealing with the same issues and it was one of the major parts that made them a perfect match, meant to be. Both understood the traumas and bagages that came with their pasts, and never judged them for it. Overall, I’d say that this book was very much a lesson in what to expect from a man IRL or otherwise. Every single little action of his was so telling that he was a great person. Don’t get me wrong, Indy was equally amazing, but well, since I’m a woman living in a society in which men like this are practically non existent, I did focus my attention on how great the hero is. Liz Tomforde literally served a basketball romance that’s best friends brother trope turned roommateso, basically this follows indy (h), she gets cheated on by her longtime boyfriend. devastated and heartbroken, she has nowhere to go so her bestie stevie, who is the twin sister of ryan (H), begs him to let him house her in his apartment for a while. at first he’s like pfft no bitch because a) she had a very bad impression on him the last time they crossed paths and b) he loves being alone and the last thing he’d want is to have a roommate. however, since he also loves his sister to death, he eventually agrees. little did they know, though, how everything would change from there on🤭 What I don’t like is the new flight attendant on our team’s private plane. She works for me, not the other way around. But I’ll be sure to remind her of that, and I can guarantee, by the end of the season, she’ll be begging to quit her job.

when i tell you this man is so fine. so scrumdiddlyumptious. one of the best, genuine heroes ive read in such a long time. When I was named the new Captain of the Devils, an NBA team based in Chicago, the last thing I needed was for Indy Ivers, my sister’s best friend, to move into my apartment. I had just taken over leadership of the Devils. She is a hot mess, prone to crying, and immensely captivating all at the same time. Having a fake girlfriend wasn’t supposed to be messy but having Indy under my roof and in my bed is complicated, especially when she wants all the romantic parts of life that I could never give her. The little attentions, the awareness of every single shifts in the mood, learning about each other and building a tight friendship based on trust and a mutual respect and being reconnaissent and grateful for earning it just put the growing romance to an other level.😭 Don’t hate on my books. You could learn a thing or two from them. And they’re much more entertaining than your shelves of masochism.” I LOVE HER SO MUCH PLEASEthe plot: Ryan is Stevie's twin brother and Indy is her former coworker and best friend. Indy's longtime boyfriend cheats on her in Mile High, and she has nowhere to turn. in this book Stevie begs Ryan to let Indy move in with him since he lives alone. He doesn't agree at first but eventually does because he would do anything for his twin sister (my fav sibling duo <3)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment