276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hedgerow Medicine: Harvest and Make your own Herbal Remedies

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Julie Bruton-Seal is a practising medical herbalist, iridologist and natural healer, and brings her own experience and case histories to this book. She qualified at the Selfheal School, under Dr Jill Davies and Christopher Hobbs, and is a Council member of the Association of Master Herbalists (AMH) and editor of its quarterly magazine, Nature's Path. Julie is one of the founding organisers of HerbFest, an annual gathering celebrating healing plants and herbal medicine. She is also an artist, photographer, film-maker and writer, and has worked as a graphic designer. She co-authored the vegetarian cookbook Vegetarian Masterpieces (1988, reprinted 8 times) and contributed to a weekly newspaper column on vegetarian cooking while living in the US. She illustrated the children's book When Elephant was King (David Bateman Books, 1996). Her photographs have been widely published in books and magazines, including National Geographic, and she has worked as a wildlife illustrator and artist for many years, holding a number of exhibitions. She has lived in several countries, and is the daughter of renowned wildlife film-makers Des and Jen Bartlett, with whom she won an Emmy in 1993 for Survivors of the Skeleton Coast. Enjoy listening to the stories and tales of folklore and history surrounding the plants and herbal medicine. Occasionally there may be insufficient numbers of students to allow a training day to proceed, and if this happens the following procedure will take place: The 'hands-on' approach aims to increase your confidence in and knowledge of the use of herbs for healing. You will make at least 3 herbal preparations and take away ideas for many more. Julie and Matthew have written six books together, all published by Merlin Unwin Books: Hedgerow Medicine (2008), Kitchen Medicine (2010), Make Your Own Aphrodisiacs (2012), The Herbalist’s Bible (2014), Wayside Medicine (2017) and Eat your Weeds! (2022). All have been published in North America (sometimes under different titles).

Understand how to use some of these plants in first aid and how to use some plants for making medicines. A practical 2 day workshop making teas, decoctions, infused oils, ointments, creams and other remedies.It is a richly illustrated guide to the wonderful healing mysteries of the common plants we may overlook when admiring our carefully cultivated garden roses, lilac or rhododendron blooms … Having read this book I find I walk in the countryside with new eyes and a far keener sense of observation, nibbling leaves and gathering seeds as I go.

The National Institute of Medical Herbalists are delighted to be proud supporters of the scheme, and we are committed to encouraging and supporting medical herbalists to run a Junior Herbalist Club in their area, giving children nationwide the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills that will benefit themselves and others for a lifetime. I was told about this book regarding a remedy for cystitis: couch grass (which worked in 2 days). I can't recommend this book enough. It’s the best book I have found. Very easy to follow, pictures, how to use the plants etc. I have been out nearly every day finding the plants. A must-have if you are serious in using natural plants for healing. ***Correctly identify many of the common medicinal plants growing in their gardens, parks, hedgerows and streets and that they will be able to distinguish between poisonous and non-poisonous plants. I don’t often say this about the books I review, but this book is without question one you simply must have!

What a lovely day! Thanks so much for sharing it with us all. I am going home to distill yarrow now! (2022)Julie is a qualified naturopathic herbalist, craniosacral practitioner, iridologist and natural healer. She graduated from the Selfheal School, under Dr Jill Davies and Christopher Hobbs, in 2000, and is a Fellow of the Association of Master Herbalists (AMH). She was editor of the quarterly magazine, Nature’s Path, now The Herbalist, and was also one of the founding organisers of HerbFest, an annual gathering celebrating healing plants and herbal medicine. Here you can access helpful cataloguesearches, where we've completed some of the first steps to get you started in your searching.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment