276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Egen Cellink EXT 7+ Dash Cam Battery Expansion Pack by EGEN (WARNING: This is an Expansion Pack Only and Requires Connection to NEO 6, NEO 9 or NEO 9+)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With a dual-channel dash cam like the DR900X-2CH Plus, it will still allow for a respectable 19 hours.

The Thinkware iVolt Mini has been discontinued and is no longer available, please see the new iVolt Xtra model instead *** If hardwiring, it is highly recommended hardwiring is performed by a qualified electrician and a suitable circuit that loses power when the engine is OFF must be used. If a continuous circuit is used, the B-130X will continue to charge while the engine is OFF and could deplete your car battery requiring a jump start.As a protection against overheating, the device will stop charging if the battery’s temperature approaches or exceeds 80°C / 176°F. Most proper Parking Mode Dash Cams record only when motion is detected so the battery life/recording time is even longer. TBH a ready to run lipo like that i would assume it have some form of BMS build in, if not the charger should have that, and i assume this also go for temperature and not just balancing like a lipo charger for flashlight or RC batteries ( though a few do have a temp probe )

from your car’s battery. Your Thinkware dash cam will automatically switch to Parking Mode to monitor your parkedThe iVolt Mini requires a direct connection to an accessory-switched 12v DC power source, ideally the vehicle fuse I hope this thread is not too old. I am testing a "pre-dash cam" setup along these lines but only using a mobile modem which consumes 1-3w (average say around 30wh per day) as a test bed for "parking mode", and am finding some problems with a 24/7 setup. I'm trying to avoid the battery swap thing.

Extended recording times - NEO 5 is capable of powering a standard single channel dash cam for over 22 hours of constant recording (dash cam model dependant). In real-world situations where the dash cam is only recording periodically, when motion or impact is detected, the operation time can be measured in days rather than hours The simplest option is a hard-wiring kit that has some sort of low-voltage cutoff, so the car’s battery won’t accidentally get drained by your dash cam. A hard-wiring kit is a perfectly good, and inexpensive, solution. is built to last and is manufactured using high quality anodised aluminium and powered by state-of-the-art LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) battery technology, developed to withstand extreme temperatures, go through more charge cycles, and be kinder to the environment than a traditional Lithium-ion battery.

Extra Capacity: BlackVue B-124E

Also, you should never charge it when you are using it to power your dash cam. Power banks are not built to handle that kind of load. You will need to bring the power bank inside at the end of the day, let it rest for some time, and allow it to stabilize at room temperature. Then charge it using the designated charger. Extended battery life: the NEO 5 independently powers a dash cam in parking Mode without the need to ever draw power directly from the vehicle's battery Thinkware say that a 2-channel dash cam will run 27 hours on a full charge in Motion Detection Parking Mode, and up to 40 days in Thinkware’s Radar Assisted Parking Mode. This is a parking mode unique to the Thinkware U1000 and U3000 models, which are the only dash cams that support radar. Caution — a relatively large number of users have complained that this battery will degrade / lose capacity, or outright stop working, after a number of months.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment