276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ubiquiti US-16-150W 150 W 16 Port UniFi PoE Switch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This will occur if the device was managed by another instance of a UniFi application. This includes cases where the UniFi Console (e.g., Dream Machine Pro, or Cloud Key) was factory restored, because the UniFi device still considers itself as being managed by the 'old' application console, prior to restoration. I have both connected to the could so now I can configure/adjust my network from anywhere and view live video as well. Its enterprise level equipment, so you pay a little more than consumer, but it is in reach of a homeowners budget. I highly recommend it. Read full review When the reboot is completed the led will turn pale blue. You can now adopt the switch in the controller Also worth noting — if serial console out-of-band management port is something you need, the first generation switches have it, and the second generation models do not. XG UniFi Switches

Sixteen Gigabit RJ45 ports offer different power output options: auto-sensing IEEE 802.3af/at PoE/PoE+ and 24V passive PoE, and two SFP ports provide optical fiber connectivity options to support uplinks of up to 1 Gbps. Passive 24V and 48V PoE — Ubiquiti’s standard, mostly used on EdgeMAX, AirMAX, and older UniFi devices A common complaint with the first generation models are their loud fans. It is possible to replace them with quieter Noctua fans, or you can throw it in a network closet and forget about it. If you just need basic L2 switching and PoE, the first generation models are still worth considering, especially if budget and availability are more important than future software support. Putting the L2/L3 differences aside, the 2nd generation pro models also have some other advantages over the non-pro UniFi switches. 2nd Gen Pro models add

EdgeRouter X

I adopted it and upgraded the firmware. It took longer to unbox and mount it than it did to set it up. Ubiquiti calls them “Gen2” but I am going to call them 2nd generation. Whatever you call them, Ubiquiti’s newer UniFi switches split things into a few tiers. There are models which replace the 1st generation switches, and the higher pro and enterprise tiers. If you keep having problems with the installation of the firmware you can also try to install it your self directly on the device. To do this we are going to access the device using SSH. Basic layer 3 features like static routing (supported as of firmware version 4.3.13.11253) and inter-VLAN routing.

If you are planning on using PoE passthrough on switches like the USW-Flex, or access points like the In-Wall-HD, you should supply them with the higher-wattage PoE+ or PoE++. Devices with PoE passthrough will usually function when fed with standard 15W PoE, but will not reliably power downstream devices unless they receive their maximum rated power input. For example, the USW-Flex can provide 8W with PoE in, 20W with PoE+ in, and 46W with PoE++ in. I’ll use the PoE, PoE+, PoE++ names as shorthand. It is important to consider the type of PoE you need for your devices, and to make sure that you have enough PoE budget on your switch to power all your devices. Otherwise, you will need to rely on separate power injectors. PoE Passthrough USW-Flex — When using PoE passthrough ( Note: this was upgraded to 802.3at PoE+ in a firmware update) Wait for the device to fully boot, the led will turn dark blue (or stay white if it wasn’t adopted before, approximately 5 minutes max) Selecting this option will unmanage the device from your UniFi Console and restore the device to a factory default state. UniFi Consoles

Tech Specs

EdgeSwitches have an optional web interface overlay called UISP, which is similar to the UniFi controller. UISP is limited when it comes to EdgeSwitch configuration, and it doesn’t have every option that the device’s individual web GUI or CLI has. Think of UISP as an easy way to monitor all of your AirMAX, LTU and EdgeMAX devices, rather than a single interface for configuring everything like the UniFi controller. The Ubiquiti UniFi Switch 16 150W delivers robust performance over its 18 independent switching ports. Two SFP ports offer optical connectivity, and 16 Gigabit Ethernet ports of auto-sensing IEEE 802.3af/at or configurable 24V passive PoE allow you to simplify your infrastructure. Have a small touchscreen on the left side of the device, like the UDM-Pro. This screen shows stats and info about the device, and the network it is on. They also integrate with the UniFi AR feature, which lets you use a phone to virtually see what is connected to each port. All UniFi devices have a Reset button. You can return a device to a factory-default state by holding this for 5-10 seconds (depending on the device), or until the LEDs indicate the restore has begun. Your device must remain powered during this process. To cache the firmware in your controller you open your controller and go to the settings (lower left gear icon). Search for Firmware and select Device Firmware Cache (or select Updates > Firmware in the settings menu)

I have been working a lot with Unifi devices and sometimes you just got one of those devices that just won’t adopt. You may get an error that a firmware update is required or you can’t simply find the device in the controller. PoE passthrough is when a PoE device can receive power and also pass PoE to another downstream device. A common example would be a 24 port PoE switch, feeding an In-Wall-HD access point, with a video camera connected to the In-Wall-HD. The key part is that all three devices are drawing their power from the 24-port PoE switch. In situations like that, you need to be especially careful about what PoE support your switch or voltage and amperage of your PoE injector. EdgeSwitches are more flexible and capable, and are a better fit for network operators, WISPs, managed service providers, and other more advanced networks. If you need features like link aggregation, TACACS+, RADIUS, 802.1X, MAC filtering, ACLs, or static routing, you’re better off with an EdgeSwitch than a UniFi switch. UniFi switches support many of these features, but are often less configurable, poorly documented, and less reliable.All UniFi devices can be restored to their factory defaults via their respective web or mobile applications. This is located in the Manage section of a device’s settings. Depending on the application, this may be referred to as Forget (UniFi Network) or Unmanage (UniFi Protect). We use the Ubiquiti equipment at work (mainly the access points) and have been very impressed with how they are built and their reliability. We have a couple hundred access points in service now for three years, only one died and was replaced under warranty. EdgeSwitches are older, more traditional managed switches, with command line (CLI) and individual web interfaces for configuration. EdgeSwitches also have optional integration with the UISP software controller. The newer UISP-branded switches are tied closely to the UISP software, have no web interface, but still offer a CLI for manual configuration. I cover EdgeSwitch and UISP hardware briefly below, but I cover them in more detail in my UISP Switch review. If you want 10 Gbps ports for clients, or need a distribution switch to aggregate other switches, the XG series has a few options. Some are in the 1st generation, some are in the 2nd: Deciding between UniFi, EdgeMAX, UISP, or some other brand depends on your needs. The right solution varies with what kind of network you are trying to build, and what features you need to accomplish that. If you are comfortable with command line configuration and have complex needs, another vendor is probably a better option. This guide focuses on UniFi switches, but it’s worth noting some EdgeSwitch models are the same hardware as the first generation UniFi switches, with an EdgeOS CLI and UISP instead of the UniFi controller. The newer UISP switches are not as mature, but are worth considering if you want your switch to tie into the UISP NMS and UCRM software.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment