276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Behind Her Lives: Now You See Her, Now You Don't (Pseudo)

£7.62£15.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Briana Cole takes the reader on a roller coaster ride in Behind Her Lives. This plot turns on itself multiple times. Cole drops enough clues for the reader to figure it out but takes you on a fantastic voyage to get there. The timeline is nonlinear and interspersed with diary entry excerpts, but is easy to read and follow. The characters are fully-developed and dynamic. The dialogue is vibrant. I give it 5 out of 5 enthusiastic stars and recommend it to readers who enjoy a good psychological read. I have only read one prior book by Briana Cole and I loved it, so I was excited when she reached out and asked if I would like to read and review a copy of her debut psychological thriller. Deven and Kennedy are sisters, and the book starts off with Deven having to go and identify Kennedy’s body, except she knows said body is not Kennedy’s. Confused as to what is happening, this sets her off on her own investigation and she soon realizes Kennedy may not actually be missing, she may not want to be found. And that Deven may not have known who her sister truly was. We have the before and present timeline, and childhood diary entries, that keep the story flowing along nicely. I felt invested and wanted to know what was up with Kennedy. I wasn't overly in love with Deven, or many of the characters, but the epilogue was great! I thought Cole did a good job writing the diary entries as if they were from a 11-12 year old. Sometimes authors do a bad job and it sounds too grown-up or too childish, but I thought she wrote it just right!

Even though it was a psychological thriller, it was also an exploration of grief and familial bonds— what would we do to protect our family and how much can we forgive? The police think she’s in denial and aren’t treating it as anything other than a routine suicide, so Deven is on her own to find her sister and find out what really happened. In the beginning, I was hooked. I enjoyed getting to learn about the story and the characters, and I couldn't put it down. I was always looking forward to reading and finding out more. Behind Her Eyes London location: What areas do Louise, David and Adele live in and is N1 Madison Terrace a real place?

Eve Hewson plays creepy and mysterious Adele in Behind Her Eyes. In real life the 29-year-old actress is Irish, she was born in Dublin and now lives in the US. Her full name is actually Memphis Eve Sunny Day Hewson and she has a pretty strong Irish accent in real life too. Thank you NetGalley and Tantor Audio for accepting my request to audibly read and review Behind Her Lives. This new thriller from Briana Cole threw several plot twists at me that kept me guessing for most of the book. Every now and then, I did guess a few of the twists, but definitely not the major one at the end. Describing the show to Heart.co.uk ahead of its release, Eve Hewson - who plays Adele - said: "The show is a psychological thriller, and it's a love triangle about a single mother named Louise who starts an affair with her boss while simultaneously sparking up a friendship with his wife."

It’s a malevolent ending made all the more cruel by the existence of Louise’s seven-year-old son Adam, who knows instantly that there’s something very different about his mother after Rob takes over her body. The story ends with two women murdered, a man deceived for years about who he’s married to and having sex with, and a child’s mother replaced by the person who killed her – all so that one person can greedily live a life they coveted. Behind Her Lives by Briana Cole. Thanks to the author, @netgalley and @kensingtonbooks for the gifted Arc ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Lust, jealousy, betrayal, and desperation to survive drive this dramatic tale that will appeal to fans of contemporary multicultural romance authors De’Nesha Diamond, Victoria Christopher Murray, and Shelly Ellis.”They are shown to live in northern areas of London, with a road sign outside David and Adele's saying they live in Islington in an N1 postcode area. Adele’s family home is the Fairdale Estate, which appears in the series but is a fictional location. This is a great twist and turn mystery and I loved that it was set in South Jersey as I am a South Jersey local. There is an interesting family dynamic between sisters Deven and Kennedy. Sharing the same mom, and two different dads, Kennedy spends a few years living with her dad and reunites with Deven and her mom sometime five years later. Deven thinks they are the closest of sisters, but does she really know the real Kennedy?

Because what’s behind hereyes, in this instance, is him. She is beautiful, wealthy Scottish heiress Adele, played by The Luminaries’ Eve Hewson. He is working class, Glaswegian heroin addict Rob, played by Game of Thrones’ Robert Aramayo. They meet as teenagers at rehab after the death of Adele’s parents, and realise that they share the ability for their souls to leave their bodies while they sleep and ‘travel’ to other places to spy on other people’s lives. ‘I love this place, I’d stay forever if I could’ This is where things get interesting. She starts to learn about a whole other life that her sister lead, and none of it is good. It was an addictive read and I felt for Devan. Life was not being kind to her and things just kept getting worse. But when Deven sees the picture of the body she is certain that it’s not her sister. It can’t be. The body doesn’t reflect her cosmetic surgeries and her sister would never have done drugs. Something is amiss. Despite David's warnings, Louise can't shake her concern for Adele, who sows seeds of doubt over what happened with Rob on her family estate. Opening the door to the police before 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning can never lead to anything good, a truism confirmed to Deven Reyonlds when she’s told that her younger sister, Kennedy, is dead by suicide and she’s needed to identify the body. But when shown a picture of the women found in Kennedy’s apartment, Deven is relieved to announce that the person is not her sister. The ME, the police, even her sometimes-boyfriend Justin think she is in the denial stage of grief, but Deven knows she’s right. That doesn’t explain though why the woman was found in Kennedy’s apartment or why Deven can’t locate Kennedy.Behind Her Eyesis the perfect duplicity-hinting title for a series that conceals what it is until the very end. The name works both for the psychological adultery thriller that this Netflix adaptation presents as, and for the supernatural story it’s really telling. Her therapist had been correct. When someone dies, they’re don’t die once. They die over and over again. And that cyclical anguish was crippling.” Whew what a story. I can't imagine going to identify someone in a morgue. Then being the only person to see an error. Deven does not believe it is her sister. this book is about a woman who is told her sister is dead, but she doesn’t believe it & goes on to find her sister.

She is certain the body is not Kennedy. So who the hell is this woman and why has she been identified as her sister? Where is the real Kennedy? My emotions were all over the place. The author seamlessly moved from point to point in her storytelling. Several times throughout, multiple actions are occurring simultaneously. However, not in an action adventure movie way, but in a respectful nonmedical emergency way. I noticed and appreciated, the characters were smart. There was not any stomping of feet, crying or idiotic bantering. Deven received help that she needed immediately. Again, about the Author I appreciated that she didn't dumb down Deven. The people helping Deven did so without questioning her motives based on the seriousness of the situation and time restraints.Deven is called to the morgue to identify the body of a woman found dead in her apartment, apparently by drug overdose. They say it is her (half) sister, Kennedy. The limited series dropped on the streaming service on Wednesday 17 February, and is based on a thriller book by the same name written by Sarah Pinborough. In the middle, I felt like things stalled and weren't going anywhere. It was drawn out and there were so many red herrings to try to throw off the reader, which I'm fine with a couple, but there were a lot in this book. What I enjoyed most about this title was the many serious topics that it wasn't afraid to get into, including family separation, miscarriage, seeking out a therapist for trauma, family members in prison, parent with dementia, suicide, drug use and infidelity.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment