276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yes Please

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Why were the Mondays going to Barbados? According to The Mirror, it was because the island nation was a heroin-free zone at the time and the label spent big money to send the band there, hoping it would force addicts Shaun Ryder and brother and bassist Paul to dry up. Happy Mondays Chart History (Alternative Airplay)". Billboard. Archived from the original on 10 October 2021 . Retrieved 10 October 2021.

I’ve seen a lot of people who live life on the edge, but I’ve never before seen a group of people who had no idea where the edge is,” Weymouth recalled. Sawyer, Miranda (September 1992). "The Man Whose Head Expanded". Select. No.26. London. ISSN 0959-8367.

On The Go

First inspired by Motown artists, Ryder was then drawn to the Chicago house music of the 1980s, saying that his bass lines were “me trying to replicate that style but using a real instrument rather than a computer”. Painting and art has become important to Maria as she has got over the passing of your parents, and I know your parents were a big influence on you and Pat regarding art. Taking you to see Lowry’s work at Salford art gallery as kids, I guess your parents would be really pleased to see you and Maria come together to create such a fine collection.

The band announced in September 2012 that they were writing their first album with the original lineup in more than 20 years. [ citation needed] I think a lot have people have liked the boldness of the exhibition, and found it Positive, and Optimistic. In fact below is a letter that wereceived from a young woman and mother of 3 boys, two of which have downs syndrome.. it says everything.

Kitty Empire (10 June 2007). "Pop: Happy Mondays, Astoria, London WC2 | Music | The Observer". The Guardian . Retrieved 25 December 2012. This Exhibition is dedicated to the Memory of Our Mum and Dad Tom and Mary Carroll and Our Sister Mag and the rest of the family for all there support Collaborating with Maria has turned out as real success and maybe something of a first – an artist with downs syndrome part of such as exhibtion like this, who has shown what art can really mean to people with mental disabilities, wouldnt you agree. Wilson, Susan (1997). The Charlatans – Northwich Country Boys. London: UFO Music. ISBN 0-7535-0494-4.

Here is a debut album that feels one step ahead of the times and even the band themselves. The signs of what was about to unfold are there in the shape of the absolute classics Kuff Dam and Tart Tart which sound like the E was starting to seep in to the bloodstream. Happy Mondays would catch up with their own ideas and push them further forward on their next album and with the help of Martin Hannett and Ecstacy they were about to release their first seminal album…. The band signed to Creation Management in 2015. They have announced an international tour to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches. What kinda effect would you say putting the exhibition has had on Maria, and is it something you think she might want to do again, in some form? a b c d e "Happy Mondays | full Official Chart History". Official Charts Company. Archived from the original on 1 May 2021 . Retrieved 6 October 2021. Probably one of the most infamous albums to ever come out of Manchester, Yes Please! is perhaps best known for the fact that its cataclysmic critical and commercial failure bankrupted Happy Mondays' label, Factory Records, as a result of the band bleeding out the latter’s funds over the course of a chaotic and artistically stagnant production.Rowetta’s powerhouse vocal performances on the album elevate the bands sound even further in the way she brings in an erotic gospel aspect which makes the bands sound feel again like a relative of the vocal driven House music that was popular at the time whilst also connecting them with the soul and funk bands that their sound is so obviously inspired by. Shaun Ryder’s vocals playing in and around Rowetta’s is a thrilling blend. There’s a sensuality to them singing together (most obvious on Bob’s Yer Uncle) and even though Rowetta brings an added femininity to the Mondays’ sound she never once feels like window dressing. In fact it is Rowetta’s famed “Yippee Yippee” on Kinky Afro is often the first sound you think of when thinking of Happy Mondays’ music. Rowetta adds sex, spirituality, power and harmony…wonder what Bummed would have sounded like with her on it???? Unlike his showman brother, Ryder admitted: “I am embarrassingly shy – that’s why I used to take copious amount of drugs before I went on stage … with Shaun being a Leo and older he was so much more the extrovert, and from what I know he always loved the attention.” Happy Mondays are always worth listening to and now they sound even better so devote a few hours to their swagger and slang and enjoy feeling part of one of our finest band of outlaws. In his years away from the Happy Mondays, Ryder released an album with another group, Big Arm, in 2008 and moved to Los Angeles in the late 00s. He also performed live with the New York funk group Tom Tom Club, whose members Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth (also of Talking Heads) had produced Yes Please!.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment