276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kind Of Blue

£9.975£19.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You must have put many hours of hard work into this poring over Popsike data and cover/label photographs. J. Six (or more) sets of lacquers were usually cut for any big-name artist, so the very first mastering would be 1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,and1F. however I’ve since had the good fortune of being slightly re-educated on that position by a number of professional recording engineers whose knowledge of their art is, of course, far greater than mine. Equally notable, Seven Steps to Heaven marks the point at which the core of Davis' Second Great Quintet started to assemble. DUE SOON From the wreckage of Free came Bad Company, the English hard rock supergroup fronted by singer Paul Rodgers and featuring his drummer bandmate Simon Kirke, Mott the Hoople guitarist Mick Ralphs, and King Crimson bassist Boz Burrell.

We've graced this first-time-ever 2LP edition of this musical masterpiece with a gatefold sleeve with additional liner notes. LJC says: please feel free to weigh in if you think I’ve got something wrong (which you can put straight), or you can add something to the story, speak up, perhaps your promo doesn’t fit with my m.Co-produced by Zev Feldman and David Weiss, the audio was newly transferred from the original 1/4″ tape reels. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising.

As with each title, the music emerges from QRP’s beautifully flat and wonderfully silent surfaces with that much more “there-ness. The red polka dots sleeve is associated with higher matrix codes, as is the blue perspectival stripe inner sleeve. For example, you can hear this in the tremendous body and weight of the bass, and also the mixing of the centre channel with the left and right, which has a profound (and profoundly positive) effect of the space of the recording.I’ll try to remember to post an update in due course, when I’ve given it a spin on the old LP12, if this thread is still open. Recorded during 2 sessions in 1959, Kind of Blue worked on many different levels and will do so for many years to come. Some sellers claim their copy has a “misprint” merely because the Side 2 label is the corrected one, at odds with the cover track list. Yet time has a way of righting wrongs and shifting views by adding needed context and perspective to visionary ideas, music, and approaches – the likes of which fill Davis' boldest and most controversial – undertaking. In any case, whilst the track listing appears different on this release it is in fact correct: it was the original that got it wrong.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment