276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moonage Daydream – A Brett Morgen Film

£30.895£61.79Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I liked “Moonage Daydream.” I liked “Ziggy” as well and “Hang Onto Yourself.” But “Moonage Daydream”, I think, had a lot of feel. I think it had more feel on-stage than it did on the album. When we used to do it on-stage it used to be fantastic. It really used to get the kids going. That would start the kids off. When they wanted to go – we would do that number about four before the end. and that would lift the audience up . I think the audience liked to hear it live. Every night you knew that “Moonage Daydream” was going to be the one that really lifted them. Then we’d go and follow on from there to the end. My records were selling and I was being a man in demand … Then my friend came to mind, standing the way we stood in Bewlay Brothers and I wrote “Moonage Daydream.” The film is coming to cinemas next month and apparently uses never-before-seen footage, performances and music to create a “ feature length experiential cinematic odyssey [that] explores David Bowie’s creative, musical and spiritual journey”. I’m seeing it in a couple of weeks and will tell you if any of that is true! These technologies are used for things like personalised ads, to limit how many times you see an ad, to understand usage via Google Analytics, to understand how you got to our web properties, to ensure that we understand the audience and can provide relevant ads

Moonage Daydream 3-disc vinyl out now — David Bowie

Moonage Daydream” initially failed to chart when released as a single in 1971 by Arnold Corns, Bowie’s side project that has come to be seen as a “dry run” for the Ziggy experiment. Peter Doggett claimed that the song “would have been long forgotten” if it hadn’t later been re-recorded and included on Ziggy Stardust about a year later. An extensive digital version will be released on September 16th, followed by a CD on November 18th and, finally, a vinyl release expected in 2023. Following the release of the digital and 2CD versions of the Moonage Daydream album last year, we now have a date for the 3-disc vinyl release. In an excerpt from his (never-published) autobiography, Bowie claimed that the song was based on an unspecified friend of his, possibly Vince Taylor. It should be noted that these reflections were written during his time of greatest cocaine usage and should be taken with a grain of salt:The companion album to MOONAGE DAYDREAM features songs spanning Bowie's career and includes previously unheard material, unique mixes created for the film and this release along with dialogue from Bowie himself. The forthcoming Moonage Daydream documentary film, which chronicles the life and exploits of David Bowie, will be released in tandem with a new rarities compilation this autumn.

Moonage Daydream - 257700 - Diverse Vinyl Moonage Daydream - 257700 - Diverse Vinyl

In 2002, Bowie published a book about his experience between 1972 and 1973 and named it after this song: “Moonage Daydream: The Life and Times of Ziggy Stardust”. Moonage Daydream compiles rarities, live recordings, and new versions of song’s lifted from the icon’s extensive catalogue. The album is being released via Parlophone. https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2013/sep/26/milky-edwards-chamberlings-ziggy-stardust-david-bowie-hoaxThe song fits on the concept album’s story arc by describing Ziggy as a character using sci-fi imagery that gives it a sense of escapism and wonder. Goods that are faulty or sent in error must be returned to Crash Records Limited, 35 The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 6PU within 7 working days of the item being received by the customer.

Moonage Daydream album press release — David Bowie Moonage Daydream album press release — David Bowie

Claims to be an Argentina release (it is actually a UK release) from 1973 (actually recorded c.2011).A companion album to Brett Morgen’s forthcoming David Bowie feature documentary, Moonage Daydream, will be released in November.

Moonage Daydream: Music From The Film David Bowie / Moonage Daydream: Music From The Film

Following the release of the digital and 2CD versions of the Moonage Daydream album last year, the 3-disc vinyl companion to the critically acclaimed film by Brett Morgan is released today, 31st March, and is available here. David Bowie - “Time… one of the most complex expressions…”David Bowie - Ian Fish U.K. Heir (Moonage Daydream Mix 1)David Bowie - Hallo Spaceboy (Remix Moonage Daydream Edit)David Bowie - Wild Eyed Boy from Freecloud (Live) [Stereo]David Bowie - All the Young Dudes (Live) [Stereo]David Bowie - Oh! You Pretty Things (Live) [Stereo]David Bowie - Life On Mars? (2016 Mix – Moonage Daydream Edit)David Bowie - Moonage Daydream (Live) [Stereo] The companion album to MOONAGE DAYDREAM features songs spanning Bowie’s career and includes previously unheard material, unique mixes created for the film and this release along with dialogue from Bowie himself.Use italics (lyric) and bold (lyric) to distinguish between different vocalists in the same song part

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment