276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Betting on You

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But honestly, another great read from one of my favorite romance authors. I love her books. I love how easy they are to binge and just ENJOY. And this ending was real stinkin’ cute and I loved Bailey and Charlie. Whyyyyyyy? Why was this smug, sarcastic jerk even part of my experience? He’ s ruining flying for me, I thought as I scanned my boarding pass and started down the Jetway, which was ironic when flying was the only thing I didn’t hate about the day. The chemistry they had was also very swoon worthy, I was giggling and screaming so much at their banter and the tension between them (FAKE DATING. AHH). I literally had to slap my book shut every once in a while because I got so excited. charlie was the best. his humor and witt entertained me throughout the entire book & i fell for him way before bailey even did. i loved their banter & teasing, especially when they were fake dating. the things i’d do to be able to share quotes with you but i can promise you, the wait is worth it. During the day: If you have a flexible schedule, you may find it helpful to take breaks during the day to read a book.

so, this book was really fast paced, but also kinda slow burn. this book has the MOST SWOON WORTHY MOMENTS, like this love between them is something that could never happen to me, not even in my wildest dreams 😭 My first time flying alone was the one teensy-tiny thing that I’d been excited about, and Assbag Zero seemed determined to destroy that. From the New York Times bestselling author of Better Than the Movies, this swoon-worthy rom-com in the vein of She’s All That and 10 Things I Hate About You follows a teen girl who unwittingly finds herself at the center of a bet while working at a waterpark. As a YA book I do think there was a bit too much language, otherwise nothing else bugged me. I think if I could have had a little bit longer chapters from Charlie I would have known him even better. There was something slightly missing from that angle.

The best time to read a book depends on your personal schedule and preferences. Here are some suggestions: He smirked. “It’s not that I don’t believe you; it’s that we both know you would’ve signed up whether it was mandatory or not.” From the New York Times bestselling author of Better than the Movies, this swoon-worthy rom-com in the vein of She’s All That and 10 Things I Hate About You follows a teen girl who unwittingly finds herself at the center of a bet while working at a waterpark. I felt very called out by Bailey, to be honest, we are literally the same person. She’s very much your typical Type A, rule follower, who also runs a bookstagram account and has an obsession with Taylor Swift + Emily Henry books. She is me. I am her. It’s scary how accurate that is. This is a book full of Teen & Young Adult Fiction about Friendship. Is Betting on You Based on a true story?

Excuse me,” I said through gritted teeth, my emotional anxiety replaced by irritation, “but the line. The line is moving.” Before bedtime: Many people find that reading before bedtime helps them unwind and relax, which can promote better sleep. Soon enough feelings between Bailey and Charlie begin to develop with the help of some “fake dating” but Charlie has a secret. A secret that involves Bailey and another bet Charlie may have made.In my opinion, When Harry Met Sally just really doesn’t make sense in a YA setting or even really in any setting. I just think that it’s its own thing and should be left alone. It’s a movie in my mind that requires less from the plot and everything from the actors’ performances and personalities…which is so hard to capture in book form. Because while the book had a grip on the plot, the characters just didn’t quite fit. Sure they did? I made a noise, sort of a growl mixed with a groan, before fleetingly wondering if punching a fellow passenger was a federal offense. Their initial encounter took place a year ago during a lengthy flight to Omaha, where Bailey relocated following her parents’ divorce. Charlie and Bailey were definitely not perfect characters either. They had very real flaws, but that was one of the things I liked best about the book — they were friends who cared for each other in spite of their flaws. When Bailey meets Charlie on a 10-hour flight, they debate this question and don’t actually come up with an answer because they’re too busy arguing. About every little thing, for the entire duration of the flight. She finds him obnoxious and infuriating, and he finds her annoyingly uptight. Both are oh-so-happy to walk in separate directions once the plane lands.

I opened my eyes, and there was Mr. Nothing, standing in the aisle, his mouth hard as he looked just as happy to see me as I was to see him. For example, I love Billy Crystal so I could kinda excuse his character at the beginning of the movie…but nothing endeared me to Charlie at the beginning of the book. Because we were working with a blank slate, it took a LONG time for me to warm up to him.Disclaimer: When Harry Met Sally isn’t a favorite movie of mine. Honestly the idea of reading it in book form—the movie is already so long—gives me hives. But I do love Lynn Painter, so I was always going to give this a read. Also there are a few spoilers below, but nothing crazy! Charlie is a very cynical, smart-ass of a teenage boy who absolutely hates being told what to do. To be honest, he frustrated me a little much in this book and I think he’s just too much of a menace for my type (if I met him in person, I would unfortunately be driven to insanity), but I did appreciate both his snarky + swoon-worthy comments. Him being a Gracie Abrams + Conan Gray fan definitely gave him some bonus points. forced proximity, fake dating, swoon-worthy moments. everything your heart desires, you will get in this book 💗💞💕🩷

From the New York Times bestselling author of Better than the Movies , this swoon-worthy rom-com in the vein of She’s All That and 10 Things I Hate About You follows a teen girl who unwittingly finds herself at the center of a bet while working at a waterpark. lynn painter books always have that perfect late 90s/early 00s romcom feel to them & this one was no exception. this book delves into the experiences of children with divorced parents & how that affects them. i rarely read YA romances but lynn painter's ones never miss! i always love the taylor swift references & this one also had new girl references which made it even better. the only thing i wish is that they would've been a little more grovelling at the end. I really liked the premise of this book, with all the different kinds of trouble Bailey and Charlie get to and their strange “amusement park resort” workplace. I also couldn’t get enough of all the Taylor Swift references, it felt like finding a piece of treasure everytime I noticed one (I think I counted 10 total). I absolutely think that Lynn Painter writes some of the best banter I have ever read in rom-coms. I LOVED the way Bailey and Charlie brought the slowly building tension through well placed snark and sarcasm with a hint of some real feelings. when bailey had the internal 'you are in love' moment and was screaming and going crazy, i was just screaming GET TOGETHER ALREADY!

Betting on You

This is a must-read novel for all those who fall in the reading age of 14 years and up and grade level of 9 and up. How would he know that? He wasn’t wrong, but it pissed me off that he behaved as if he knew me, when our relationship spanned five awful minutes. I was squinting and my nose was scrunched up like something smelled bad, but it was physically impossible to unsquinch it. I managed to bite out, “Whatever.” From the New York Times bestselling author of Better than the Movies, this swoon-worthy rom-com in the vein of She's All That and 10 Things I Hate About You follows a teen girl who unwittingly finds herself at the center of a bet while working at a waterpark.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment