276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wilkinson Sword Classic Shaving Brush

£1.26£2.52Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

i did get a omega boar bristle brush but being muslim i didnt realise it wasnt permissible to use so i've since thrown it away and yea i regret throwing it away because i couldve given it someone as a PIF instead, i also threw away my good quality kent hair brushes because those were also boar bristle too i dont really want a horse hair brush because i got a beard horse hair brush recently and its just way too soft,

so i assume that the shaving brush that comes in horse hair would be way too soft too, or maybe im wrong assuming that? i dont know... Some chatter here https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/newbie-to-shaving-brushes-need-help-please.54329 with a confusing set of claims that the Wilkinson Sword shaving brush is synthetic and has been for about a decade, while others have never seen such a thing and have only seen (and even bought) boar bristle brushes.Think Hair Type - Boar and badger do mean killing the animal which some people will not like. If that is the case then horse hair (taken from the tail) or a synthetic brush work perfectly well. Ideally shave straight after a shower or hold a hot, wet towel over your face for a few minutes to soften the hairs. Whilst doing this soak the 'loft' of your shaving brush in hot water to soften the bristlesand aid the lathering process. Dimensions A. The YaqI brushes are a good place to start, they are fantastic value and great quality. They are cheap enough off aliexpress that you can try a couple of different ones fairly cheaply. Occasionally they seem to be on sale on there for about a fiver, so look out for that,

Synthetic - a good choice if you don't want to use any type of animal hair, but still want to own a shaving brush They are made from two pieces, the handle and the hairs on the brush. In the old days handles were either made from wood or from ivory. Ivory is of course not allowed to be used for obvious reasons, so many manufacturers now use imitation ivory, which works perfectly well and offers a very nice style. There are different grades of all of the above, but your chosen brush will contain one of those four hair types.

That is a step too far for some people, and we understand that. We would recommend if you find that as being too cruel, that you can still get a very good synthetic shaving brush. Those are created from man made fibres, and they are also very good quality. The handle is important as it greatly impacts on the overall appearance of the brush. The two things worth noting though are the actual size and the weight of the handle. The number one thing to consider though is that the size of your hand should be a key factor in your decision making process. Here at the Emporium, we believe that proper wet shaving needs to be done using a brush and either a DE safety razor or a straight razor. i did ask a scholar i know in regards to using boar hair brushes and he said its impure so we arent allowed to use is at all and tbh i was kinda gutted as i really liked my kent brushes for my beard tbh, ill have to ask him about badger hair shaving brushes now or i might just avoid them all as yea i think im just going to stay away from any animal related shaving brushes, just better and safer option to use synthetic and by the sounds of it im not going to be missing out on much as apparently from what i understand synthetic brushes have come a long way from what they once were The Loft - This is the hair length from the top of the handle to the uttermost tip of the hair. if you look very closely at the way these hairs are shaped, you will notice that most are a bulb shape, but others are a fan shape. Again this is down to personal preference. Wet shavers often discuss which style is better, but for us it is simply down to personal choice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment