276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Scriptures

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Pearl of Great Price contains the book of Moses, the book of Abraham, the Prophet Joseph Smith’s inspired translation of Matthew chapter 24, and some writings of the Prophet Joseph. So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. The Doctrine and Covenants contains revelations given to the Prophet Joseph Smith. It also includes a few revelations given to other latter-day prophets following Joseph Smith. This book of scripture is unique because it is not a translation of ancient documents. It is a collection of revelations given by the Lord to His chosen prophets in the latter days. I’m struggling to study the scriptures. Why is it so important to study them?” New Era or Liahona, December 2016 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. (Psalm 51:1-3)

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:16 – 18) Use a coloring sheet– Sometimes you can get creative with a prayer session by coloring a Bible verse that is a prayer. Feel free to put on some prayerful praise and worship songs while you color. This will be a powerful meditation session. Scriptures to use when praying For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Personalize the Scriptures – For example using Colossians 2:10 you could pray like this “Lord Jesus, I claim the completeness that is available through you. I pray that I will feel and be so whole that I will know I have all I need to live a full and holy life.”For all of these reasons, we have returned these Most Set Apart Names to their rightful place in our translation of the Scriptures, and have done so by using the Hebrew characters rather than any English rendering. Such a rendering has solid historical precedent in the earliest copies of the Septuagint (LXX), and has the merit of being true to the text, neither adding nor subtracting by means of substitutions (however well-intended). The LORD will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The LORD your God will bless you in the land he is giving you. Deuteronomy 28:8 The Bible is divided into two parts: the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament is a sacred record of God’s dealings with His covenant people in the Holy Land. It includes the teachings of such prophets as Moses, Joshua, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Daniel. The New Testament records the birth, mortal ministry, and Atonement of the Savior. It concludes with the ministry of the Savior’s disciples. Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom. (Daniel 6:3)

But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you. The text of The Scriptures may be quoted at any one time up to and inclusive of one hundred (100) verses without express written permission from the Institute for Scripture Research, providing the verses do not amount to a complete book of The Scriptures nor do the verses quoted account for more than 10% of the total work in which they are quoted. For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. In addition to the above, there is the matter of substituting the Name of the Father and the Son with other terms, especially in light of the scriptural prohibition against adding to or diminishing from the words of the Most High (Deḇarim / Dt. 4:2;12:32; Mishlĕ / Pr.30:4-6). And if it be further admitted (see for example, Explanatory Notes, under Jesus) that the Greek text uses terms that come direct from pagan deities for both the Father and the Son, then it becomes abundantly clear from Scripture itself (Shemoth / Ex. 23:13; Yehoshua / Jos. 23:7; etc.) that such texts could not possibly be the inspired originals, but rather they are translations, ultimately descending from the Semitic originals. This means of course, for the ISR, that we have to attempt to put before the reader an English text that truthfully and accurately reflects the inspired Semitic originals, when in fact the oldest and vast majority of texts we have available are Greek! A daunting task indeed. To the extent that we have succeeded in this, we can only give praise to the Most High. However we are well aware of our shortcomings, and the possibility, even the probability that we have fallen far short of our goal. In this respect, let it be said that we do not view our work as in any way final or definitive. Rather, we hope that it will encourage others to re-examine what they may have always taken for granted, and to research these matters for themselves. (We extend an ongoing invitation to any who can give input that will improve future editions of The Scriptures, especially in regard to the matter of Semitic originals). Secondly, any one of the various attempts to pronounce the Name is infinitely superior to the actual removal of the Name, and its substitution by an altogether different term! Substitution by a ‘good’ term does not alter the fact that it is a substitution, a replacement word. Further, some of the terms traditionally substituted for the Name are actually the names of pagan deities! This is true, not only in English, but also in the other languages of the world!

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. Isaiah 55:8-11 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. (Read More...) In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered. (1 Peter 3:7)

To record The Scriptures, Love Hope Strength called upon artists, poets and celebrities from around the world to contribute lyrics to the song that was recorded by other artists and members of the public who became involved through a Pledge Music Campaign (www.pledgemusic.com) that ran throughout 2014. Here You Will Find Ladies Bible Studies, Books Of The Bible, Verse By verse And Topical Studies From Various Authors YOUTH BIBLE LESSONS The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of salvation that you have given to me. Although you have done everything possible to save me, I know you expect me to bear fruit. For that to happen I know I need to be securely connected to you. I pray that you help me to do things that will cause my roots to go deep into you so that my foundation will be solidly intertwined with your heart. Then allow me to grow like a tree planted by a river, bearing fruit for you. Let the fruits of the Holy Spirit be evident in my life as I interact with others. I pray that in each moment, my words, thoughts, and actions will testify of your power in my life. May each day be one in which my heart overflows with gratitude towards you for all that you have done for me. Grant me an opportunity today to contribute to the spiritual growth of someone else. In Jesus name, Amen. #3 Praying the Scriptures for your spouse and marriage when all Israel comes to appear before the LORD your God at the place which He will choose, you shall read this law in front of all Israel in their hearing. "Assemble the people, the men and the women and children and the alien who is in your town, so that they may hear and learn and fear the LORD your God, and be careful to observe all the words of this law. "Their children, who have not known, will hear and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as you live on the land which you are about to cross the Jordan to possess."

For nothing will be impossible with God.” And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word. (Luke 1:37-38) Text in bold type face in the Second Writings (Messianic) reference allusions or quotations from the Tanaḵ. Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me (John 11:41-42) 7 Examples of praying the Scriptures over your life Timothy 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

Many misguided individuals are under the false impression that, for instance, the words “Lord, LORD, God, GOD, Adonai or HaShem are “translations” of the Name of the Almighty. Nothing could be further from the truth! Consider once more the passage quoted above (Shemoth / Ex. 3:15) in which the ELOHIM (Heb. = “Mighty One”) of Aḇraham, Yitsḥaq and Ya’aqoḇ declares that his Name is יהוה and that this Name is to be His remembrance to all generations. Should this not then be the case in this generation also?While there has been some debate over what is the most accurate and precise pronunciation, three things are clear however:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment