276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Miracle-Gro EverGreen Complete 4-in-1 SPREADER - 100 m2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

EverGreen 18920 Easy Spreader Plus (best cheap wheeled lawn feed spreader)[personally tested and proven] You just can’t go wrong really – There’s no way you can justify the extra of the Scotts when you compare the price and how much you’ll use it, unless it’s for commercial purposes. Then read on to the Scotts lawn spreader as I compare and test them. Completely empty the spreader weighs in at 3.4kg but even with a full load of feed it doesn’t feel cumbersome and my wife found it very easy to use despite being only 5.5ft and being a dainty little thing. If you only have a small lawn, and don’t mind walking around a little to spread your fertiliser, you could do a lot worse than spending a few quid on this handheld Gardena lawn feed spreader.

Generally speaking, if something like a handle is too straight, and without any curvature, it tends to be a bad sign. Of course, handlebars are an exception to this, but for handheld spreaders, this is something to look out for. What I definitely appreciated though was the stand. I can just rest the spreader upright whilst I load it with seed – without the stand I would be pulling my hair out. Here’s a picture of what I mean: There is an on/off trigger that comes in very useful when negotiating the corners of your lawn and if used properly will prevent you accidentally dumping too much feeder in one spot which could have adverse effects. In terms of capacity I have laid in easily a good couple of kilo of seed, maybe even two! – reloading every few minutes doesn’t feel a burden at all when you’re covering so much ground: Unlike our other Scotts product review, this one is a drop spreader and works in a slightly different way. Where a rotary spreader will use a turntable to throw the fertiliser, weed killer, etc. out in multiple directions, a drop spreader distributes the contents of the hopper straight down.If, after reading the end of that previous review, you think you would prefer something that is much simpler to put together, the Scotts EvenGreen drop spreader might be something that piques your interest. There are also directions given for using the best spread rate settings with various types of EverGreen granular products too. The Greenkey deluxe seed and fertiliser spreader is certainly easy to use, with minimal controls and no tedious assembly required. In fact, the only controls you have to deal with are the four aperture settings which are selected using the switch on the handle with your thumb, and the crank handle on the side to operate the spreading mechanism. But that’s it really – fully assembled in minutes and ready to start spreading lawn feed or grass seed! Testing lawn spreaders A1: After applying this product in accordance with the label instructions keep children and pets away from treated areas until the granules have been watered in thoroughly and the area has dried.

Scotts EasyGreen rotary spreader arrives ready to use with no assembly required on your side. All that’s needed is to fill the tank with feeder, adjust the variable settings using the controls on the handle, and you are ready to feed your lawn.You could think of a lawn feed spreader as a wheelbarrow with holes but much more sophisticated at evenly spreading. A lawn feed spreader is a tool used to help you spread lawn feed faster, and more evenly than you could, just using your hands. Whether it is a small, handheld lawn feed spreader, or a larger version that is mounted on wheels, they basically made up of some kind of container that you fill with seeds or feed and a section that is used for dispersing the contents around your garden. It is important to note that these products are only meant to be used with granular lawn feed, so if you are planning on using a liquid-based fertiliser, you’d be better off shopping for a good garden sprayer or watering can instead. How to use a lawn feed spreader There are some of us who would prefer to use a rotary spreader but only have a small garden and are worried about getting unwanted chemicals in places we don’t want them. Even when walking at the slowest pace, the larger broadcast spreaders still distribute the contents of the hopper and some distance and it can be hard to control where it goes in a small or narrow yard. If you have a larger than usual lawn, you might want to consider a tow-behind spreader that you can pull with a quad or small tractor.

The Gardena features a good-sized carry handle that has two of the main controls situated on it. On top is a button you press with your thumb to open up the hole and allow the contents to flow through to the spreading mechanism, and on the front of the handle is a selector switch with four settings that controls how much fertilizer will be allowed to pass through when the thumb button is pressed. Watering-in: If no rain falls within 2 days, water the lawn thoroughly so that the lawn food starts to work. From a height perspective, I am 5 foot 9, I had no problem using this, my daughter considerably shorter, again no problem, it’s more about the angle change. If something is ergonomic, it means that it has been designed to fit with the human body’s shape in the most efficient and comfortable way. Some products have better designs when it comes to this, and it will make a difference to you if you are using the tool for long stretches of time, so look for a good one.

Latest articles

The advantage of a drop spreader is that you have much more control over where the contents are being put down, and this makes them better for using on the edges of lawns or near garden ponds so you don’t contaminate the water accidentally with chemicals. Q1: When can children and pets return to a lawn treated with Miracle-Gro® EverGreen® Complete 4 in 1? Throughout our tests this model didn’t get jammed a single time, I think due to the hole where the feed goes through onto the spinning component as it is larger than what you sometimes see with these kinds of products.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment