276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garrett ACE 400i Metal Detector

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I mentioned at the start there was an iron audio button on the control box. This is an upgrade on the 350 and allows you to hear certain iron targets depending on your discrimination.

Garrett ACE 400i Metal Detector

Cons are the pre-set ground balancing – but then this isn’t an issue for a beginner, and iron audio that bumps up the price can drive you insane targeting trash. For that reason, mine is usually off.Target ID works on a 0-99 scale. Iron registers low whereas coins register high and the vertical graph shows you how deeply the target is buried. You’ll know pretty much what’s down there before you dig. Garrett reliability is great. This detector can be modified with different search coils. Great little machine.

Garrett ACE 400i Metal Detector | Garrett Metal Detectors

The iron audio discrimination button is awesome!! Except when you have an iron target real close to say a silver target. Garrett Ace 400i is a little more advanced for a novice, but I think you can get used to it pretty fast. This model is great when it comes to beach metal detecting, but please beware that it’s not fully waterproof, only the coil so you’ll have to make sure you don’t drop it in the water.It’s all labelled and the display is clear – although in bright sunlight you’ll be squinting. The main buttons are mode, discrimination, and sensitivity and they work on a plus and minus toggle. There are iron audio and frequency adjust buttons too.

Garrett Ace 400I Metal Detector for sale in UK | 58 used Garrett Ace 400I Metal Detector for sale in UK | 58 used

Iron audio is great. Affordable and surprisingly powerful. Large coil. I love the digital target ID. The same goes for notch discrimination. This is a filter that forces the detector to ignore certain frequencies. You can easily set new notches as you search, making the detector a highly efficient tool for finding specific lost items. 3. Multiple Sensitivity Levels The detector is light and easy to swing for hours. It hits on targets even better that I expected and the display is quite accurate at identifying your find before digging.Hi Steve, I’m presently using a Garrett AT PRO, my issue is the weight of this machine which is 6.5lbs I’m using an easy swing harness which takes the weight but after swinging for 2 to 3 hours it’s tiring, the 400i is 5.8lbs I think ? So that’s not far off another lb less, I like the digital read out on the AT PRO and that it’s waterproof, is there a waterproof version of the 400i ? I know with the 400i the hood keeps the machine water proof and the coil etc is too. I’ve heard lots of good reports about the 400i is it as good as they say? The top of the ACE family, the 400i has new Iron Audio feature, a powerful DD coil, a higher frequency, and volume control headphones. The 400i is waterproof and is suitable for dry beach and careful fresh water detecting. It comes with a waterproof submersible searchcoil but the machine itself is not fully waterproof. I would recommend it for anybody who is just starting out because it has just enough options to make metal detecting enjoyable.

Garrett Owner’s Manual - Garrett

With this review, our goal is to highlight everything this detector has to offer so that you can make a purchasing decision you won’t regret. This model is also armed with the Garrett Clearsound Easy Stow Headphones with an inline volume switch. The 400i comes out of the box in three separate parts with the coil, the straight shaft, and the s-shaft separate from one another. You will need no other tools than the ones provided with the metal detector to put it together. The metal detector can be powered by simply pressing the Power button for one second and then releasing it. Operating at 10kHz frequency you will be provided with better sensitivity to low and medium conductivity targets such as gold and lead. With the400idetectorsFrequency Adjust feature you can easily toggle between slight frequency shifts to help eliminate interference from other detectors or sources of power.

While it’s not made for gold hunting, it is capable of finding gold jewelry in good conditions. Thanks to the higher operating frequency and sensitivity adjustments, it’s better at finding gold than many affordable options on the market. The Garret Ace line is a popular model amongst metal detector users old and new and with the Garrett Ace 400i metal detector they have claimed that this model is the king of their already fine collection. An ambitious statement for sure but is it accurate? Well let’s take a closer look at the Garrett Ace 400i metal detector and find out. This is a super entry level machine that can handle a good session and it wont let you down for the good finds.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment