276°
Posted 20 hours ago

It Happened One Summer: A Novel: 1 (Bellinger Sisters, 1)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Piper Bellinger is fashionable, influential, and her reputation as a wild child means the paparazzi are constantly on her heels. When too much champagne and an out-of-control rooftop party lands Piper in the slammer, her stepfather decides enough is enough. So he cuts her off, and sends Piper and her sister to learn some responsibility running their late father’s dive bar… in Washington. When too much champagne and an out-of-control rooftop party lands Piper in the slammer, her stepfather decides enough is enough. So he cuts her off, and sends Piper and her sister to learn some responsibility running their late father’s dive bar... in Washington. Brendan was really sweet as well. I liked how he was working on making her fall in love with him even when she kept promising him nothing serious. Another thing is the sibling relationship between Piper and Hannah, it was definitely the highlight of the book. I loved how these two were always there for each other. No he does not pine after his dead wife, thank lord. His actions are more out of obligation than emotion In the follow-up to It Happened One Summer, Tessa Bailey delivers another deliciously fun rom-com about a former player who accidentally falls for his best friend while trying to help her land a different man…

I've been sitting with my thoughts on It Happened One Summer for a few days now because I loved it so much, I wasn't in the mood to explain why. ( Do you ever feel that pressure as a reviewer? Like sometimes you just don't want to justify your enjoyment...you just want to sit in a pleasant bubble of swoony comfort and joy as long as you can? Or is that just me? 😍) We are excited to be continuing our journey into wonderful romantic comedy adaptations,” said BCDF’s Dal Farra. Two talented chess players challenge each other on and off the board in bestselling author Hazelwood’s YA debut.

It Happened One Summer also highlights the phoniness of social media and the significance of love and family. Moving to Westport, being financially cut off, and connecting with Brendan make Piper question her extravagant lifestyle. It gets her to think about what she truly wants (and deserves), and to learn live in the real world. You can see Piper changing herself along the way and develop into a more wonderful person.

Every single thing he’d done for her, the way i got choked up with their relationship, that certain scene with Abe and then the boat and then the panic WHEEEEEW. Sexy, charming, widowed captain Brendan acts judgmental around her, thinking he’s dealing with a spoiled brat who will run after spending one night at that dilapidated apartment comes with rats as roommates. She didn’t even know which part of her was in command. Her head, her heart, her lady business. Or maybe they all three were, three bitches hitting the switches of her control panel.” This is officially the best contemporary romance I've read this year! And if you happened to dislike this, or find it 'just average,' I simply couldn't trust you because It Happened One Summer is upright a perfection. The story is very heartfelt and entertaining, I cried and laughed at how diverting this book has been.As seen on E!Online, PopSugar, CNN, EliteDaily, Vulture, Buzzfeed, Bustle, the Nerd Daily, PARADE, LA Magazine, Country Living, USA Today, and more! Piper hasn’t even been in Westport for five minutes when she meets big, bearded sea captain Brendan, who thinks she won’t last a week outside of Beverly Hills. So what if Piper can’t do math, and the idea of sleeping in a shabby apartment with bunk beds gives her hives. How bad could it really be? She’s determined to show her stepfather—and the hot, grumpy local—that she’s more than a pretty face.

Listen. I really badly wanted to like this. I started out this book super annoyed with Piper and slowly began to root for her. I enjoyed seeing her discover who she is beyond social media, develop friendships in Westport that weren't reliant on her social capital, learn the value of money and hard work, and revive her father's legacy. As soon as they arrive the town they feel like they move into a strange territory. Piper walks into the bar in her trendy clothes, cheerful, vivid attitude, she feels like she’s been transported to a different planet.she got a choice: Quit and prove all the assholes they were right about her worthlessness or..... finally find something deeper than the shallow, surface level life she has been living.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment