276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bones Reds Precision Skate Bearings

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Andale Swiss skateboard bearings are no match compared to the Bones Swiss but they are still a solid bearing that will last you a good amount of time. Plus they are reasonably priced. Howdy! Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully this review finds you well and helps you with your bearing choices. At the time of writing this i have been riding on and maintaining a set of Bones REDS Big Balls for about a 4 months in a few different skates and skating styles and wanted to share my experiences, and what I like and dislike. Hopefully these thoughts will help you determine if these are the next set of bearings for you.

So what makes these the best skateboard bearings? Well, Bones Swiss Ceramic bearings are made with ceramic balls that are much lighter, harder, and stronger than steel balls meaning they will last a lot longer than other bearings in the game. As you can tell by their name, they are made in Switzerland and not China like many other bearings. The only thing negative to say about Bones Bearings is today’s price. But wait! It is high because the Swiss have to charge this much to make money, and we have to pass our increased cost along to you. This puts Bones Swiss out of reach for many skaters and so Georg Powell has been searching for a bearing that approaches the performance of the legendary Swiss at a lower price – Hello Bone REDS™! Bones Swiss are the most popular Swiss bearings in the Bones range for many pro-skaters due to their high quality but more affordable price tag. Bones Swiss are fast, smooth, and last a long time. They also use the same high performance components that are used in Bones Swiss Ceramics but with polished chromium steel balls instead of ceramic. Bones Reds are manufactured in China to our Bones Skate Rated specifications in a manufacturing facility dedicated to producing the highest quality skate bearings in China. They are inspected twice before being shipped to skaters and offer the greatest combination of performance, durability and low cost in the industry. Because they offer near Bones Swiss performance at a fraction of the cost, they have become the best selling bearing brand in the U.S.A.Skate Bearings are a standard size which will fit all wheels including Skateboards, Scooters, Inlines, Quad Skates, etc.Bones bearings are not ABEC rated they are SKATE rated - This means they are specifically designed and suited to be used with Skate and other action sport equipment.

During this time the bearings went through a lot: winter, humidity, dusty spots & uneven terrain on my cruiser. Nevertheless, the BIG BALLS bearings continue to spin perfectly and I haven’t cleaned them once. Since I hardly ever jump big gaps or stair sets, heavy impacts are nothing I deal with very often. Nevertheless, the durability of the BIG BALLS convinced me through and through. Bones was started by George Powell who in the early 1980’s wanted to find a bearing manufacturer who could make high quality bearings for skateboarder’s at an affordable price. Since then, Bones has stayed at the top of their game and Bones Swiss Ceramic are the best skateboarding bearings money can buy. Even Bones lower end bearings are super high quality. During the manufacturing, the team changed from a standard stamped metal ball retainer to a high-speed precision moulded plastic one that could be removed by skaters to allow better cleaning of the bearing. And as a second major feature, the Bones crew replaced the usual lubricant with a special one they called Bones Speed Cream™. Bones Bearings are without question one of the most popular skateboard bearings. Compared to the conventional REDS bearings from Bones, the BIG BALLS bearings are said to have some advantages. We tested the Bones BIG BALLS!

Although Bones Reds are the cheapest bearings on this list, they are more than likely the most popular with skateboarders. Most skaters have had a set of Reds at some point in their life and there is a good reason for that. Bones Reds are proven to to be tough and long lasting with their super finished chromium steel balls and races. All I can say is you can’t go wrong with Bones Reds. A groove on the inside of each bearings inner race eliminates weight and allows insertion and removal of the bearing using the Bones Bearing Tool, even on hub wheels Go w these, don't get em wet, keep the shield on em, clean n lube once in a while, and they will last for years.ABEC stands for Annular Bearing Engineers Committee and comes in grades 1,3,5,7 and 9. The higher the rating the tighter the tolerances are which make the bearing a more precision part. Skaters have made the Bones REDS family of bearings their #1 choice because of the consistent quality, speed, durability, and value. Bronson Speed Co G3’s are becoming a popular bearing because professional skateboarders’ Zion Right and Milton Matinez both have G3 pro-models. These bearings must be tough if these guys are using them and you will understand why I say this if you have ever seen them skate. Skate Rated clearances, tolerances, materials and lubricant provide the best performance and durability possible Bones Swiss Ceramics are literally the best of the best when it comes to skateboard bearings! If you are looking for the highest quality and performance then these bearings are for you. The bad news is they come with a hefty price tag.

These bearings are tested and approved by Paul Rodriquez himself so you know they must be okay! The racers are made of quality steel and the shields are removable to allow for cleaning. See the features listed below.

Before testing the BIG BALLS, I had the Super REDS from Bones on my skateboard. I immediately noticed that the BIG BALLS are much louder than the Super REDS. Apart from that, I didn’t notice any major differences in performance. I was very satisfied with both types of bearings and can recommend them without hesitation. Other than that, the BIG BALLS are manufactured with the same precision as the REDS. Like all bearings from Bones, the BIG BALLS are “Skate Rated”, do not have an ABEC specification and are pre-lubed with Bones Speed Cream. Due to their many years of experience with skateboard bearings, Bones Bearings have a considerable range of bearings in their assortment. The Bones BIG BALLS are a mixture of the Bones Super Swiss 6 and the popular Bones REDS Bearings. I have not tried them on my street setup yet but for my DIY park board with Bones Rough Rider wheels and my bowl board with G Bones they are awesome. I made a board setup video on my youtube channel using these bearings and most of the comments to that video were about the bearings. High precision and small tolerances are required for bearings that run at an extremely high RPM such as in certain tools that spin at 30,000 RPM. An ABEC bearing rating of 7 or 9 is more appropriate for tools that have a high RPM. A skateboard wheel will rarely spin at 4700 RPM and ninety percent of the time it spins less than 2000 RPM. This means a high precision bearing rating of 7 or 9 for a skateboard bearing is not required.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment