276°
Posted 20 hours ago

POLDR 8x21 Small Compact Lightweight Binoculars Adults Kids Bird Watching Traveling Sightseeing.Mini Pocket Folding Binoculars Concert Theater Opera

£14.5£29.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Here it is all about ease of carrying and portability. Thes binoculars work best in good light and are ideal for uses like hiking, camping, taking to outdoor sporting events, walking safaris, etc. These are for a Christmas present but I’ve had a sneaky look through them myself and they seem great. I looked down the garden and could see the spots on the ladybirds painted on my bird feeders out on the tree! That was amazing. Anyway, I hope my son likes them. Really small so can be taken and used anywhere. When separated into monoculars, two users can benefit from the additional light-gathering power over the human eye, making it easier to spot more stars and celestial objects. However, this is a rather expensive option for buying low-power instruments — you'd be better off buying two decent pairs of binoculars instead. Although they may not be a top recommendation, we've included these binoculars for their cleverness and novelty factor.

Image quality is much better than I expected too so these binoculars are an all round winner. Of course, if you do a side by side comparison with some exotic Leica or Zeiss, you will see a difference but my priority is size and weight. Anything over 250g would not make it out the door. The binoculars in front of me are and 8x42. Searching for the extremes in front of me, I found 6x21 and 25x150 and wondered what do they mean and why are these numbers important? A good coating is important for binoculars with small objective lenses because it can allow them to filter the same amount of light as larger objective lenses. Furthermore, the coating on a magnification device can be highly reactive, resulting in a multi-layer coating. The magnification and lens size can be seen in the numbers shown above. The amount of light that can be filtered through a pair of binoculars determines its luminosity. A 10×50 binocular with a luminosity of 25 (50/10 = 52) is a good example. When viewed in low-light conditions, twilight factors can be used to determine how effective a viewing experience is. This is calculated by multiplying the magnification by two and dividing the aperture by its magnification. Indeed, for most uses, 8x or 10x is ideal and going any higher has many detrimental effects that will seriously hamper your viewing experience. The rubber covering the diopter adjustment was caught under the metal ring, this tore trying to free it.Compared to other models on this list, the Celestron UpClose G2 doesn't have the most advanced specs. It has partially multi-coated lenses (not fully coated) and BK-7 glass roof prisms (instead of the preferred BaK-4 glass). However, they are reasonably priced and include a limited lifetime guarantee for added peace of mind.

The functionality of the focusing wheel is also pleasing. The grooves in its design, combined with the ability to make minute movements, enable targets to be brought into focus with ease for sharper, clearer views. Should you buy the Nikon Aculon T02 8x21 binocular? The main purpose of binoculars is to allow you to see a distance object more clearly by making them look larger as if you were seeing them from much closer. My “8x” binocular makes the object I am looking at appear eight times larger than it would if I look at it with just my eyes (unaided).If you're having a hard time deciding between the easier-to-hold 8x magnification and the more detailed 10x magnification for closer views, especially when observing the moon and planets, there's a middle ground — 9x magnification. It combines many advantages of both options. The optical system offered small, yet beautiful, views of star fields, planets and the moon. (Image credit: Gemma Lavender) Although they are not the lightest on the market, weighing in at 12.9 oz (345 g), they feel more substantial and less toy-like than others. You'd be hard-pressed to find something more compact. The RCX range is an upgraded version of the Visionary CXv2 with higher quality multicoated optics and rubber armoured body.

It is best to go for the largest lens diameter you can get. Bigger lenses mean more light-gathering power and thus better views for you. Compact binoculars tend to have objectives in the 20-25 mm range. However, it is worth noting that even the largest of these will collect only a quarter as much light as a pair of conventional 50 mm binoculars. We don't recommend compact binoculars with a zoom feature, as this is simply asking too much of the smaller objective lenses on this type of instrument. Prism type The advantage of the reverse Porro prism is that allows the Papilio binoculars the welcome ability to focus on subjects as close as 50cm, thus making them useful for enlarging detail on museum visits, not just viewing subjects from afar. Although this model is undeniably versatile, it does come with a set of compromises. For a start, each tube has to be focused independently, which soon becomes tedious. Even though they only give a 4x magnification in binocular mode, they have a wide field of view. The two measures, magnification, and size of objective lenses relate to the field of view. Field of view is how wide an area is encompassed in the image seen through the binocular. This can get very technical and if you are interested, read BBR’s complete guide to the exit pupil.

We are fascinated by nature. We love the excitement of observing a spectacular moment, crystal clear and in perfect detail. These 10x binoculars perform better than their 8x counterpart due to their better twilight factor — 15.8 instead of 13.0 for better low-light results. Read more below Popping them out of their box, we admired the smooth, lightweight build: A true delight to hold. A sleek, ergonomic design offers a comfortable grip and, as the rain battered the windows outside, curtailing our observations for the night, we took to sweeping the binoculars around the room. Weighing in at a very light and compact 6.9 oz (195 grams), our arms didn’t tire as we peered out of the window at a street light, dazzling with an orange light that came out crisp and clear in the field of view of the Aculon T02 8x21. This means that for your hobby or subject, it's worth thinking about what the best combination of magnification of objective lens size will work for you.

I actually bought these for my grandson, ever since he saw whales through my binoculars he wanted a pair. Saw the review on these and glad I got them. They are awesome, great for young ones who will treat them with respect. VERY happy, thanks heaps.. Robbie You wear glasses:The eye relief on these binos isn't the best, so if you wear glasses, there are better options. A compact pair of binoculars normally means a modest magnification married to an equally modest objective lens size, yet here we get a practical and efficient 8x magnification wedded to a relatively generous 32mm. Where light gathering and low light performance is critical, like astronomy, for example, binoculars can have very large 100mm lenses or even more in some cases.If price isn't a concern and you want the best optical quality on the market to date, then these pair of Swarovski CL Companion 8x30 compact binoculars are just the thing to let you observe wildlife from as close to 3 meters all the way up to 132 meters with crystal clear vision. Focusing is neat and smooth, and the binoculars remain steadfast in focus. (Image credit: Gemma Lavender) What’s more, if you’re looking for a binocular that’s stylishly unique, then the Nikon Aculon T02 8x21 — in our opinion — wins hands down, as this model comes in a selection of colors: Red, blue and white. The Nikon Aculon T02 8x21 comes equipped with a carrying case and eyepiece covers. It’s worth noting though, that the case wasn’t supplied with the test unit that we received from Nikon. Together these numbers inform you how much larger an object will appear through the binoculars, and how bright the image is seen will appear relative to the amount of light available. You can also have too much of a good thing with the binoculars supplying your eyes with more light than they need.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment