276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THE CORONATION BOOK OF KING GEORGE VI AND QUEEN ELIZABETH

£54.49£108.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Admission card to the Royal Family’s Box in Westminster Abbey for the Coronation of King George IV on 19 July 1821. The card has been signed by the Deputy Earl Marshal, Lord Howard of Effingham. The Goudhurst Coronation Book - A record of Celebrations in Goudhurst and Kilndown (Kent) on May 12th, 1937 . . The Coronation of Their Majesties King George VI, and Queen Elizabeth

Coronation Book King George Queen - AbeBooks

The Portrait Book of Qur Kings and Queens 1066-1911, Done In Commemoration Of The Coronation Of Their Majesties King George V & Queen Mary: With Supplementary Notes On The Ceremony Ziegler, Philip (1990). King Edward VIII: The Official Biography. London: Collins. ISBN 978-0-00-215741-4. Coronation of their majesties King George VI and Queen Elizabeth: Official souvenir programme of coronation celebrations to be held at Middlesbrough, Wednesday to Saturday, 12th to 15th May, 1937Programme of Festivities to be held in Cassiobury Park to Celebrate the Coronation of Their Majesties King George Sixth & Queen Elizabeth May 12th 1937 The BBC and CBC jointly transmitted the proclamation of George VI. In the lead up to the Coronation, the BBC organised talks by Ministers to be broadcast under the name Responsibilities of Empire, and also broadcast The Empire's Homage featuring messages from colonial officers and citizens from across the Empire. [62] The BBC's Empire Service broadcast the whole service, lasting two-and-a-half hours. [63] Television [ edit ] I was brought home from Switzerland once more and my mother took me to a rehearsal at the Abbey at which a thousand people were present. The next day there was another rehearsal, and then a garden party for seven thousand on a perfect summer day, with lots of overseas guests, who had come for the Coronation, many wearing colourful national dress. We all went to a ball at Hampton Court, and the next day I had to go with my uncle Gloucester to London Airport to meet yet more distinguished guests. Lady Elizabeth Ivy Percy (1916–2008), daughter of the Duke of Northumberland; she later became the Duchess of Hamilton.

Coronations and the Royal Archives | The Royal Family

Despite a number of hitches, described above, the coronation ran relatively smoothly. It has been somewhat overshadowed in history by the larger Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953; the Abbey's sacrist, Jocelyn Perkins, said that the 1953 event was "out and away the most impressive" of the 1953, 1937 and 1911 coronations. [56] Nonetheless, a number of those present, the King included, commented privately on the spirituality of the ceremony. Despite recalling it as being "inordinately long" and remembering how heavy the crown and robes were, the Queen said that it was "wonderful and there is a great sense of offering oneself". [57] The King wrote to Lang thanking him for his support and, although he said it was an "ordeal", he also wrote that "I felt I was being helped all the time by Someone Else as you said I would". [58] Media coverage [ edit ] The front cover of the coronation edition of the Radio Times with a depiction of a commentator's vantage point by C. R. W. Nevinson. Radio [ edit ] The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Sweden, the King's fourth cousin (also widower of the King's first cousin once removed) and the King's second cousin (representing his father, the King of Sweden) King George IV was the last Sovereign to include the Royal Herbstrewer in his Coronation procession, as King William IV did not include the role in his austere Coronation of 1831.About Heathrow Airport: Heathrow's history, LHR Airports, archived from the original on 3 October 2013 , retrieved 9 March 2015 The Ceremonies to Be Observed at the Royal Coronation of Their Most Excellent Majesties King George the Sixth and Queen Elizabeth in the Abbey Church of Westminster on Wednesday, the 12th day of May 1 The first to arrive in procession were the royalty and foreign representatives; they arrived ten minutes after departing the palace. The royal members were led in by two officers of arms—the Bluemantle Pursuivant ( R.P. Graham-Vivian) and the Portcullis Pursuivant ( A.R. Wagner)—followed by two Gentleman Ushers (Captain Humphrey Lloyd and Colonel Vivian Gabriel), and were led to their seats in the royal gallery. [22]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment