276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Good Boundaries and Goodbyes: Loving Others Without Losing the Best of Who You Are

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Through boundaries, a person invites others to choose between loving them by respecting the boundaries or harming them further; those who continue hurting the relationship effectively choose ending it. With this latest release being about boundaries, I knew I better read (and study) this book as well!

The point of Good Boundaries and Goodbyes is to teach the reader that it is necessary to develop boundaries with one’s closest relationships.

I thought a book like that might apply to a current difficult relationship for which I was seeking .

Stop being misled and emotionally paralyzed by wrongly interpreted or weaponized scriptures that perpetuate unhealthy dynamics in difficult relationships. and said that when someone violates her boundaries, she can act "in opposite ways of the woman I really am. Nevertheless, a glance at the chapter titles instantly shows the reader what they can expect to learn from this book. By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file.A biblical, well-written, strong guide to sift through setting boundaries in the most excruciating of circumstances. by Lysa TerKeurst | Oct 10, 2022 | Blog, Boundaries, Good Boundaries and GoodbyesI love processing life together, being honest about our struggles together and celebrating our victories together. I don't know how to rate this book, so here's my thoughts after having read the first ~70% and skimming the rest. And it’s about communicating appropriate boundaries and parameters so that love can stay safe and sustainable. And when they chose to eat from the tree that God asked them not to, he had to inflict consequences for their actions.

Lysa was recently awarded the Champions of Faith Author Award and has been published in multiple publications such as CNN and Fox News online. It had such potential and if you can stomach being slammed for having reactions to abuse it might have some thoughts worth digging out, but I find enough concerning when abuse is involved that I can’t recommend. Good Boundaries and Goodbyes” is about learning how to set boundaries for yourself without feeling like a bad person for doing so.

Overcome the frustrating cycle of ineffective boundary-setting with realistic scripts and practical strategies to help you communicate, keep, and implement healthier patterns.

Most of the book comes from Terkeurst’s personal experiences, and these outside sources support her main topics. I often see women post comments to Lysa's posts on Facebook expressing gratitude that her writing touches upon their own direct experiences. By reframing boundaries from something that can feel limiting to something that is truly loving, this book equips us to navigate relationships in a loving, healthy, and God-honoring way. Near the end of the book when she was discussing "Who I am," she went on to list several positive qualities about herself, including being creative, generous, kind, caring, etc. PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.Lysa TerKeurst understands this dance with dysfunction and wants to be your insightful, compassionate friend who will teach you that it isn't unloving to set a boundary, and it isn't unchristian to say goodbye. However, this is because I am not the target audience, and I am not currently in a place where I am seeking to learn what Terkuerst here is teaching. If we want to be a good spouse, friend, co-worker, daughter, sister, or neighbor, it’s not by being another person’s savior. Good Boundaries and Goodbyes walks readers through navigating difficult questions like, How do you establish boundaries in relationships? The wisdom in this book came from a time in Lysa’s life where she too was experiencing an unbelievable loss and heart crushing experience.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment