276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glen Scotia 15 Year Old Campbeltown Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This experience was a precursor to my venture into the liquor shop business, where I had the privilege of curating an extensive collection of liquors, granting me access to thousands of unique bottles from across the globe. Palate: Sweet and somewhat softer than expected from the nose. Salted caramel, coffee, mocha, chocolate almond milk, French toast with powdered sugar and maple syrup. The finish is salty with a sharp flash of a burn. Lingering mint notes. Final Thoughts and Score: My journey into the world of spirits began as a pub owner, where I cultivated memorable experiences for patrons and nurtured a deep appreciation for fine liquors. When it is all said and done, Victoriana is a poignant argument within the Glen Scotia lineup that age statements alone are not everything in whisky. proof (46% ABV): It has a higher ABV than the average Scotch, but it is well-balanced and doesn’t feel overwhelming.

Our Service is an online platform which provides Members with information (e.g. bottle facts, market-indices, market values and prices) on (mostly) whisky and allows Members to add information to the platform. We do not sell, nor does the Service provide any option to buy, any alcoholic products.Nose: Spicy and sweet. Candied ginger, cinnamon, and apricot right away. Charred oak becomes more pronounced after spending a few moments in the glass. Mandarin oranges join with solvent notes to give a bit of a cleaning fluid vibe. Springbank 10 and Kilkerran 12 are two of my favorite whiskies with similar tasting notes to the Glen Scotia. No partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment relationship is created as a result of your use of the Service.

With Water: The addition of a few drops of water brings a little sweetness in the form of ripe banana and vanilla cake frosting. Water is a pleasant addition with this dram. Appearance: Yellow straw in color with strong legs and noticeable scotch mist. The labeling confirms Victoriana is non-chill filtered. This 15-year-old single malt from Campbeltown is the primary release of the current Glen Scotia lineup featuring an age statement. Neither the Victoriana nor Double Cask (not included in this review) bottlings offer age specifics. The 15-Year-Old is aged in American oak casks, and bottled at 46% alcohol by volume, or 92 proof.

The word which keeps returning in my description of Victoriana is “fun.” The dram is — like the 15 — simple and straightforward. Where it excels is in the fullness of its presentation. The whisky sips very easily and is a wonderful introduction to higher proof whiskies in general. The friendliness of the malt welcomes the sipper like stepping into a warm bath rather than tossing them into the deep end like, say, Lagavulin 12 Year. Glen Scotia uses first fill and refill American oak casks to age this whisky. They say it complements the spirit’s slow fermentation and highlights the fruity character. Regardless of whether the Service offers the functionality to contribute, you are solely responsible and liable for any content and information that you create, upload, post, publish, link to, duplicate, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or to other Members, such as chat messages, text messages, videos, audio, audio recordings, music, pictures, photographs, text and any other information or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Contributions”). Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. Early in my whisky journey I remember tasting (but not reviewing) a Glen Scotia 10 or 12 year and being so thoroughly unimpressed that I didn’t even write any notes. Probably at the time I thought “this might be better with some age on it” and passed it by. So, finding a sample of Glen Scotia 15 at Master of Malt (which no longer ships to the US, curse them), I thought it high time to give this Campbeltown revenant some representation on the blog. Also, I’ve rarely had a 15 year-old scotch that didn’t agree with me. What could go wrong?

We may, but are not under any obligation, to release new functionalities and tools or other features for the Service every now and then. Any new functionalities, tools and features shall be part of and governed by the Terms from the moment they are launched and/or available. Further, we reserve the right to modify, change, discontinue the Service, add or remove features, update the Service, change its appearance, temporarily and permanently, at any time, in whole or any part thereof.As a brand, Glen Scotia has undergone a rather recent design change. Gone are the distinctive, love-em-or-hate-em opaque bottles which caught the eye but left one wondering if there was indeed any liquid contained within and how much. The 15-Year-Old and NAS (non-age statement) Victoriana offerings reviewed here are presented in more traditional bottles of darkened glass. The 15 in particular shares some general design commonalities with releases by Loch Lomond, which is appropriate as Glen Scotia is a part of the Loch Lomond Group. Tasting Notes: Glen Scotia 15 Year Old Exploring the Agave Fields of Oaxaca: While my career commenced with a focus on Scotch and Bourbon, life’s adventures have led me to the picturesque agave fields of Oaxaca, Mexico. We cannot deliver SPIRITS to the following states: AL, AK, AR, HI, IA, ME, MN, MS, MT, SD, TN, UT, VT, WV, and WY If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect. This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services.

Unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise, your use of and membership to the Service are exclusively governed by Dutch law. We shall first try to settle any dispute over a dram of whisky. Disputes that cannot be settled over multiple drams of whisky shall be solely submitted to the court of Amsterdam, The Netherlands unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise. Nose: Brown sugar, cinnamon, powdered sugar, hot salted caramel, mint, fruitcake, overripe plums, charred oak, spent coffee grounds. We may sell, license, transfer, assign or in any other way dispose of the Service (including Members) to any third party without any notification to you, e.g. (but without limitation) in connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets.Glen Scotia is one of the smallest distilleries in Scotland, with only two 12,000 and 16,000-liter stills. Add water: Let it rest in the glass for around 15 minutes and add a teaspoon of water to enhance the flavors of caramel and vanilla. The Service has been prepared by us solely for information purposes to Members and the Service is based on information we consider reliable and we obtain the contents of the Service from a number of different third party sources (including Contributions), but we do not endorse, support, represent, warrant or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of the Services and any information therein. Glen Scotia Victoriana is presented without an age statement. The single malt is aged in deep charred oak barrels selected by Glen Scotia’s master blender for their individual flavor characteristics. Victoriana is non-chill filtered and bottled at a more hefty 51.5% alcohol by volume.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment