276°
Posted 20 hours ago

haakaa Manual Breast Pump Breastfeeding Pump with Food Silicone Cap 4oz/100ml

£9.595£19.19Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Most manual breast pumps are made of plastic and have some type of lever you squeeze to pump out your breast milk. In recent years, though, more brands have created manual pumps made of soft silicone that use vacuum suction to empty your breasts. Another great feature of this pump is the massage cushion which is designed to ensure that your nipple is properly centred within the breast shield. Plus, the soft, flexible petals of the cushion help to create a massaging motion on the breast as you pump, thus helping to stimulate more milk flow. Some reviewers have said that’s it’s so comfortable and easy to use that they can breastfeed on the other side, whilst using this pump on one breast – simply because it’s so easy to manoeuvre with one hand. It also comes apart well and is easy to clean, what a bonus!

The softer, ergonomic handle on this manual pump allows you to control the level of suction by adjusting the pressure you apply to the handle, and the extra soft silicone inlay cushion, which fits into the one-size-fits-all funnel, makes it softer on the breast as you pump. It also fits onto a bottle you can use to feed right away and is compatible with all MAM easy start bottles and milk storage solutions. What makes this manual pump a hassle-free travel companion? It's small enough to fit into almost any purse or bag, is virtually silent whilst pumping and is super easy to clean. Durability - Look for a well-built manual pump made from high-quality materials to ensure that it keeps working for you – even with repeated pumping sessions. Using the Haakaa is simple. First, make sure that your Haakaa is clean and sterilized. You can do this by boiling it in water for about three minutes. A manual breast pump is a small-to-medium handheld device designed to extract breast milk from your breasts. It relies on manual squeezing or gentle pumping motions to create suction, which stimulates milk flow and draws out the milk.

2. Best budget manual breast pump: Little Bloom Manual Breast Pump

The Haakaa is magical. I have about 20 ounces just from today. I can quietly and discreetly pump at work with it."

Mumsnetters can’t stop talking about the clever one-piece design and effectiveness of the Haakaa Manual Breast Pump, which is why we’ve included it in our top 10 list once again! (You’ll also see the Haakaa in our best breast pumps roundup for 2023). Pumping modes: Some manual pumps allow you to switch between different pumping styles: long pulls as opposed to short ones, for instance. My favorite part about this manual pump is my ability to control the flow. After letdown, I pump very slowly and just let it flow!" Single or double pump: Single | Number of settings: One | Closed system: No | BPA free: Yes | Warranty: 90 days What we like Our consumer testers, Lab parents, many Reddit users and Dukas-Janakos all confirm that this is comfortable and easy to use as either a single or double pump (to empty one breast, or both at the same time). The battery lasts for up to three hours, so you don't have to worry about it conking out on you during the day. Digital controls make it easy to find the right customizations for your own body's letdown process, which is what gets the milk flowing.Chances are high that you’ll be carrying this pump around with you so that you have it on hand in case you need it, so make sure it’s made of durable materials and is a size that is easy to tote around. Whether you're pumping at work, at a friend's house, or on the road, having a manual pump that is compact and lightweight is ideal. Our parent-tester used the Haakaa over a series of weeks with her newborn. She put it through its paces and took note of how it performed in a number of areas:

I have two of these, and while traveling I double pump with a pumping bra. This is great at airports without nursing stations or other venues where outlets aren't available. The Harmony works better than my electric pump." When we say wearable, we mean you can put this in your shirt and let it collect milk as you do other things. It’s still very noticeable, so this isn’t a manual breast pump you’d want to wear when leaving the house. It’s simple to use, meaning you don’t have to spend much time putting it together, either. You attach, collect, and go on with your day. The Haakaa is very easy to use and is a gentle and easy approach to pumping, especially if you’re a beginner breastfeeder. Set up was a breeze, although it may take some trial and error to find the right angle when you first use the pump. After collecting milk, it could feel like it lost some suction, and you may have to correct it so it doesn’t fall off. Also, if you continually use the manual breast pump over time, finding the “right” angle may be harder. Otherwise, the silicon and body are very durable, and we don’t experience any issues. It’s also completely silent and makes no sound when using it. It can hold up to 4 ounces of milk, is designed for comfort, and is dishwasher and hot water safe. The Lansinoh pump works very well. I use it if my baby sleeps through a night feeding and I feel engorged, since it's much quieter than an electric pump and I don't have to wake everyone up." This is essentially an all-in-one manual pump set. You can pump or collect letdown and immediately transfer it into an anti-colic baby bottle and begin feeding!"

4. Best manual breast pump for travel: MAM Manual Breast Pump

While it’s straightforward to use, the shape of the Haakaa means you need to have your whole boob out to use it, so it’s best used alone, with people you’re very comfortable with or in conjunction with a hands-free pumping bra. Size: Most pumps come with a standard-size breast shield of 24mm. If you have large breasts, make sure you can size up and buy a larger breast shield before you invest in the entire system. Same if you are on the smaller size; Dukas-Janakos tells us that many women she sees do well with a 19mm breast shield. "The majority of people start off pumping with the wrong size," says Dukas-Janakos who notes that fit is the key to expressing painlessly. If you're unsure of what size you'll want (a legitimate concern, since your breasts will swell and change once your milk comes in), buy two breast shield sizes in advance of baby's arrival. And if you're still having trouble, Dukas-Janakos says you can ask a lactation consultant to measure you. Overall, the Haakaa was an invaluable tool for me during my breastfeeding journey with my second child, and I truly wished I had had one while nursing my first. The Haakaa did wonders to relieve the pain of engorgement in the early days. And thanks to this little pump, I saved enough milk that I didn’t have to take out my larger electric pump until my son was about 6 months old. Plus, I spent less money on breast pads, since I caught any excess in the Haakaa.

Manual pumps are less expensive than electric pumps; they're also usually smaller, lighter, and easier to carry around. Moms who regularly pump typically use a manual pump as a portable alternative to their electric pump, or to catch let-down on one breast while pumping or nursing on the other. For such an inexpensive piece of baby gear, manual pumps can prove themselves valuable by making pumping easier, and helping women capture milk that might otherwise be wasted. How we chose the best manual breast pumps Still, the simplicity and the relief that this manual pump can offer a mom who's just trying to get a handle on breastfeeding is worth it, especially given how affordable it is. If you're a nursing mom looking for a product that promotes ease, then this is one that I think that you'll really enjoy. We believe this manual breast pump has a lot of value due to its great features and thoughtful accessories. The set comes with one 5-ounce bottle with extra wide mouths, a lid and stand, one harmony connector, one valve, and one membrane. The battery lasts 6-9 pumping sessions or about three days on one charge. Yes, it’s a little pricey, but if you have larger nipples and want a breast pump to fit and support your breasts well so that you can pump effectively, then the Evenflo Advanced Manual Breast Pump is ideal. It comes with the standard 24.5mm flange as well as a larger 30.5mm flange, which you won’t find in many other manual pumps on the market. Plus, the pivoting pump handle is easy to hold in either hand and rotates to allow for multiple pumping positions. Set up is an easy breezy process even though it includes the extra step of washing, not just sanitizing the different parts before the first use. The protective cups on the flanges can be a little confusing, but once we put it together, we could do it a second time without any struggle or need for the manual. The controls are also super intuitive once you operate the manual breast pump. Directions want you to wash and sanitize daily when using this breast pump. We use boiling water to sanitize it.No, you don’t have to use the Haakaa at every feeding. You can use it as often or as little as you like. We spoke with five moms who shared their experiences using three of the manual breast pumps on this list, highlighting what features they liked

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment