276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Euro Cuisine GY50 Greek Yogurt Maker

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It couldn’t be simpler to make your own – just a small portion of plain natural yogurt stirred into warm milk in one of the two included containers begins the magical transformation. It's also very easy to use, which makes it perfect for beginners for making greek yogurt. Plus, the dessert produces is delicious and nutritious. This straining technique can be used for whole-, low-, or non-fat yogurt. I normally go for the low fat. For me, it has the right balance of flavor and health benefits. Pour milk mixture into a Greek yogurt strainer and set it over a bowl to separate the liquid whey. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Leave it undisturbed for at least 8 hours (overnight). Step 05. Refrigerated It:

After the milk comes to a boil remove from heat immediately and allow to cool until it is just warm enough for you to dip your finger into it without feeling any discomfort. Step 03. Mix It:

Now that I’ve sang all the praises about the nylon yogurt strainer it feels weird to talk about the cheesecloth. But I’m giving you all the options, even the ones I don’t currently use. There’s always a way to be more eco-friendly but you don’t need to give yourself mental anxiety if it’s not right for you. Making yogurt at home is not so difficult. It takes patience, time, and effort to learn how to make Greek yogurt with a yogurt strainer.

Compare to cleaning and drying cheesecloth (it takes forever to dry). Even a fine-mesh colander can be a pain to wash. Running it through the dishwasher is easy but requires a lot of space that always seems in short supply at my house. Pin 7. The fine texture of the cloth allows fewer milk solids to leak through.

Why you need a yogurt strainer

Add a few tablespoons of your store-bought yogurt or yogurt starter to it and stir until dissolved. Great! You’ve inoculated the milk with lactobacilli.

Anyone who would like to make yogurt at home needs this greek yogurt maker. You will end up with a delicious, creamy yogurt after using the cheesecloth material. If you use freeze-dried cultures, aka traditional cultures, you can theoretically use them for years. They cost a little more and you need to use them every week to 10 days but they are much sturdier. You can read all the dirty details in this post about slimy yogurt.But with the Kleynhuis Greek Yogurt Pouch, you can reduce straining time with “manual encouragement” if you want or need to. It is not necessary, however. If you missed it, see the picture of this process earlier in the post. The bottom line? With this cleverly designed liner, you can strain your curd without any mess in most colanders. The pouch can be used over and over again.

A yogurt strainer does result in a more cloudy whey, since more of the yogurt itself escapes through the strainer, but this cloudy whey is ideal for using in baking, or making whey cheese or whey cream. How to Strain Yogurt in a Yogurt Strainer:Removing the yogurt from the cheesecloth was very difficult and it seemed like a lot of the yogurt itself was still on the cloth – all that yogurt in the cloth and lots of wasted yogurt down the drain – and you know I much I vouch for reducing food waste. Transfer plain, unsweetened yogurt to the cheesecloth-lined strainer until it is filled almost the edge.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment