276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cher Eau de Couture Eau De Parfum 50 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Created by the man who brought us Amber Prada, Panorama for Olfactive Studios, Lovely by SJP and Ariana Grande Cloud; Clement Gavarry. I personally feel that the note list is a giant furfy. Sure I bet there are bits of these notes but what I read here is a generic, safe, modern nothing of a fragrance with nothing even slightly challenging. Far from the reality, far far. We are thrilled to continue our longstanding partnership with the iconic Cher. Following the launch of Cher Eau de Couture, we wanted to provide her fans with a complete fragrance wardrobe that embodies her star-power throughout the decades. The Decades Collection takes consumers on an olfactive journey embodying Cher’s famous personas from the 60’s through the 90’s,” said Steve Mormoris, founder and CEO of Scent Beauty. I don't think in terms of genders," Cher says. "I didn't specifically want to create a 'genderless' fragrance. I created it for people who like it. I've worn men's fragrances. Val [Kilmer] used to wear Kouros, which was a men's fragrance, and I liked how it smelled and wore it sometimes. I've also worn Canoe and Taboo, though my mom didn't think Taboo was for 'good' girls."

Yet again Cher and collaborators have chosen to directly descend from a CHANEL perfume. Not the same. No. A very heavily influenced nod though. This time it seems the target is CHANEL No 22. Imagine a 22 where the huge aldehydic overdose is played against clove, instead of nutmeg. Still using rose as the lynchpin with lashings of white florals.The heart has been tamed and modernised and the dry down is far less tapestried, creamier and less chypre-ish. The aldehydes are the star of the show though and continue to pump their magic till the very end. First of all, I'm astonished that I have been famous for sixty years. When I started everything was changing, and just like music, art, and clothing, perfume also changed. These scents represent those Decades for me. There was electricity in the air and life smelled like excitement,” commented Cher.

Hey Posse! Cher! One of the queens of style. An icon who has managed to stay relevant and popular through highs, lows and a fair smattering of mediocrity. Her original 1987 fragrance Uninhibited was a direct CHANEL No 5 descendant, all fizzy aldehydes and fruity space flowers over woodsy vanilla. One of my besties is a complete Cher aficionado who follows her concerts around the world and I found him a small bottle of it in the early 2010s, he has loved and cherished it. So, weirdly, in 2019 she decided that the world needed a new Cher fragrance, enter Eau de Couture. Yes, I’ve been wearing it. Sadly, something in No 22 has been giving me headaches in the last couple of years. This has all the pizazz and none ofd the side effects.

We happily arrive at my favorite – iris perfume. Now, the thing you have to understand about Iris Perfume or What the Underpants are Hiding, they can’t capture the bloom’s smell except through headspace technology, and even that is pretty… Continue Reading →... The ‘90s with a floral scent and notes of peach nectar, heliotrope, and sandalwood, representing grunge and pop escapism. It makes me feel really girly. … I used to say if you smell like dessert, a man will never forget you. And I still feel that way. There's a way to be powerful, and not be unattractive, or not be kind of abrasive. And I think that perfume kind of helps you soften up the room.Like all fragrances, but perhaps more than most, it really, truly evolves over time. From beginning to end, it shapeshifts. On my skin, this happens at least three times as I wear it. It's positioned as a genderless scent (as all fragrances should be, thank you) and not only does it nail its objective, but it employs notes that are typically thought of as "masculine" or "feminine" and makes them work together for something bigger — something that defies what you know about gendered fragrances altogether. I was like, "Just think of a madras bedspread." There was this feeling of the '60s—all fresh and breaking out, but not like Charlie, you know what I mean? I always wanted to stay away from that, even though it was the most popular scent of the time. But I didn't like it. I thought it was for good girls. I wasn't one. I wanted a heavy scent. Not that I wanted people to run out of the elevator, but I wanted to be sure it lasted beyond the first spray." I can't say exactly why it took four years," Cher tells me over the phone. "Nothing ever took me four years. I just knew when I had it. A few times, I thought I had it, but a few days later, I changed my mind. It was kind of like, you know it when you see it." I often wonder if we are living in the last era of true living legends. Of people who just are stars, point blank, without relying on or playing into the endless news cycle, fresh social media platforms, and viral content. Madonna. Janet. Celine. Tina. Diana. Their icon status is non-negotiable. Who would we deem untouchable from today’s group of girls? Britney, of course. Without question, Beyoncé, who is arguably the last celebrity to maintain an air of mystery while consistently being at the center of the conversation.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment